Ch. 36

Enjoy and as always don't forget to vote!

Ariana's POV:

Later that night after talking with Y/n

I can't believe myself. I did it again. Why do I keep trying to jump into relationships? I knew the risk of asking her this early, but yet I still couldn't cope with her answer.

"Y-Yes...and no"

At first I'm thrilled but then the second-half of her answer makes me confused.

"What? What do you mean yes and no?"

"I mean that I want to, but I can't, at least not yet." She says.

"Well why not?"

"It's....complicated."

I shouldn't have blown up at her. I was just so hopeful that when it didn't go as I planned, I panicked and let my emotions get the better of me.

"Life is complicated Y/n! Everything is complicated!"

"I'm sorry, but it's-"

"I refuse to accept that as your excuse!"

I wasn't fair to her at all. I didn't even let her explain herself. She told me that she feels the same, just that she needs a little more time. She wasn't asking for something unreasonable. I along with many other people know what it's like to need time. Whether it's to heal or not doesn't mean her reason was any less valid...I really fucked up. I don't know how I'm going to be able to face her now.

I think about calling Vic, but right as I go to my phone goes off.

Incoming call from: Jasmine

I almost forgot that I gave her my number. I watched as her name continued flashing on the screen. The only reason I can think of for her calling me is because of Y/n. Although I don't want anything to do with her at the moment because I'm not ready, I decide to answer anyway.

I hope I don't regret this.

Ariana: Hello?

Jasmine: Thank god. I was worried you weren't going to answer. I need your help.

She needs my help?

Ariana: With what? I don't think there's much I can help you with, I mean we barely know each other.

Jasmine: Yes, however, there is one thing or should I say one person that you and I both know quite well, and that's Y/n.

I knew it.

Ariana: I-I'm sorry, I can't...

Jasmine: Ariana please it's important

Ariana: Jasmine I-

Jasmine: Look, I know you and Y/n are not on the best of terms right now. Since you asked her out and-

I feel my cheeks heat up immediately.

Ariana: I never-That's not what-

Jasmine: You can't lie to me Ariana. Do you really think she hasn't told me about what happened? Plus, I have eyes and can see how head over heels you are for her, and she's the same. She may have said no, but that's because she's an idiot and doesn't believe she can trust you.

What does she mean by that?

Ariana: Wait, trust me? What does she-

Jasmine: It doesn't matter right now, nor is it my place to say. I on the other hand do trust you and that is why I am asking for your help...Y/n may kill me later for telling you this, but I'm willing to take that risk if it helps her now...

What is she talking about?

Jasmine: After she talked with you, she left to go have dinner with her father. However, she came home only a little over an hour and a half after that and hasn't said a word since. I've tried getting her to talk but I don't think I'm going to be able to get through to her. You might not believe me when I say that she cares about you, but she does. I also know it might be hard, but I'm begging you to please come over and try talking with her...

Ariana: I...

Jasmine: Please Ariana, you're the only other person that she will listen too.

If what she says is true, then I guess I have no choice but to put my current issues aside and help Y/n.

Ariana: Okay...

Jasmine: Thank you

After all, I care about her and if I'm the only one that can help her, then I will do everything in my power to do so.

Y/n's POV:

I feel different.

Almost cold...numb even?

I haven't felt like this since mom passed away.

I didn't mean to ignore Jasmine, it just happened. In my head I was screaming for her to help me, but my body just wouldn't respond. I don't like being like this, I don't want to shut people out. I've dreaded everyday that this might happen again and now it is.

I need help. I can't do this alone. Not again. I need Jasmine-no.......I need Ariana.

Please, help me....

To Be Continued...

A/n: So sorry about the wait. I've been quite busy and tired from work. I'm doing my best to keep this story updated at least once a week or week and a half! Although if I get a lot done then some updates might happen quicker then others. Thank you for being so patient with me 🖤