Ch. 15

Enjoy loves! Thanks for all the comments and votes! They make me feel good about my writing and inspire me to keep going! 🖤

Y/n's POV:

The weekend flew by faster than I had wanted it too. I spent the majority of it in bed watching comfort shows and eating my favorite foods. It's what I've grown accustom to doing whenever I get my heart broken or am feeling really depressed. At first, I hated it, because I worried about how much weight I'd gain. However, I slowly grew okay with it, because it was doing minimal damage to my body, compared to what I could have turned too.

I either got no sleep or was only sleeping between the rest of Friday and Sunday. I've been conflicted, because I know Ariana is straight, and since I've chosen to be a girl she'd never want to date me, however, what she doesn't know is that I have genitalia. So would she date me if she knew? Or would she still reject me, because I identify as female? What am I kidding, she wouldn't date me even if she knew, because as she said so herself: she doesn't feel that way about me.

I've mainly been trying to psych myself up for today, but I think I've just made everything in my head more confusing and painful. What I really need is something to help distract me from Ariana. I like working with her and everyone else, but I won't be able to continue if I can't find a way to get rid of my feelings. Or at least keep them in check.

-

Ariana's POV:

I really wish that Y/n would confine in me about whatever is bothering her. I tried calling and texting her multiple times throughout the weekend, but she only ever replied to me once. Saying that she was busy and didn't have time to chat. It hurts me that she won't let me help her, but if she's not willing to let me in then there's nothing I can do about it. I just hope she's doing better today. I feel like our friendship is still kind of weird because of everything that happened on Friday with Pete. She told me it was fine and that she was happy to help me out, but I can't help but feel like we're not fine.

-

Y/n's POV:

"Morning Y/n, feeling any better today?"

I look up from the ground to see Brian, looking way better than he did on Friday, and I groan in response.

"I'll take that as a no then?" He says.

I shake my head up and down, before taking a seat on the floor, against the wall of the dance room.

"You know, you didn't have to come in today if you were still feeling under the weather." He tells me.

"I know, but this months rent is due in a few days and I wouldn't of had enough for it and groceries. So, here I am." I tell him.

"Why don't you get a roommate or something? That way you don't have to pay so much every month." He suggests.

"I used to have one, and well I still kinda do, however, she's across seas for another month or so. She went home to visit her family, who she hasn't seen for a couple years now. We agreed that I'd pay the majority of the rent while she was gone, and that she'd pay up to $400 every month." I tell him.

"What's her name?" He asks.

"Jasmine"

We actually met while applying for the same job position about a year ago. The company I quit from was in need of two assistants, who would have the opportunity to work there way up the ladder. Jasmine got lucky, and was assigned to the nicer manager, so she was able to work her way up and out of that place within a matter of months, while I stayed at the bottom. Of course, if I hadn't stayed there then I most likely would have never met Ariana or be working for her now.

"Nice name, anyway I've been meaning to ask, how was going to court with Ariana last week?"

"It went fine." I say a little quicker than I meant too.

He nods.

"Why do you ask? Did you uh hear something different?" I don't really want to talk about last week, but I'm curious to know if Ariana has said otherwise.

"No, no, not at all. I just-Ariana said you left work early because you weren't feeling well. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't because of anything Pete might have said to you." He says.

More like what Ariana did and said, I could care less about Pete's sorry ass.

"No, he didn't have anything to do with it. I just didn't get a lot of sleep the night before and uh yeah..."

"Oh...well that's good. I mean Ariana told me how she kissed you, and she was worried that-"

"Wait she told you about that?!"

Brian looks over at me with a confused face, and I instantly realize how I sounded.

"Yeahhh, it wasn't a secret or anything. Plus, after you left she felt terrible about dragging you along to court and was worried that she messed up your guys friendship. So, she came to me and some other people asking for advice, on how to fix everything." He tells me.

I didn't think she'd tell everyone, but as Brian said it's not a secret. However, it still makes me anxious.

"Did you guys not fix things?" He asks.

"Well, I uh felt pretty crappy all weekend, so I stayed in bed for the majority of it, and I left my phone in the kitchen, so it wouldn't wake me up. So, no not really...however I already told her that we're good. So, I don't get why she's still worrying about it." I tell him.

"She cares about her friends and family a lot, she probably just needs you to reassure her that you guys are good." He says.

I nod, then feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I pull it out and my heart instantly sinks when I read who the notification is from.

New text from: Ariana

To Be Continued...

A/n:

You guys will like the next chapter 😉