Ch. 10

Enjoy loves! 🖤

Y/n's POV:

As soon as I got out of work, I headed straight home. I haven't done any laundry for almost two weeks now, so finding a casual but not too fancy outfit was gonna be challenging. I'm not worried about what Ariana will think, it's more of what the public will think if and when they see us hanging out.

It took me almost the full hour just to find an outfit, which I ended up choosing a somewhat fancy top and jeans. I know not very creative, but again, haven't done laundry in a hot minute.

I ended up being almost a half hour late to pick up Ariana, between my slow ass getting ready and traffic. When I finally reached her place and parked, I noticed that I had multiple texts from her.

Ariana: Hey, can't wait to hang in a bit! You're gonna love the place I chose, well hopefully. Anyway, just let me know when you're outside!   - 5:28pm

Ariana: I called ahead and made reservations, let me know when you're on your way!   - 6:09pm

Ariana: Please tell me you're okay? I haven't heard anything from you! Please don't read these while driving!!   - 6:26pm

You: Don't worry, I'm fine. Sorry, I took longer than expected, traffic was crazy, but I'm here!   - 6:48pm

After responding to her, I decided to turn off my car, because I have no idea how long it might take her to reply. However, within the time that it took me to do that, the bubble with the three little dots, indicating that she was replying appeared.

Ariana: Okay, I'll be right down! Good to know you're alright, would be hard finding another assistant that's able to surpass your abilities 😉😂

You: Wowwwwwww, okay, I see how it is 😒

Ariana: I'm only kidding! 😜

A few minutes later and she appeared from her apartment looking giddier than normal and wearing her signature outfit, a over-sized sweater, knee-high boots, and her hair up high.

I watched as she made her way to the car, smiling like an idiot. What is she so happy about anyway?

"About time you showed up" she said while getting into the car.

"Hey, it wasn't my fault okay...Well, actually half of it is, but that's not the point."

"Mhmm, well your lucky that I rented out the Resturant for the whole night." She says, while pulling up instructions for our drive there.

"The fuck? You rented out a whole Resturant?"

She nods, keeping her focus on her phone.

"Why the hell did you do that?"

"So no one bothers us..duh, or did you forget that I'm a famous artist?" She says, finally turning to face me.

"No, I didn't forget, I just-isn't that a little much for an apology drink?"

"Well yes, but before I made the reservation I got some really good news. One of my albums just hit double platinum, so I want to celebrate. I invited some people from work and my cousin Courtney. I would have had more people come, but you get what you get when you plan a celebration last second." She says.

"Oh, well shit, that's huge, congrats."

"Thanks. Anyway, I hope you're ready to party because I'm feeling like letting loose for a change." She says.

Oh god.

- Later at the Party -

"Courtney!?" Ariana shouts, making you turn around just in time to see Ariana fall on her ass, laughing hysterically.

"What? I just wanted a kiss!" Courtney says.

"You're always trying to surprise kiss me!" Ariana says.

"Your point?" Courtney asks, taking another sip of her drink.

"Fine, fine, come here" Ariana says, while getting up.

"Nope, you lost your chance." Courtney says, then spins around and leaves.

"Ohhh you just got denied Grande" Scott says.

"Oh shut up!" Ariana shouts and flips both of them off.

"Well this isn't what I was expecting to happen" You say out loud, without thinking.

"What did you expect then?" Someone asks, making you jump.

I turn to my right and see Brian, who is clearly not sober but also not super drunk.

"Oh hey, you scared me, and I don't know really, just not this I guess." I tell him.

"Ari doesn't drink often, but when she does, you better have all hands on deck." He says.

"If I had known this night would have turned into me watching everyone get drunk and taking care of Ariana, then I would've just stayed home." I tell him somewhat joking.

I don't like drinking around lots of people, especially my co-workers. I tend to get flirty and I never know how my other part will act. So, I tend to only drink when I'm with close friends or family.

"Well, all I can say is that you really are a great assistant and friend to Ari and I'm glad she hired you." He says.

"Thanks, I try." I tell him.

He gives you a high-five then heads off to some other part of the Resturant. So you turn your focus back to Ariana, who is now making her way over to the bar, where you're standing.

After she plops herself down on a bar stool, she turns to you and says "They always want what they can't have" in a weird but funny voice.

Yeah I do, you think to yourself...Wait what-

"Hey, can I get another drink please!" Ariana shouts, interrupting my thoughts.

"Are you sure you should drink more?" I ask her.

She looks at me and sticks her tongue out, making a fart noise.

"You're no fun. I want fun Y/n back." She says.

"Yeah, well she left about an hour ago after you started doing shots with Courtney."

"Ughhhhh" she groans.

"Your drink ma'am" the bartender says, while sliding Ariana another cocktail.

"Yassss!" She shouts, then takes the drink and leaves.

Well, this is just great...

To Be Continued...

A/n:

Did y'all see what I did back there? Comment if you got it. 😉