Ch. 2

Enjoy loves! Don't forget to Vote! 🖤

Y/n's POV:

"Excuse me?" A female voice says.

I can't believe my eyes. Ariana Grande is standing next to me. I never thought I'd get the chance to be next to such a celebrity and artist.

"Um..Excuse me?" She says again, now waving her hand back and forth at me.

"O-Oh sorry, I zoned out" I tell her with a nervous chuckle.

She giggles back at my response and I can't help but smile. Something about her laugh just lifted my spirit.

"It's alright. I just had a question" she says.

"Oh sure, what's your question?"

"Are you Y/n?"

What? How does she know my name and why is she even interested in me?

"Uhhh maybe, why?"

"Well, I was just having a meeting with one of the record companies employees, when this girl interrupted."

Oh shit, is she mad at me?! I'd never be able to continue my career in music if someone like her bad mouthed me to the public!

"I'm very sorry about that, I just couldn't handle being treated like garbage anymore. But please, please, don't bad mouth me on social media! I promise that I will never be a problem to you again. You see I just quit, and I'll never be able to get another job in music ever again if you tweet or whatever about it!" I beg.

"Are you serious?"

I nod my head up and down like crazy, and can feel tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Why would I bad mouth you on social media? You just saved me from the most awkward and creepy meeting I've ever had to do."

"W-What?" At first I'm confused by why the meeting was awkward and creepy? But then I remember that she had to talk with Henry, so her word choice is more than accurate.

"Yeah, he wouldn't stop trying to flirt with me and kept talking about his stupid truck. Talk about crazy, I told him to stop multiple times, but he wouldn't. Thank god you knocked on the door when you did, otherwise I was about to call my security on him."

I can't believe Henry would even attempt something that low. I mean I know he's desperate, but flirting with a celebrity? That's just not right, especially at work. Not to mention that she's wayyy out of his league.

"I'm sorry, you shouldn't of had to go through that. I'm glad to have helped."

She nods and I start gathering my stuff, thinking that our conversation is done.

"Where you going?" She asks.

"Home."

"Why?"

Jeez she's full of questions.

"Because, I'm gonna need to get straight into finding a new job, now that I quit. Next months rent is due in just 2 weeks and I won't have enough to cover it with the hours I've done this week."

"Oh."

"Yeah" I finally get all of my stuff and turn to head for my car, but stop when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and Ariana releases my shoulder.

"Sorry, I just-what if I told you I had a job opportunity, that I think you would be perfect for?" She says.

Am I on crack or is Ariana Grande offering me a job?

"You can't be serious?"

"Well I am"

"But why me? I mean you don't even know me?"

She shrugs.

"I don't know. Just a feeling I guess."

"A feeling?"

"I swear, I'm being serious. Honest to god knock me out. One of my assistants had to quit last week, because her father needed all around care. I heard what you said to Henry and respect you for standing up to him. That's why I think you would be perfect for the job. I need someone who is willing to do simple tasks, without goofing off, and isn't willing to take shit from anyone. I don't like when my colleagues, friends, and or family are bullied." She says.

Wow. So she really is trying to offer me a job.

"I don't know. I'm not normally like that."

"Please? I would hate to leave here today, knowing that I was part of the reason you got yelled at and quit. Plus, I'm curious to learn how someone like you, ended up in a place like that. You seem like the most reliable worker out of everyone in that building."

"What would you pay me?"

"How about $28 an hour? And if you do well then I'll bump it to $30. Your work hours would be kinda crazy, but you'd get to come along on meetings, tours, the studio and much more." She says.

There were four words that she said that caught my attention. The first three were $28 an hour, and the second was studio.

"Okay Grande, you got yourself a deal."

"Really?!" She asks, unsure if she heard me correctly.

I shake my head yes and she quickly engulfs me into a tight bear hug.

Who knew that I'd end up working for Ariana Grande today? Not me that's for fucking sure.

To Be Continued...