SEVEN

The music is bumping, and the party is crazy. Everyone came to celebrate Rex's birthday. He was surprised to come home to see everybody joining his special event. I look out the window to observe the guests.

There are some I don't recognize, one who Effie invited. Her name was easy to remember, it's where Eddie proposed to me - Paris.

Paris is with Effie, Logan, and two of Effie's best friends. They were chatting and having a blast. I heard the story about Paris. She was Clark's ex-girlfriend and Effie's best friend when they were kids turned bully because of popularity. But I guess they understand because Paris has a shitty life.

Don't we all?

Continuing my observation, everyone wore an attire for the luau; ladies wore either coconut bras or bathing suit tops, wrapped a sarong around their waist or grass skirts, and had Leis around their necks. The men had their Hawaii shirts open or closed; Clark had his shirt open while Sam, his fiancé, had his closed. Lily's parents, Wayne and Nicky, are an adorable couple. Even though it was not a costume party, they decided to dress up as Lilo and Stitch.

For this, California weather is hot, especially at night, and Wayne is wearing a Stitch Onesie, making himself an oversize blue alien dog. I bet he is sweating profusely and wants to remove it, but the children love it and start playing with him.

The Wolfe brothers wore no shirts revealing their tribal tattoos. Each one had the same design and a short grass skirt. They all looked hot and sexy, wearing like that, but one person caught my eye. I see Don talking with Ares and Odin, my cousins' grandfather, whom I had the pleasure of meeting at the graduation party. I was nervous about meeting the man because of his reputation, but as we first introduced ourselves, he pulled up a warm smile and welcomed me with open arms treating me like family.

That warm and comforting embrace reminds me of Nay Nay's warmth. I almost cried. He told me we are family and if there is anything I need, I should come to him. Surely I wouldn't take that offer because there isn't anything I need right now; well, looking for a place where Eddie couldn't find me, but I know he means well.

As I stalking as I watch Don chatting and laughing. I began to call him by his nickname instead of calling Donovan, and it's been a while since I started calling him Don.

It's progress but slowly.

I know he feels he is being watched and instantly look up my bedroom window, and I drop down, avoiding his gaze.

My heart is pounding so hard that I place my hand over my heart. I breathe in and out to keep me calm.

Crouching, I lift myself slightly to see through the window that Don is no longer talking to Ares and Odin.

I let out a breath and then my jump out again when the door opened.

"CJ, what are you doing here? Come down for the party?" Effie stands in the doorway with Lily behind her, holding Ramsey, her son.

I wrap the long white cardigan that I'm wearing and pull it so I won't reveal my attire. "I'm OK, up here."

"I'm going to change Ramsey," Once Lily walks away. Effie went inside and closed the door.

"Are you OK?" She asks as if something terrible is wrong.

"Nothing is wrong. Everything is fine. I came up here to get my cardigan."

"But it's ninety degrees out there, and you're wearing a cardigan?"

"Well, yes."

Effie scoffed, then smiled. "I know you grew up elegant with those fancy parties and shrimp on a cocktail, but it's OK to show a little skin."