Ch. 3

Enjoy and don't forget to vote! 🖤

Y/n's POV:

"And 1 an 2 and 3 an 4-Come on ladies! We got a lot to learn today!" Brian shouts.

It's been 3 days since Ariana Grande offered me a job. My first day went about as smooth as I thought it would. I ended up being late and messed up multiple tasks. However, instead of getting yelled at, Ariana encouraged me and told me I was doing great. The second day, she only had me get her a coffee and watch her dogs. And today, I'm suppose to be helping Brian with whatever he needs, while he teaches the dancers some new choreography. I'm starting to wonder if there's a different motive for her hiring me or if she really just felt bad for me.

"Y/n!"

I jump, almost dropping the weights I was holding in my hands. I look up and Brian tells me to take 5.

I nod and as soon as I leave the gym, I hear Ariana call my name.

"Hey Y/n! Come here!" She waves and I walk over.

"What's up?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me to the studio? I may need some help with Toulouse and Myron. Plus it'd be nice to have some company for a change." She says.

"Sure, I'd love too" I'm not about to give up a chance to be in a studio and who knows, maybe I'll learn something from her.

Ariana wouldn't stop talking and asking me questions about music, the whole car ride to the studio.

"No way you've won an award?" She says.

We were walking into the studio now, and I had just finished telling her about the award I won back when I was in college.

"It's not that big of a deal. I mean you've won plenty of awards over the years. Plus, mine isn't even that big."

"That doesn't mean it makes it any less special. I remember when I won my first award, I honest to god almost pissed myself, I was so nervous." She says laughing.

"Well I didn't have to go on stage for this one, it was sent to me in the mail."

"Whatever, I think it's cool, so then you should too" she says.

I didnt expect Ariana to be so open and comfortable to talk with. I thought she was going to be kind of stuck up and snotty, like most rich and famous people. But she's the complete opposite.

We finally make it inside the music room and Ariana immediately sits down on the couch.

"What are you doing? I thought we came so you could work on your music?"

"We did, well kind of. You're gonna help me." She says.

"Say what?"

"I wanna know how good you are, especially after learning that you won an award." She says with a smile.

"O-Okay" I take a seat and start fiddling with the panel.

After a few minutes I get a nice beat going and motion for Ariana to come hear. She gets up and I hand her the headphones.

"Wow, this is actually really good Y/n!"

"Stop, it's not that good" I tell her, feeling my cheeks heat up a little.

"No, really. I love it. Would you mind if I come up with some lyrics for it that have been swirling around inside my head?" She asks.

"I don't see why not."

She gives me a quick hug, then tells me how to work the panel to record, before running into the recording booth.

About half an hour later and we've made a pretty decent short melody.

"Okay let's run it just one more time!" Ariana says from inside the booth.

I nod and start the record again, and she begins singing.

We get about halfway through and I notice a tear fall down her cheek.

"S-Sorry can we start from the top?" She says.

"Yeah, you good?"

I've always been the sucker who worries when I see someone upset.

"Yeah, yeah I-a piece of my hair got in my eye is all. Just start it over." She says, while wiping her cheek.

I start the music over and she gets through the first part, but then stops.

"Ariana why'd you-"

"Turn it off"

"Okay but are you-"

"Please just turn it off!!" She says almost yelling.

I quickly stop the music and she walks out of the booth and takes a seat on the couch, putting her face in her hands.

I don't know what, but something is obviously bothering her. No ones mood just switches like that without a reason, well unless there bipolar maybe.

"Hey, um you don't have to say anything if you don't want too, but I can tell you have something that's really bugging you."

She sighs, and when she finally sits up, her mascara is smudged all over her cheeks.

"C-Can you keep a secret?"

To Be Continued...