Ch. 39

I know I'm going to regret my word choice in parts of this chapter, but whatever, y'all would comment on it anyway 😂

Y/n's POV:

It's almost lunch time and Ariana has had me running around doing all sorts of assignments. I thought she was joking earlier when she said that she had a lot of stuff for me to do, but four hours and twenty assignments later and here we are. I just finished the latest job, which involved moving boxes from one side of the building to the other.

"Okay, that was the last box. Did you need me to do anything else before lunch?" I ask her, as I re-enter the room she's been in all morning for about the fiftieth time.

"I do actually. What would you like for lunch?" She asks.

"What do I want for lunch? I brought food."

She pouts at my answer.

"Can't you eat it tomorrow? I wanted to do something nice in return for everything you've done for me today." She says, adding another pout at the end of her words.

"Ari you don't need to do anything, you're my boss and I'm getting paid to do this remember?"

"Of course I remember, but last I checked I don't care." She gets up from her seat and makes her way over to where I'm standing.

"Ari-"

"How about I give you something different?" She brings her arms behind my neck and slowly leans up.

Is she really doing this right now?

"S-Someone could see."

"No ones around. There all at lunch." She says, her breath now fanning my face.

"I-"

"Just one?"

I listen for anyone walking down the halls, and when I hear nothing I let out a small sigh of relief.

"Okay."

She smiles, then quickly closes the distance between us.

What was supposed to be one, turned into two, then three, then four, and so on. Each kiss better then the last. She pulls on my neck, making us move back, until we run into her desk.

"Fuck" She hisses, and I quickly pull away.

"Shit are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just forgot is all." She says and I nod.

"We should probably stop now anyway."

"Probably. But I don't want too." She grabs my face and pulls me into another kiss, this time with more passion.

She kisses me once more, before jumping onto her desk and pulling me closer, deepening our next kiss. I slowly feel myself starting to lose track of my surroundings. Part of it is from the fact that I still can't believe she's with me, and the other is from how intoxicating I find her lips to be. My brain says stop, but my body says no.

"We should sto-"

"Ariana didn't you get my message! It's lunch time!" Someone shouts.

I quickly pull away and Ariana hops off her desk just as Courtney walks in.

"There you are, what the hell have you been doing?" Courtney asks.

"Working obviously, what else would I be doing?" Ariana replies.

"I don't know, making out with Y/n maybe?" She says.

My whole face heats up and I see Ariana's do the same.

"I was not!" She shouts.

"Wow, chill, I was only joking, right Y/n?." Courtney says.

"Y-Yeah." If only she knew.

"See?" Courtney says.

"Yeah, fine, whatever. Now what did you want anyway?" Ariana asks.

"I was wondering if you wanted to get lunch with me? I texted you earlier, but you never replied." Courtney says.

"Well I kind of already promised to get lunch with Y/n."

"Oh okay, no problem, I'll just ask the twins then." Courtney says.

"Actually why don't you guys go together? I'm not really hungry, and I have other food I can eat if I change my mind." I say, and I see Ariana frown a little.

"Are you sure?" Courtney asks.

"Yeah, we can go tomorrow or something right Ari?"

"Yeah, no problem." She says, disappointment evident in her voice.

"Okay cool, then I'll see you guys later."

I feel bad for leaving, but I need some time to think. We were only mere seconds away from getting caught by Courtney. If I stayed, then we most likely would have ended up making out again, and what if someone else came around and caught us? I don't want to risk getting Ariana in trouble or anything, although I'm pretty sure everyone would be fine with it, it's not how I want others to find out about us. Plus, I'm not even sure that I'm ready for other people to know. We haven't even really figured out what we are to each other. Yes, Ariana has asked me to be her girlfriend, but at the time I said no, and we didn't exactly say if we are officially dating after everything that happened last night. Now that the cat is outta the bag, we need to talk about what we are and what we want, before things get out of hand.

To Be Continued...

A/n: Thanks to everyone for being so patient. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.