Ch. 14

Enjoy! Thanks for voting and all of your comments! I love them! 🖤

Y/n's POV:

"She's my girlfriend." Ariana says, with a serious look in her eye.

I think my heart just dropped to my ass. Did I really just hear her correctly?

"Ari-"

"Phhhtttt! You have got to be kidding me?" Pete says laughing.

Why the hell does everyone keep interrupting me today?! That's like the fifth time!!!

"Well I'm not." She says, and I feel Ariana grab my hand, intertwining our fingers.

"You really expect me to believe you? After all those times you said no to having a threesome, saying: I'm straight or I don't like pussy....she's my girlfriend-ha! Don't make me laugh. You and I both know that you're straighter than a ruler, so you can stop this petty act." Pete says, then pulls his phone out of his pocket, because it dinged.

I feel Ariana's hold on my hand tighten, so I decide to try and calm her down.

"Hey Ari don't let him-"

But, before I can finish what I'm trying to say, a pair of soft lips cover my own. It takes me a second to realize that their Ariana's, but, as soon as I do, their gone.

I open my eyes, shocked by what just happened, until I see Ariana wink, and an uncomfortable Pete cough.

"Come on baby, I won't let this asshole talk shit about us anymore. Let's just find who I'm looking for and get out of here." She says, then pulls me with her away from Pete.

What. The. Fuck. Just. Happened.

Ariana's POV:

Pretending to have Y/n act as my girlfriend was not part of my plan. But thankfully, it seemed to have worked once I gave Y/n a quick kiss on the lips. I didn't think Pete could look any paler than he already does, but I swear his face was almost white. I just hope that Y/n didn't mind me doing it. I'll have to ask her about it once I get this stupid restraining order done.

After coming up with an excuse to leave a shocked and frozen Pete, I continued to pull Y/n with me, until I found Pete's lawyer. We were quickly able to decide on a fair agreement, being that Pete would no longer be allowed to talk to me or show up at my house or place of work without my permission. It wasn't exactly what I was hoping to get out of this, but it's better than nothing. I told Pete's lawyer that mine would be in touch with him in the next couple of days to finalize everything. He nodded and we said our goodbyes, but not before I took Y/n's hand in mine again and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. Honestly, it wasn't needed, I just really enjoyed the look on Pete's face when I did it.

I called our ride, and he told me that he'll be here in a few minutes. I thought that maybe now would be a good time to ask Y/n how she was doing. I feel bad, because I know she didn't really want to come with me to this in the beginning, and ever since we got here, she's only said like ten words. She's been like a zombie. Even now, she'll walk with me and respond but I can see it in her eyes that's she not really with me.

Y/n's POV:

My brain has been non-stop spinning since Ariana kissed me. I don't even really know what happened with Pete's lawyer, it was like my body was present but my mind was not. I know she only kissed me to make Pete believe that I'm her girlfriend, but still...she kissed me. Her lips were soft and gentle, which was different, but I didn't hate it, I actually kind of liked it. She also tasted faintly of strawberries, which is weird since I didn't see her put any lip gloss or whatnot on.

I've always considered myself to be straight. The idea of me possibly liking another gender never crossed my mind. But, for whatever reason, I just can't stop thinking about Ariana.

"Y/nnn? Hey, anyone alive in there?" I hear someone say, and the sound of fingers snapping in my face.

I shake my head, then look to my right and see Ariana with a concerned face.

"Jesus what is up with you today?" She says.

I shrug, mostly because I'm still trying to come back to reality.

"Are you getting sick or something? You've been acting like a zombie all day and it's starting to worry me." She says.

"No, I'm fine." I quickly reply. I mean it's not like she can know about what really has been bothering me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I just didn't get enough sleep last night." I tell her.

She studies my face for a moment, making me nervous.

"Well okay, if you say so." She says.

I do my best to not act weird or awkward until our driver arrives, but it's hard considering my new found feelings for the girl next to me.

-

After what seemed like a really long car ride, Ariana and I made it back to work. Finally, maybe now I can get some distance between us for a little while.

"Hey Y/n, can I talk to you for a minute?" Ariana says, as soon as we get inside.

Oh come on!

"Uh yeah sure"

She pulls me into an empty room and closes the door, making my heart almost burst out of my chest.

"Listen, I just wanted to make sure that you're okay. Like for real. You've been spacing out all day and I feel like it's my fault-"

She's not completely wrong about that.

"-I just, are we okay? Like, I didn't mean to make things weird between us or anything by kissing you, if I did. I only did it to get at Pete, not because I have romantic feelings for you or anything. I would have warned you, but I didn't plan on doing it." She says.

She continued on, but I stopped listening after she told me why. I know I shouldn't feel sad or hurt, but I do. she's straight and I'm, well...me.

"Y/n? Y/nnn! Are you even listening to me?" She asks.

"Yeah, no we're good, don't worry about it. I'm glad I was able to help you today. Listen, I think I'm gonna head home early if that's okay with you? I think my lack of sleep is really taking a toll on me. I'll-uh I'll see you Monday." I tell her, then leave before she can say another word.

To Be Continued...