THIRTY-FOUR

I keep looking behind me past Solomon, who is guarding my exit. The tunnel felt like an endless road to nowhere. I wasn't sure Eddie knows where he is going.

Solomon caught me staring and shook his head like always. I made a long face and faced forward and sighed. He claims Don will come to rescue me but when? I've been waiting for more than hours to go and get me from this bastard.

I'm having doubts about believing Solomon that Don will rescue me and take me home to be with my family, son, friends, and him.

Where are you, Don?

I place my hand over my stomach and pray. Pray hard to God that my unborn child will not be in danger whatever happens to me.

"We are here." I hear Eddie say in awe.

Bright illuminating light blind my eyes as the tunnel reach the end. Before I could get my vision, I slowly opened them as they grew twice as wide as my average size.

What I'm looking at is unbelievable. It's not possible. I don't even know how to explain such an exceptional architecture.

"Look how magnificent it is. Breathtaking. Beautiful." Eddie made comments about the underground palace, all built-in gold.

The king of the Philippines must love his wife. To build her burial grave underground and home it with a gold palace.

"The treasure. We must go inside and get it." Eddie rubs his hands menacing, then faces Paul with a disgusted look. "Solomon, make sure she doesn't run. She must have something to open the doors if we get inside."

"Yes, sir," Solomon says obediently. Though he sounds annoyed, he still follows this asshole's command.

I don't know if I can trust this guy. He's working for Eddie yet teased me that Don will come.

It's not like he's a bad guy. He put a gun to my back when he kidnapped me, but I had him subdued, telling him I was pregnant, and he changed his behavior. Then he fed me behind Eddie's back for me and the baby.

My mind is a twister right now, and I can't trust anybody yet. Not even Solomon. I still quite get this guy's character.

Who is he too, Don?

"Now, my dear," Eddie grabs my arm that, is tied up with plastic wire straps and pushes me towards the large gold doors. "Find the opening."

I groan. "Do you honestly think I know where the entrance is as if I know about this place?"

"Oh Claire, you are a brilliant girl, especially one who loves mystery puzzles."

"Well, I wonder who I blamed for making me bored all day, every day."

"You have my son to take care of."

"I love Leo and will do anything, but you wouldn't let me do what I love to do."

Eddie scoffs. "A woman opening a restaurant is ridiculous, especially one of your status will make others laugh at you."

What's wrong with a woman owning a business?

I turned and gave him a glare which he smirked in amusement. "I don't care what your fake friends think of me. At least I'm passionate about something. Your male friends are gentlemen who only marry trophy wives with low integrity. And those women you had me be friends with were such fake makes me think their boobs and brains are real."

With a quick move, Eddie grabbed a fist of my hair and pulled my head back with the gunpoint to my head.

I hiss, then smile. "Sensitive much?"