TWENTY-FOUR

I entered Joe's Diner this morning and saw the place was half full of customers.

I decided to take Jordan's offer after she told me that her dad needed extra hands. Don dropped me off before he headed off to the gym. I left Leo in Seth's care along with Chris's other children because Terry is busy at work, and he got nothing to do. Effie and the others already started college. But Effie's first day is online classes in Songwriting and Introduction to Classic Music. So, she will be staying home. Effie wishes she had taken the course on campus, but Dr. Warren, the personal family doctor, says she shouldn't be walking around much, even if she's only four months pregnant.

The only reason she's complaining now is because she isn't with Logan, and he has classes on campus. She's worried that someone like her arch-nemesis, Heather, or someone who shares the same personality will take the opportunity and grab Logan. Liam and Lily are with him, so she got nothing to worry about. Still, she would frown from time to time.

"Hey, C.J.," Justin calls me before serving the customer. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for Jack," I scan my eyes around him.

"Dad? He's at his office. Why are you looking for him?" He asks, then smiles grimly. "If you go out with me, I can help you - OW!"

A spoon flung at the back of his head and was in the direction where his younger brother, Jeremy, glared behind the counter.

"Dude!" Justin growl and rub his head. "Did you just throw a spoon at my head?"

"Yeah," his brother says bluntly. "Stop flirting and get back to work."

"I'm not flirting; it's only C.J." Ouch! He says my name as if I'm just a person to him. Plus, he was flirting briefly before Jeremy threw the spoon like a dart aiming at his brother's head again.

Glad he did.

"I know," Jeremy says and shakes his head. "Dad's expecting her."

"Oh? How come he didn't tell me?"

"Because you were distracted by flirting with those college cheerleaders the other day."

"They were asking me what's good on the menu," Justin once again scoffed, then made his face dopey. "I told them it's me."

Oh god, Effie was right. Seth and Justin are the same when it comes to flirting with women of interest, but the difference is that Seth has started to lose interest in women and focus on Terry without knowing the truth.

"Idiot," Jeremy muttered but was heard from my end. "Anyways, hi C.J., Dad is in his office waiting for you. Just ignore this idiot."

"Bro, I'm older than you, and you act like your the big brother here." Justin snap.

"I advise you, CJ, don't fall for him."

"Dude, CJ can fall for anyone she likes, and what makes you think I'm not suitable."

Jeremy wipes his hands and sighs. "For one thing, Don will kick your ass."

I see Justin's brows frown. "Why would you mention Don in this conversation?"

I thought he knew.

"Bro, you are so dense."

"I'm not dense. Just tell me why Don will kick my ass?"

"Don and C.J. are dating, bro."

Justin's eyes grew wide once he set them on me. "Really?"

"Oh, brother," Jeremy sighed. "Yes, you moron."

"Awh, man," Justin surprised me when he slumped to the floor like a noodle. "Great, another girl I have on the list of girls to date is dating a Wolfe." He sat on his legs and raised his arms above his head. "God, please, why?"