THIRTY-TWO

Droplets of water echos through the walls and bounces to my ear as I stir from this lingering slumber that bastard had injected me with.

Stinging pain ringing in my head as I groan and want to rub my face and open my eyes to see my vision blur, but I can't move my arms. Fully aware, I noticed that chains bound my wrist. I try yanking them, but it's impossible to break free with my strength. If I were Wonder Woman, breaking would take less than a second. But since I'm no superhero, I can't push my luck.

Looking around, there seemed to be no windows and barely any light. The hitman took me somewhere; nobody knows where I'm at.

I yank the chains repeatedly, then look for a possible way out, but this place is so deemed I can hardly look anywhere.

"Where am I?" I whisper, and before I can find the answer, a door opens, and a wall of bright light burns my eyes as I look away.

"You're awake."

My eyes shot up but kept hidden from the light as my memory collected the voice taunting me since I fell for him. My body trembles as I give short of breath.

The sound of a door closing made the light fade. I gather to lift my head to find Eddie standing before me, smirking. The hitman stood behind him.

I turned to face him but gave him a menacing look to know how afraid and angry I was at him for pulling this.

"Well, you look dashing as ever, Claire."

"Eddie, you fucking bastard!"

"Now, now, don't hurt yourself." He says with a smirk as I growl at him. "Do you know how much I missed you?"

"How did you find me?"

Eddie chuckle. "It's not hard to hire people who will do anything for money. Especially finding where my fiance is hiding."

"You bastard!" I launched at him, but the chains were holding me back. I fight so hard, trying to grab at him. I'm only but an inch away from slapping his face. The chains pull me back. I snarl at Eddie. "Give up already. I don't love you anymore. You can have anyone."

"Oh, sweet Claire," He crouches to an eye level. Tip his finger under my chin and lift my head. "I will never give up. Because you have something that I want."

I jerk my head away and furrow my brows. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Eddie rose. "Well, can you guess where we are?"

I looked around, unsure how to answer him, but I did anyway, "a dungeon?"

"Not just any dungeon. We are inside an underground tunnel I built for years to look for the key to finding the forgotten kingdom here in the Philippines."

My eyes grew wide. "Philippines!"

I've been taken here for more than fourteen hours of flight to the Philippines.

"Yes, the Philippines." Before, Eddie's smile would make me swoon for him, but now I find it creepy as hell, as it makes my entire body shiver. "Where they have beautiful islands and a great environment."

"Why the hell would you bring me here?" I ask angrily.

Eddie brought me here away from my son. Leo is probably looking for me, scared and worried.

"For the treasure."

"What does it get to do with me?" I frown in confusion. I don't know any treasure.

Eddie pauses and looks at the hitman behind him as he hands a paper roll-up. "There's this myth about King Renaldo the Third giving a custom necklace made of gold and a rare gem given to his favorite and most lovable consort, Princess Amihan. It said that all loved Princess Amihan but was jealous of other women in the harem, especially the Queen. She secretly poisoned Princess Amihan, and once the King found out, he made a decree to have his beloved Princess buried in a palace built for her and also gave all his gold and jewels buried deep in the earth."