Ch. 34

Enjoy and don't forget to vote! 🖤

Y/n's POV:

"Hello ma'am, table for one this evening?" The hostess asks.

"Actually I'm with the Y/l/n reservation."

"Oh, then right this way." The lady ushers me to follow and I hesitantly do.

With each step I can feel my heart beat rise. After making our way around multiple tables and walls, I notice the all too familiar stature that is my father. It's hard to believe it's only been four years since I last saw him. Most of his hair has turned to a mix of grey and white, making it almost impossible to see what is still brown. Old age has not been on his side. He's dressed in a suit, exactly as expected, and his phone is in hand, typing furiously at what I can only assume is work related.

"Here you are ma'am." The hostess says before leaving.

"Well finally. How long were you going to make us wait?"

I quickly look to the speaker and see none other than Helen, beside my father.

"Honestly, do you really think your father has the time to wait?" Helens says.

It hasn't even been ten seconds and I already want to punch her in the face.

"That's quite enough. There's no need to be so rude Helen." My father surprisingly says.

"But-"

"I'm sure my daughter has her reasons, yes I'm a busy man, but that doesn't mean everyone else isn't." He continues.

Well shit.

"Anyway, Y/n my darling, please, sit. How have you been?" My father asks.

I slowly take a seat across from him, slightly unaware of how to act. His personality is not what I expected it to be at all.

"I've been pretty good."

My father nods in reply, while Helen just stares at her phone.

"It's been awhile, are you still living with that friend of yours?" He asks.

"Jasmine, and yes I am. She actually just got back from visiting her family."

"That's nice, and what about work?" He questions.

"I used to work for a large company but I quit a little over two months ago."

I hear Helen huff disapprovingly , and I ball my fists under the table.

"Why'd you quit?"

"Well, I wasn't learning anything there and I couldn't stand my coworkers anymore." I tell him.

"So you're unemployed then?" He asks.

"No, I have a job. I actually got offered one right after I quit."

"I see." He says.

"Yeah, it's actually a lot better than the one I had before. Granted I'm still working as an assistant, except I actually get to work on my music skills."

"Music?" One of his eyebrows rise with the question.

I nod. My father never really liked the idea of me working in the music industry. Back when I lived with him, he would always push me towards marketing or business. It was something we would argue about quite frequently. My mother used to tell me to follow my heart and do what I want, but my father has always had different plans for me.

"I can't say that I'm not disappointed...because I am. I hoped that after four years you would have had enough time to get over this preposterous dream of yours, but I guess not. When are you gonna wake up and be the person you are meant to be? Take the responsibly of being a Y/l/n and stop with this childish behavior. One day I will step down from office and I want to leave knowing that you are ready to take my place."

So, this is why he wanted to meet up...not because he wanted to be a better father. Of course it is, why would I get my hopes up.

"I told you seeing her would be a waste of time." Helen says.

"Oh shut up already!"

I'm sick of my father trying to control my life.

"Excuse me?! You can't speak to me like that" Helen says.

"I can and I will! I'm sick of you treating me like garbage!"

"Y/n! Apologize, now!" my father says.

"No! If anyone should be apologizing it should be her! Do you know how many times I was locked out of the house?! The hundreds of insults and threats I've taken?! Or the abuse I've endured from this whore of a-"

"ENOUGH!" My father slams his hands on the table, making both Helen and I jump in our seats and others to look our way.

"I didn't come here for you to talk badly about Helen! I came to discuss your future as the next head of the company."

"Well guess what! I don't want to take over your stupid company!"

My fathers face turns even angrier.

"You will, as my daughter it is your responsibility to-"

"I'm not your daughter!"

My father goes silent.

"You don't even know me."

"I do-"

"No, if you did you would support my choices and know that I hate what you do!"

"I am not going to throw away this company for you to follow some petty-"

"I have a dick."

To Be Continued...

A/n: Hoping to get the next chapter done by the end of the weekend. I'm going back to work after this week, so updates might be slightly slower, but I will do my best to keep them from taking any longer then they already do.