THIRTY-NINE

"Solomon, put me down," I say to him for the hundredth time, but this big buffoon won't listen as he carries me toward the makeshift elevator.

We are getting close, and Solomon won't let me go so I can save Don.

I can't let him stay with Eddie and die.

We are close to the elevator, and I need to think quickly.

Looking around and biting my nail, I did the one thing I could think of in this situation.

Abdominal pain.

"Oh," I pretended to be in pain, making Solomon stop.

"What's wrong, he asks?" With a concerned look as he put me down.

I made a large rock as a chair and touched my stomach, doing as much acting to be in pain. Those lessons at private schools paid off. I wasn't a professional, but I could fake pain like having a period, but in this case, having a baby.

"My stomach hurts," I hiss and try as much be overreacting to fool a man. "Can you find a doctor or someone?"

"I'll call Kit, and he will see - shit!" He curses under his breath. "My radio is back there. I'll carry you."

Before he reached for me, I howled drastically in pain. It made him back off, scared.

"No, no," I hug my stomach and rock back and forth. "There is something wrong with my baby. You can't carry me or else - OW!"

"Fuck," Solomon brushed his hair back, confused about what to do with a pregnant woman in pain. "I have to get Don and -"

I grab Solomon's arm before he finishes his sentence. "No, Don has a job to do, and you do too. But you can't pick me up because it will hurt me, so," I bite my lower lip. "Go get this Kit guy, and I'll stay here and wait for you."

Solomon gave me a good long stare like he didn't believe me. But I flash him my utmost pain look, and he knows he has to give up and get this person name Kit.

"Please, Solomon," I fake a cringe and hug my stomach tighter. "Go get Kit. I promise to wait here for you. My stomach hurts, and I think something is wrong with my baby." I hiss and groan. I peek an eye at him as he sighs.

"Alright," I let his arm go. "I'll get Kit. Promise me you keep your ass there until I return. Got it?"

"I promise. Now go."

Solomon heads to the elevator and presses the button. Waiting for it to hit the floor. He enters, and he goes up as he looks down on me to ensure I stay.

I watch the elevator rise higher and higher until I can no longer see Solomon. I bolt, going back to where Don and everybody is.

I had a short time before Solomon noticed I broke my promise and faked my stomach hurt. But every bit of my body is worried about Don. I don't want him to die here, not before me. We never made a vow, but I would love to grow old with him and watch our children grow for them to find love on their own.

I haven't forgiven Don about his deal with Eddie, but I love him. Looking around the cave, I spot an opening large enough for me to get in. I hear Eddie's voice getting more evident as I see a hole to see through.

"Fuck!" He kicks the head of a corpse. It seems all the workers are all dead. "Mordecai, can you get the damn thing or not?"

"I'm trying here," Mordecai replied. "This is some old shit mechanics."

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Eddie lashes out. "I want that damn flower!"

I sigh.

Eddie sets his eyes on something he will get no matter how much money he has.

I need to get to Don.

We need to get out of here.

Looking around under my feet, I found small rocks. I pick a couple and throw them at Don.

"Damn it," I whisper, missing his attention. I throw another, and it bounces off his back.

He notices and turns around to look where I hit him. I wave at him as his face turns sour, like, what the fuck am I doing back.

"Don," Eddie calls to him, grabbing back his attention. "Do you know anybody else that can open the damn thing?"

"I'm sorry, sir," Don replied.

"That just fucking great," Eddie scoffs and becomes hysterical, like how he lost a card game. He approaches Don trying to stand at the same level as him. Compared to the two men, Don is much larger and can take down Eddie anytime.

But Solomon said Eddie has something Don wants. I'm still questioning that.

That topic still lingers in my brain, and I'm figuring out more than one hundred answers that may or may not be possible.

"What does Eddie have that Don needs?" I mumble.

"You better find someone, or else she does," Eddie pulls out a device more extensive than a phone.

She?

"Eddie, I've done everything you asked for. Don't you dare touch her?" Don warn, and it sounds grizzly. He looks pissed.

If Don refers to a person as her, then it's a woman.

Is this mystery woman so important to Don that he has to work for Eddie, and why he lied to me?

"He doing this for a woman?" I say to myself. I felt like something stabbed my heart and cut it into pieces.

This woman seems to be in his heart since the beginning. Don took this job to get this woman back, and Eddie has her.

Another question arises as to who is this woman that Eddie held as a prisoner.

"Find a way, or else she dies." He pats Don's shoulder. "And I promise you I'll make her suffer slowly." Then Eddie walks away.

I watch as Don clenches his fist and see his jaw tighten even from here.

I left without him having to look for me. Although I'm with his child, and my love for him is strong yet broken, the reason that he is doing this for a woman, and I doubt his rescuing me, is just another handful on his plate. That is why he had Solomon take me away.

He's trying to rescue this other woman. This whole time it's for her and not...me.

I can feel my heart stagger, and it's killing me inside. I'm hurt emotionally, and yet I still love him.

If he took this mercenary job to rescue this other woman, I shouldn't interfere. I shouldn't be the third wheel in his love life. I won't be in his life, but he will be in our unborn baby's life. I don't want to take a father away from his kid.

I'm not that cruel.

I sign as I venture out of the tunnels and land in a bigger space. I look left and right, wondering where this tunnel leads too. While thinking of a way to get to Don, I'm still thinking about Don and this mystery woman.

Who is she?

Past lover, he can't get over? Someone who thought is dead but alive this whole time?

Who?!

Why is she so important that Don would diss me to have another man carry me out inside of him?

I groan and scratch my head roughly.

Why is my life so fucked up when it comes to men?

I crawl through the tunnel in a different direction and find a way to get to Don. So we can leave this place, and I can give Don what he deserves.

Hey guys!!!

Sorry for the late update. I've been busy with my orders from Etsy this week because people are buying my Sunset Curve keychains. If you are interested in the keychain or stickers I have on sale, you can go to my Etsy shop at YingzStudio.Etsy.com.

HAPPY READING!!