SIXTEEN

"Oh crap," I groan.

"Something the matter?" Ask Thea as she leans back and moans. Letting the water jet soothes her body.

It was a girl's day at the spa at Olympus Hotel. Big Mac and Billie gave me a weekend off with what happened that day at the bar. So, Thea and Effie got the idea of having a girl's weekend at Odin's hotel in Los Angeles. We were given a presidential suite with three rooms, two baths, a kitchen, a bar, and a beautiful view of Hollywood.

"Next month is Leo's seventh birthday," I cover my mouth and bite my nail while we, the girls, Thea, Effie, Lily, and Jordan. I am soaked in a mud bath with an aloe vera mask while Effie is getting a leg and foot massage by a hot guy. She needed it from walking around too much. Thea and Lily are at the other side of the room in aqua-jet tubs soaked with aromatherapy oils, moisturizer, and exfoliates. For Jordan, she's getting those stone massages.

"Shit, I almost forgot about it. What am I going to do?"

I've been so caught up with working and looking for an apartment I forgot my own son's birthday. The following month is August, the month of the zodiac sign Leo, which I named after. Well, his full name is Lionel.

I want to get up, but the mud is keeping me still. I groan and lean my head back. Whenever Leo's birthday came up, I would prepare before the event. I would order balloons, catering, and decorations and make invitations to send out to friends. But coming here, there has been a lot going through my mind.

A lot of things.

Especially when Don and I slept together that night, my mind and heart would explode.

I heard Effie say thank you to the handsome masseuse as he gave her a wink and left. She reaches for her phone next to her. "I'll give Terry a call to buy the supplies."

"Effie, no, it's okay. I can do that."

"Cousin, relax," Thea says, relaxing her arms over the tub. "You've been stressing out and need to relax during our mini vacation."

"But-"

"She's right, CJ," Lily turns her head. "You need this. After that incident, you looked worn out."

It's because Don was sleeping peacefully beside me. It was another night I didn't sleep. I had tea bags under my eyes; I looked like a panda.

"I'll call Terry," Effie whispered in her ear. "Hey, Terry, can you come in here for a minute? Okay, bye."

Minutes later, Terry comes into the spa area as if casually. Jordan shrieks, falling off the massage bed as she covers her naked body.

"Hey, you can't just let him go in here." She hides behind the bed.

I look at Effie, then Thea and Lily, looking at each other until we laugh.

"What?"

"Jo, I'm letting you in on a secret between us girls." The grin. "Terry here is actually-"

"He's gay!"

Effie, Lily, and I laugh at Jordan's outburst answer.

"No," Thea chuckled. "Terry is a woman."

That news struck Jordan hard as she slowly glanced at Terry, who stood there like the bodyguard she was, hands behind her back.

"No way," Jordan mumbled and rose out from hiding. She studies Terry, then walks towards her holding the towel around her.

She circles Terry, trying to find anything feminine about her. "Did you get surgery?"

"Jo," Thea groaned.