Ch. 40

Long waited, but finally completed, here's another chapter for my followers and readers! (I both like and dislike how that rhymes.) 🖤

Ariana's POV:

"Njomza and I were talking when..." Courtney starts yet another story that I have no interest in. Don't get me wrong, I love Courtney and I enjoy hanging out with her and whatnot, it's just that my only focus is Y/n at the moment. Did she choose not to have lunch with me because I went too far and almost got us caught by Courtney? Or is it because she still doesn't believe that I'm okay with how she is physically? Or is it a combination of the two?! Not knowing the answer is killing me.

"Ariana!" Courtney yells, making me jump.

"Jesus Court don't do that, you nearly gave me a heart-attack!"

"Sorry, but you weren't answering me." She says.

"I'm sorry, I was lost in thought what was your question?"

"It's fine, but I wanted to know if you're okay?" She asks.

"What? Yeah, of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Are you sure? Because you haven't said much and you have that look in your eyes that tells me the opposite." She says.

"I..."

"I-what?" She pushes.

"I just...I didn't sleep well last night. That's all. I promise."

She gives me a questioning look, one that says she doesn't believe me at all. However, when I don't say anything else, she lets up and takes another sip of her drink.

"If you say so." She says.

Today sucks.

Y/n's POV:

"Come on Jasmine, push with your back!"

"I am! You're the one that's barely doing anything!" She yells.

I'm currently helping Jasmine rearrange her room. However, when I said I'd help, I didn't realize it was going to be so difficult, otherwise I would have said no. But of course she found a way to convince me, so here we are.

"Perfect, don't move it any further." She says.

"You better be sure this time, because that's what you said the last ten times we moved your dresser, and I'm not helping you move it again." I tell her, pointing my finger at her.

She waves me off, and I head to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I take a glass from the cabinet, then fill it with a couple of ice cubes and water. Just as I'm about to take a sip, I hear someone knock on the front door of the apartment.

I quickly make my way over, as neither of us were expecting anyone over. However, when I open the door to my not so-but kind of surprise, I'm met with Ariana.

"Hi" she says.

"Hey, come in." I tell her and she does without wasting another second.

Okay, weird.

"So, what's up?" I ask her.

She gives me a confused look.

"What's up? I texted you hours ago and you never responded." She says somewhat sassy.

"Woah, calm down. I haven't had my phone with me. Is something wrong?"

"No, I-I'm sorry for the sass, and I'm not trying to be clingy or whatever-I just-I started to get worried." She says, fiddling with her fingers.

"Worried? About what?"

"I just-why did you back out of lunch today? Was it because I took things a little too far in my office and made us almost get caught by Courtney? If so I'm sorry, I should have listened to you and stopped." She says.

"Ari it's fine. Yes, it was super stressful that we almost got caught, but we didn't, so it's a thing of the past. As for everything else that happened, I would be lying if I said that I didn't like it."

"Then why did you bail on our lunch plans?" She asks.

"I bailed because...I'm still not entirely confident in what we have going on between us."

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"I mean, what do you want to come out of whatever we have going on?"

"You know what I want, or did you already forget?" She says.

"No I didn't forget, I just wanted to make sure that-"

"I don't have any doubts about it?" She says.

"Yeah..look I'm sorry, I know you said you're okay with everything, but I couldn't help but distance myself from you without being absolutely positive. I've been in too many relationships that all ended once the other found out about me. I just don't want to put my heart on the line if you're not serious about this."

Ariana's POV:

Excuse me?!

"I am serious about this, and don't act like it's only your heart that would be on the line here, mine is equally at risk! You're not the only one that has had shitty past relations. You have no idea what I've been though."

"You're right, I don't, and I'm sorry. I'm not trying to make it a competition or anything, I just don't want either of us to get hurt." She says.

"Well you're hurting me now!"

"I'm sorry, Ari-"

"I already asked you to be my girlfriend and you said no, is that really not enough proof to show you that I want this?"

"That was before you knew everything though." She says.

"Fine, then how about this. Y/n be my girlfriend!"

To Be Continued...

A/n: Damn it's officially been one month since I updated this. I'm sorry it's taken me so long. I had both writers block (still do a little) and a heavy work schedule. I hope to at least have the next chapter done and posted in half the time. Thank you all for sticking by me and if you haven't already, follow me for more updates about books, imagines, and more.

Black lives matter 🖤