Chapter 29: Friends

Like normal Jamie had woken up early and had showered and gotten dressed even before her roommate/best friend Rhiannon woke up. Today Jamie was going shopping with Hermione as the two hadn't spent much time alone recently, Jamie was really excited.  

When Jamie was ready for the day she woke up Rhiannon and George who must have come during the night.  George was late for work so Jamie kicked him out while telling him he had work to be at, Rhiannon just watched from the sidelines and laughed. 

Once George was gone and it was just the two girls Jamie decided to make pancakes for her and Rhiannon. So while Rhiannon got in the shower and dressed for the day Jamie made pancake mixture and started to make breakfast. After Rhiannon was dressed and the breakfast was made the girls sat down at the breakfast bar and ate together. 

"So what are you doing today?" Rhiannon asked.

"Me and Hermione are having a girls day. what about you?"  Jamie asked. 

"I'm going to meet a friend, you remember that Ravenclaw dude that used to come sit with us in the library." 

"Oh yer he was a bit weird. His name was Finley. yer?" 

"Yep him, well I saw him at the party and we talked he seems less creepy now." Rhiannon told Jamie. The girls ate the rest of there breakfast and both set off to where ever they were going. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamie took the floo network to the burrow and was greeted by Molly who was knitting in the living room. 

"Morning dear. How are you?" Molly asked as she stood up.p 

"Morning I'm good thanks for asking. Can't wait to spend the day with Hermione." Jamie smiled at Molly. 

"Well have fun dear she's in her and Ron's room." 

"Thanks." Jamie said as she made her way up to see Hermione. Jamie knocked on the door and walked in Hermione was sat on the bed reading. Jamie made her way to the bed and sat down knowing not to interrupt Hermione and her reading. Ron was not in sight so him and Harry must be out or doing something. 

"Hi Jamie." Hermione said once she put her book down. 

"Hi mione, good book?" 

"Very you should read it. You used to read all the time."  

"I did but then I got busy and I don't have much time to read. So you ready to go?" Jamie asked. 

"In a minuet let me just find a jacket and put some shoes on." Hermione said as she got off the bed. 

"So where's Ron?" Jamie asked another question. 

"Him and Harry have decided to be Auror's so they are at training." Hermione said shocking Jamie. She would have fought fighting  and killing Voldemort was enough now the pair want to catch more dark wizards.  

"Wow well at least you can have some alone time while they are out."  Jamie said back to Hermione who nodded in agreement. 

"Right i'm ready." Hermione smiled and the pair walked downstairs said goodbye to Molly and Arthur. Then Jamie apparated them to Hogsmeade to go and do some shopping. 

Hermione mainly came to get some things for the baby as she wanted to have a nursery set up before she became too pregnant and Jamie wanted to help her and also buy some things for the baby. Jamie used the excuse of being the godmother to Hermione but Jamie just wanted to treat Hermione. 

The first shop they went into was a baby store it had everything needed for a nursery. Jamie and Hermione walked around picking up things that would be needed such as cot covers, bottles , some baby clothes that Jamie insisted to buy , decorations for the room and a changing table. When all of that was brought and bagged up Hermione sorted out delivery for the changing table and the girls headed off to the next shop what was a clothing store. Hermione needed new clothes due to her growing stomach and Jamie just liked to buy clothes.