TWENTY-EIGHT

I heard the water running in the bathroom while Don briefly showered.

I told him to change before I told him.

I pace around the room, biting my fingernails, prepping what to say or what I should say about our baby growing inside of me. I got to prepare ahead of his reactions and his words.

Everyone kept saying Don would be a great dad someday. Witnessing that with him and Leo and his niece and nephew, I never doubt him.

His childhood was dark in the past, with an abusive stepfather beating the hell out of him and his mother. He could never forget those painful memories. Everyone has their demons in them, and we will overcome them someday.

Don is at his greatness when he is with his brothers, his family, and his friends.

And me.

I stop pace and smile in front of the wall mirror as the water stop running and the bathroom door opens. Steam from having a hot shower emerged inside as Don stepped out looking fucking sexy with a towel around his waist, showing all his six bad boys staring at me, making my core scream.

I lick my lips.

Don clearing his throat made me cringe. He chuckles as he grabs a white t-shirt and shorts from the dresser as he changes.

"So, what's important that you keep it a secret from the others?" He asks as he puts on his shirt first before shorts.

It's not a secret.

Only a quarter of the family, including friends, knew. I didn't mean to hide it from him, but bring a child into the world when my abusive ex is out to haunt me; I don't want to risk having my children in harm's way.

"Well..." I say with one word right when Don is finished changing his clothes.

"Baby, did something happen?"

That's what I love about him. He can sense my worries and fears, although I don't show them. He cares and loves me so much he is willing to solve my problems.

Powerful emotions batter me on all sides.

I opened my mouth to let the first word and sentence practice in my head while he was showering. "Don...I'm-"

We both hear a knock, cutting me off as Logan enters our room. "Sorry to disturb you guys."

"No, it's cool, bro. What is it?"

"Actually," Logan glance his eyes at me. "C.J., there is a package for you."

My brows furrow. I look at Don and then back at his brother. "At this hour?"

Logan shrugs. "When I took out the trash, I saw a box in front of our front porch addressed to you."

"Dove, did you order something?"

I look back at Don and shake my head.

Something is fishy that a package addressed to me would be left behind at this late hour. This tension is making my skin crawl.

"Logan, where is the package?" Don asks his little brother.

"With the others in the living room." He replies. "We didn't open it because it's for C.J."

"Okay, good. We will be there in a minute."

Logan nods and closes the door.

"It's him," I whisper.

"CJ?"

"Don, it's him. He sends me something this late to tell me he knows where I live." I start to get frantic and hyperventilating. My heart is racing in fear. "He found me."