Ch. 44

I've made a small recovery from the dead. No promises, but I've been getting into reading again and it's starting a spark in me to write, now if only I had the time.

Y/n's POV:

*buzz-buzz*

I look down at my phone to see yet another message from Ari.

Ari 🖤: r u positive it's fine to tell them?

Me: for the tenth time yes it is fine lol

Ari 🖤: really?

Me: omg just tell them! Maybe then my head can get some peace from Courtney and the twins arguing 😂

Ari 🖤: okay okay I will! Just give me a second to get to y'all

Me: See you soon 💋

Ari 🖤: you better not be teasing with that emoji, I expect a kiss later 😚

Me: Stop texting me and get here and you can have many kisses 😘

Ari 🖤: you better not be teasing 😤

Her last message makes me laugh and catches the other's attention, but before they can ask me about it Ariana arrives, taking their attention elsewhere.

"Everyone can I get your attention! I have some important news to share!" Ariana shouts.

Courtney leans towards me and whispers in my ear.

"How much you wanna bet she found someone new?" She says.

What the fuck, does Courtney already know about us? But how?

"What makes you say that?" I ask her.

"I don't know, she just seems...happier lately, you know? She hasn't been mopping around the office like she was when you first started here."

I nod in response. She's not wrong, but a number of things could have happened to make her happy. It couldn't possibly be just because of me.

"Okay, now that I have everyone's attention-" Ariana pauses as she locks eyes with me, but continues when I give her a "go on" look.

"-I mean, you guys are some of my closer friends so I wanted y'all to know first"

Everyone is looking around confused and somewhat worried. I mean I would be too if I hadn't known what this was all about.

"Im just gonna say it...I'm dating someone new" she says.

Courtney nudges my side as if to say I told you so and I roll my eyes.

"However, it's not just anyone or another celebrity. It's actually someone you all know, someone who's in this room, and that person is Y/n"

All eyes turn to me and I see Courtney's jaw drop open. I hold in my laughter and make my way to Ariana. She holds her hand out for me and I take it without hesitating.

"This may come as a shock to some of you, especially since I've only dated men in the past. But please do not treat Y/n any differently than you did before. She is still apart of this crew and I want everyone to get along" Ariana says.

At first it's silent, but not for long.

"It's about time!" Someone yells.

"Yeah, how long has this been going on, cause I had a bet placed for awhile" another person yells.

I feel blush make its way to my face and look at Ariana to see I'm not the only one.

"W-What do you mean?" Ariana asks.

"Y'all may think you're slick but you're not. Like honesty, why else would y'all leave everyone to go have lunch together everyday, or hang out almost everyday after work!" Another shouts.

This makes a few people laugh and Ariana quickly tries to defend herself, but is shot down when another person chimes in again.

It's not long before everyone calms down and things begin to go back to the way they were.

"I had a feeling you guys had something going on" Scott says.

"Yeah I did too, I'm glad for you guys" Brian says.

"For the record, I had no fucking idea y'all were going out-wait did I interrupt something that day that I came in talking about a hot dude walking his dog?!" Courtney asks.

"Yes, yes you did, and I almost murdered you for it." Ariana tells her.

"Why? Were y'all about to do it or something?" Courtney asks, laughing.

This makes both our faces turn red and I was about to chew Courtney out, but Ariana beat me to it.

"Oh my god, Courtney! Y-You can't just say stuff like that!" Ariana says, trying to keep her cool.

"Why not? It's not like it's something I wouldn't ask you if you were with a guy" she says.

She does make a point, but like it's still embarrassing. We did only just come out to Ariana's friends.

"True but-it doesn't matter, just please don't ask that" Ariana says.

Courtney puts her hands up in defeat and I let out a deep breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Anyway, what is everyone doing this weekend?" Courtney asks, switching the subject.

"Scott and I have nothing going on, what about you guys?" Brian says looking between Ariana and I.

"I don't have anything big planned I believe, why?" Ariana asks.

"There's this new club opening up, it's supposed to be super retro, we should go!" Courtney says.

"I thought you gave up drinking since the record party?" Ariana asks.

Courtney waves her hands at her.

"Girl you really think I'm gonna give up alcohol for a hangover?" She states, making Ariana roll her eyes.

"I guess if the twins are down then I am too, what about you Y/n?" Ariana asks.

"I uh I don't know...I'm not really much of a drinker" I say, scratching the back of my neck.

"Come on Y/n, it won't be the same without you!" Court whines.

I look over at Ariana and she's giving me puppy eyes.

"Please babe?" She asks.

I sigh before looking back at the others.

"What the hell, why not" I say, caving.

What's the worst that'll happen?

To Be Continued...