TWENTY-SIX

As days passed, I felt safe, especially with Don by my side. Taking a new job at Jack's Diner and becoming one of their cooks, I have never been this happy.

I worry from time to time about Eddie. Cautious around my surroundings, eyeing everyone I walk by as if they work for him as a spy. If he learned I have a new man in my life, and Leo is happy with our life here in California, deep down in my gut, Eddie would do anything to make my life a living hell.

I may be worrying, but right now, I don't care. I'm not going to run away anymore from my past with him. I've settled with my son, family, friends, and Don.

I got nothing to fear.

It has been a month, and as I look at the long rectangular wall mirror, I see my belly exposed with a baby bump.

I bit my lower lip.

I had to cut back on working because I told Jack the truth about my pregnancy; even Jeremy and Justin knew. They congratulated me genuinely, but when I told them Don didn't know, all three lectured me that I should never keep my baby from their father.

The other day I went to see the OBGYN doctor as she monitored my baby inside. She said the baby's heart was beating and healthy. It's too early for the gender, but if it's a boy, Leo will have a baby brother to play with what little boys do, or if it's a baby girl, Leo will protect his sister with his life.

I caress the baby bump and smile at the thought of having a little boy who will look like Don with the Wolfe traditional blue eyes or a girl who will look like me with his blue eyes.

The images of our child growing inside are getting me excited. I want them to love and cherish my baby. And Leo can have a sibling to play with; well, he got his cousins but the more, the merrier. Leo doesn't have cousins back in London, and having a baby brother and sister, I know he will be excited to see them.

The whole month I have not told Don yet. Every night we would cuddle, and he would try and make his way to have our clothes off, but the thought of him touching my breast, which grew a bit, and the baby bump, I had to make excuses. Just the idea of not having sex is driving me crazy. I even wear his oversized t-shirts to hide the baby bump; he doesn't expect anything. But I have cravings, which I say I'm on the month.

We don't have to make love every night. I mean, the sex was amazing. Even my cousins and Lily will tell me their sex life stories regarding their man. They would say the Wolfe brothers are like Gods in bed.

I didn't want to believe her nonsense, but Don makes a hell of a lover.

And I want to be with him until we grow old together and watch our kids grow until they find someone they love.

The topic of the baby growing inside was killing me, but Eddie would sometime come to mind, and I had to put it to a halt.

Ever since Eddie called me, he has been quiet. He has done nothing. No harassing. No calls. With him silent for a long time, it scares me more than him looking for me.

Sure, he has his job at the bank, but learning his ex-fiancé is in another country shows he has a plan. Eddie isn't stupid. But he's not smart, either.

When he wants something, he gets it.

He will do his best to get what he wants until he can no longer breathe.

Although I feel safe here, going outside this house is an issue.

"C.J.," I hear Effie's voice as she pops into the room. "Got a minute?"

"Sure," I put my shirt down and saw her frown.

"You didn't tell Don yet, haven't you?"

Besides Thea, Effie learned about my pregnancy last week and promised her not to say anything to anyone, especially Don.