Ch. 42

All I can say is I'm sorry for the wait and I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's not as exciting as normal ones but it will lead to more stuff!

Y/n's POV:

It's been three days since Ariana and I decided to put a label on our relationship, and things have pretty much stayed the same, other than Ariana being more affectionate when we're alone, nothings changed. It's weird, I was expecting more from this new stepping stone in our relationship. Not that I want more challenges or problems. I just worry about when those things will arise. I shouldn't be worrying about it, because I'm quite happy with where we're at and if I continue thinking this way, I'm going to be absent for the whole thing.

"Yo! Earth to Y/n?!"

I look up from my half eaten brunch plate to see Jasmine looking more than annoyed at me for yet again spacing out.

"Jazz I'm s-"

She puts her hand up to stop me.

"Don't, you've already said that to me more times than I can count today. Just tell me what's on your mind. And I swear to god if you're worrying about your relationship with Ariana, I'm going to strangle you." She says.

I look back down at my food and try not to look like the guilty puppy I am. But of course, Jasmine sees straight through me and let's out a large sigh.

"Y/n, you have to stop worrying about the future so much and just live in the moment. I know you're not one to do that often, but you're going to miss out on possibly some of the best times of your life." She says.

"I know, I'm just not used to having someone so accepting of me. Don't get me wrong, it's great! However, it's also terrifying, because now I have the possibly of doing so many of the things I've missed out on in a relationship. The unknown is scary Jazz..."

"You just have to take things one step at a time. No ones going to force you to do anything you don't want too." She says.

"But what about the media, the fame, the fans....what about what Ariana wants? What if I can't take those steps fast enough for her?"

"Look Y/n, you need to slow down. Enjoy what you have, don't spend the good times worrying about stuff that you don't know the answer too."

Although my gut says otherwise, I do my best to swallow that feeling and focus on what Jasmine has said.

"Thank you Jazz."

She smiles before waving over the waitress to get our check.

Ariana's POV:

"Earth to Arianaaaaa?!"

"Wha-" I say, not paying attention as I stare at the cute photo Y/n sent me this morning.

"ARIANA!"

I look up and Courtney's face looks fuming.

"I-"

"What the hell Ari? You've been spacing out all morning, what has you so distracted?" Courtney asks.

"I don't know what you're talking about"

She raises an eyebrow, then tries to snatch my phone from me, but thankfully I'm quicker than her. It's not that I don't want her to know, it's because I want to try and respect Y/n's wishes in taking things slow and I don't know if that means telling our friends yet or not. I mean other than Victoria and Jasmine already knowing.

"Okay what are you hiding?" She asks again.

"It's nothing! Can't you just leave it?" I shout in a nastier tone than I meant too.

Courtney, taken aback, stands up and starts gathering her things.

"Court, pls don't-"

She puts her hand up.

"I know you have your secrets Ari and I can respect that-"

"No that's not-"

"But getting angry at me, when I'm just trying to make sure you're okay?" She says, shaking her head at the end.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to be nasty you just kept asking and...and there's really nothing going on, I just-I didn't sleep well last night that's all really, and I'm just a little stressed with work" I tell her.

She studies me and I can tell she doesn't fully buy my lie, which I mean it's only a half lie, I am stressed with work, but I can't tell her about what really has me smitten.

"Whatever you say Ari, I do have to get going anyway, the twins wanted me to help them sort out a debate on something and they've been blowing up my phone for the last fifteen minutes." She says.

She gives me a light smile before swinging her purse over her shoulder and heading out.

I need to talk with Y/n. I want to respect her wishes, but we need to find a middle, cause I can't keep my close friends out of the loop forever. I just hope she's willing to talk about it. I know us just going out was a huge step for her...maybe I'll invite her over for a nice dinner and a movie and we can chat about stuff.

To Be Continued...

Author Note: First, I'm so sorry this has taken me so long, I've been up and down mentally and with my new job I don't have as much time to write. I still won't have any specific update times. But I appreciate everyone's patience so much and the continued love for this story and others. I'll do my best to try and update more often, but like I said life has been crazy. Till next time <3