TWENTY-SEVEN

The day of the party was over by the time the clock struck twelve. Everyone is cleaning up except for the pregnant birthday girl.

Effie is on the couch with her feet on Logan's lap, giving her a foot massage. The kids are on the floor opening Zara's presents. Effie has gifts, too, but she will wait to open them. With the money I earned from the bar and the monthly paychecks, I received every two weeks working at Jack's Diner. I was shocked he gave me a bonus because of the baby. I bought Effie home studio equipment that she can use to record her songs and music. I wasn't going to tell her until she opened it. I can't wait to see her face and will predict the tears because of the hormones.

Thea is with Jacob breastfeeding, and Lily is with Ramsey in the room.

At the last minute, Effie, before the party, wanted Lily to be included in the birthday bash. But Lily and Liam have plans tomorrow and asked me to watch Rama. Everyone knows what will happen during their date, and Lily kept blushing almost the whole day as we teased her.

I grab another trash bag in the storage closet to go outside and help, but the grown boys' laughter is loud for me to hear from outside the backyard.

Don is the person I see first; his sexy smile and laughter melt my heart as I touch the small form baby bump.

I didn't get the chance to tell him. I tried, but there were so many things distracting I was beginning to stress out. Not to get a miscarriage, I mostly sat down, drank water, and went to the bathroom whenever needed. I hoped Don noticed the symptoms quickly before I told him.

"You're biting your nails again."

My heart jumps from the sound of Seth's voice beside me. "Damn it, Seth. Don't do that."

"Sorry, I noticed that habit recently. You bite your nails when you are stressed or nervous," I scowl at him as he chuckles until it fades as we both look at his brother and the love of my life. "You should tell him."

I sigh. "I'm scared."

"Scared that he won't accept the baby because I know my little brother. He may look scary on the outside but a big softy on the inside. Also, he loves children."

"I know how he is, especially how Leo adores him. I can see how Don makes my son the perfect dad and why I'm scared..." I pause to stop myself from telling the truth about my anxiety because I don't want any more people worried about me when the mention of Eddie comes to mind.

"Anyways, I wanted to tell him today, but because of the party, I never got the chance," I sigh for the second time. "What I'm scared of is how should I tell him?"

Seth places a hand on my shoulder and pulls on a smile. "However you tell him about the baby, he will burst into tears of joy. Unlike Logan over there, he fainted once we learned about Effie's pregnancy."

I chuckle.

Seth pulled me and squeezed me for a side hug. "I have never seen my brother happy. Heck, all four of them. I'm happy they found someone like you and the girls. We all have our demons, and sharing the dark secrets kept inside with our significant other makes it all better."

I look up at Seth and see the hurt in his eyes. Sure, the Wolfe brothers are treated as Gods, but also, gods have weaknesses.

Logan had lost his first love to a psycho and could never find love again until he met Effie, who could be out from the garden walls of guilt. They shared the loss of loved ones and saw each other to heal the wounds that conflicted with them.

Liam has it rough; he was used by a trusted friend and sent to jail to be violated by a malicious man who happens to be Lily's biological father. Liam had to push Lily away because he didn't want her to join his life of misery, but they overcame it because of their son.