Ch. 17

As promised! Enjoy! May the tea be poured! 😉😂🖤

Y/n's POV:

"Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in." Brian says, as I walk into the dance studio.

"Can we just have one hour without any sarcasm, please. I'm really not in the mood."

"Awe seems like someone is grouchy, did you stay up too late?" He asks, in a childish tone.

"Fuck off." I flip him off with both of my middle fingers, then slide my body to the ground against the wall of the room.

"Woah, okay message received, no sarcasm. Jeez, what's got your panties in a twist?" He says.

Ariana Grande.

"Nothing. Just having a bad morning."

I think back to what happened yesterday when I kissed Ariana.

FLASHBACK

I leaned in before she could say anything else, and just hoped for the best. Her lips tasted faintly of strawberries again, but also mixed with wine. She didn't kiss me back, which was fine, I wasn't expecting her too anyway. When I finally pulled back, her eyes were closed and the furrow in her brow told me she was confused, but I couldn't tell if she felt anything else.

"I-I'm sorry. I think I should uh head home."

"Y/n-"

"Bye."

I didn't wait to see her reaction, I didn't want to hear what she had to say about it, I just wanted to leave. So I did.

I cried in my car for almost half an hour, once I was home. I thought she would text me, but I never got anything, which only made me feel worse. I shouldn't of kissed her, now I've really fucked up our friendship.

I didn't fall asleep until almost 4am, as I contemplated quitting my job. In the end, I chose to stick it out. At least until I can find another that pays enough.

END OF FLASHBACK

-

Somehow I managed to avoid running into Ariana all day, which is good, because I dead ass wouldn't of known what to do. I decided to continue working for her, but I haven't thought of how I'm going to continue working "with" her or even around her.

"Well I think that's about everything, thanks for your help Y/n." Brian says, as he locks up the equipment room.

"No problem. Also, do you know if Ariana went home already?" I ask him.

"I saw her car leave while I was outside cleaning some of the equipment, so yeah I believe so." He says.

"Okay, thank you. I'll see you tomorrow then."

Once we finished saying goodbye and Brian left, I took a seat against the wall of the gym again. I trust that Brian was telling me the truth, but I don't want to risk running into her, so my plan is to hide out here for a little bit and then leave.

I play on my phone to pass the time and before I know it, almost half an hour has gone bye. I pack up the rest of my stuff then head out. I'm almost to the exit when I collide with someone.

"Y/n?"

Fuck.

I look up and see the one and only Ariana Grande.

"Uh hey. I thought you left already?"

"I did, but I forgot something so I came back." She says.

"Oh."

"Can we talk?" She asks.

"I would love to but I really have to get home so-"

"Y/n, please? I'm being serious." She says.

I already know what's coming my way, I just thought I'd be able to avoid it for at least another day or two.

"Okay."

-

We end up back in the gym; the whole walk was silent and I still can't figure out if it was a good or a bad thing. Once we're both inside, I watch as Ariana closes the gym doors, giving us privacy to speak, so that none of our remaining co-workers can hear. I decide to try and speak first, in hopes that it will lessen what she has to say.

"Look, Ariana, about last night...I uh I sank into a dark place, and let my emotions get the better of me. You were just there and being so caring that in the moment I acted without much thought. I know you're straight and everything, which is cool, I respect that, I mean I am too (Or at least I think I am?). I shouldn't of done what I did and I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable in anyway. But don't worry, I'm planning on leaving here as soon as I find another job that can get me bye. So you don't need to worry about it happening again, or constantly be concerned about my wellbeing..." I'm ready to say anything and everything, even if it means telling her the truth, which of course would be my last resort.

"Y/n slow down, slow down. You don't need to find another job, we're fine." She says.

"W-What?"

"Yeah, you kissing me last night was a little unexpected, but I didn't hate it or find it weird. We all have our ups and downs, and damn have I done some stupid shit in the past because of them, but in the end you can't change what's already happened." She says.

Okayyyy, I'm major confused.

"So, you don't hate me?"

"God no..Y/n why would you think that?" She asks.

"I don't know...because you're a celebrity, because you have a reputation to uphold, because I kissed you without your permission..."

We stand there in silence for a moment, making me even more anxious, as I feel her staring at me.

"Can I ask you something else?" She says.

I nod.

"D-Did you really kiss me because you were in a bad place or...."

"I'm not sure." I tell her and that's the truth.

"Oh" she looks down and plays with her hands.

"Would you mind if I kissed you right now?" She asks.

"W-What?" I'm confused.

"N-Never mind, just forget it." She says, her face turning a light red.

"No-I just-why?" I don't understand, she herself has said she's not into me, yet now she's asking if she can kiss me?

"I-I don't know, I just-I'm curious I guess." She says.

I didn't know what would lie ahead, but in the moment I just wanted it to happen so bad that I didn't care.

"Sure"

"What?" She says.

"You can uh kiss me."

"Wait, really?" She asks.

I nod.

I watch her gulp, before slowly moving closer. She cups my cheeks gently, pulling me down slightly to her level, before finally connecting our lips in a gentle kiss.

To Be Continued...

A/n:

I just realized that I leave you guys with a similar cliffhanger as the last chapter.
Oops? 😂

Thank you for 1,000 votes! I appreciate and love everyone that has helped to make this possible!!! ❤️❤️❤️