Ch. 37

Enjoy and don't forget to vote if you're liking the story and want more!

Ariana's POV:

It didn't take long for the door to Y/n and Jasmines apartment to open, after I knocked.

"Hey, come in." Jasmine says.

After I'm inside and she closes the door, she turns back to me.

"Thank you for coming so late" She says.

"Don't worry about it. I don't tend to sleep well anyway."

She nods, then heads over to the living room and watches as I remove my coat and shoes.

"Either way, I still appreciate you coming over. I know stuff between you and Y/n is a little complicated at the moment. However, I have a feeling that you're the only one she'll listen too." She says.

I quickly nod. The thought of being the most important person to Y/n makes my face flush red.

"Where's her room again?" I ask.

"Down the hall, on your right." She says.

Once again I nod.

"I'm going to bed now. If for any reason you need me, my room's down the other hall and on the left." She says, before leaving to her own room.

I make my way over to Y/n's room and take a deep breath before finally knocking on the door.

"Y/n, it's Ariana."

Y/n's POV:

Gross, the freak's here.

How many times do I have to tell you? I'm not your friend!

I can't date you, I'm not gay.

Why are you in the women's bathroom when you're obviously a man?

You're just like your mother.

These thoughts, these memories, they won't stop. I can't stop them. I don't know how long it's been since I got home. The sun has set and I can no longer hear the faint sound of Jasmine knocking on my door. I curl myself into an even tighter ball on my bed and stare into the night sky through my window.

You disgust me.

Someone, please, help me.

Some time later, between everything surrounding my mind. I hear a faint knock at my door and then a voice I didn't think I would hear again so soon.

"Y/n? It's Ariana."

It takes everything in me to shut out the voices and listen to her words.

"I...I know you might not want to see me right now-"

Wrong.

"-However, Jasmine called me and when she told me how you wouldn't come out of your room or speak to her, I got worried. So I came over to see how you are."

Ari...

"Will you please open up and talk to me?" She says.

Ariana's POV:

I hear nothing but silence and it makes me even more worried.

"Y/n, please."

I wait for a response and was about to say something else when I hear the door unlock. I wait a few moments before turning the handle and opening it.

Her room's pitch black, with the exception of the moonlight shining in through her window and onto her bed, where she sits.

"Y/n."

I notice her body twitch from the sound of my voice.

"Are you okay?"

"N-No." she replies, barely above a whisper.

I swear if my hearing wasn't so good because of how blind I am, I would have never heard her.

"What's wrong?"

I slowly make my way over and sit beside her. I quickly notice how red and puffy her eyes are and how lifeless she looks. The sight itself causes my heart to ache. I reach my hand out and gently place it on hers. She whips her head in my direction and we stare at each other for a few moments, before tears begin falling down her face.

"I-I I'm so sorry." She says and falls into me.

"Shhhh don't cry, why are you sorry?" I ask her, while rubbing her back.

"Because I-I told you no." She says.

"Don't be sorry, I should have waited a little longer before asking. I knew it was too early, but I still took the risk."

"It's not though." She says.

"What?"

"It wasn't too early." She repeats.

"Y/n-"

"I was afraid to tell you the truth."

"The truth?"

"Who I am. Who I really am..." She says.

What is she talking about?

"I couldn't gather up the courage to tell you because I didn't want to risk losing what we have. I like you a lot Ariana. You're the first girl I've ever felt this way about." She says.

"I know exactly how you feel, but Y/n you're not making any sense. Nothing you say will make me think of you any differently."

"That's what they all said, but they never stuck around."

What could be so bad about the person before me that others would push her away?

"I promise I won't think differently of you, just tell me what has you so upset?"

She remains quiet, still sobbing slightly, her facial expression telling me that she's fighting with herself.

"You promise?" She says.

"I promise."

We stare into each others eyes and she finally nods okay.

"I-I'm not like other girls." She says.

"What do you mean?"

"Physically."

"I don't understand? You look normal to me." I tell her.

"I-I was born female, but with...male genitalia." She says, avoiding eye contact with me.

"So, what you're saying is, you have a dick?"

She nods.

To Be Continued...

A/n: So sorry this took so long. I know some will be mad about where I left it, however I just couldn't get any farther, but I didn't want to keep you all waiting any longer. Also, I'm sorry if this was a little too dramatic and theatrical for some.