Ch. 22

Enjoy! Thank you for voting and getting this book to 20k reads! 🖤

Y/n's POV:

I ended up having to ask the others if they saw where Ariana went. Like, who knew that girl could move so fast? They told me that she came and grabbed her stuff and then left without a word. I thanked them, then made my way to the parking lot.

Thankfully, I spotted Ariana before it was too late. I quickly started my car and carefully followed her. She ended up driving back to her place. So I waited a couple minutes before finally pulling into her driveway and parking. I'd much rather talk with her inside then outside, where paparazzi could appear at any time.

I took a few deep breaths before finally getting out of my car and using the spare key she gave me to get inside.

Ariana's POV:

I have really got to stop falling for people so fast. It's why I end up getting hurt so often. Of course, it's not Y/n's fault. She didn't know about my feelings for her yet, so the only person I have to blame is myself. This is exactly what happened with Mikey...

"Ughhh!" I shout frustratedly.

*SMASH*

I didn't even realize I had my phone in my hand, but now it's on the floor, with the screen completely shattered and flickering on and off.

Great, just great.

Y/n's POV:

The house was silent, except for the faint sound of sniffling coming from the living room. I quietly and slowly made my way over and found Ariana laying on one of the couches crying. It hurt to see her like this. Ever since I met her, she's always been strong, confidant, and funny, well except for a few times, but never like this.

"Ariana" I finally say.

She jolts upright, unaware of my presence. Her eyes were already starting to get red and her makeup was slightly smudged.

"Y-Y/n" she says in a shaky tone, trying her best to recompose herself.

"Why are you crying?"

She looks down at the floor and her eyes start to water again.

"You...You wouldn't understand." She says.

I walk around to the front of the couch and take a seat next to her. I take her hands in mine, and she jumps a little when I do.

"Well, then help me too."

Where the fuck has all this confidence been over the past couple weeks?!

"I'm just gonna say it then okay?" She asks and I nod.

"I-I like you..." She says, her face flushing red.

My heart definitely just dropped to my ass again.

"Oh."

Her face drops from my reaction and I mentally slap myself.

"Ariana I didn't realize you felt this way, I'm sorry, I-"

"Don't, please." she says.

What?

"I heard what that girl said to you. You like her back too, don't you? Well, I'm glad...I wanna be alone for now, so I'd appreciate it if you left." She says, taking her hands out of mine.

I don't know where I got the strength, but I took ahold of her hands again and she looked at me with furrowed brows.

"But I like you too."

"Yeah, as a friend, I kno-"

"More than a friend." I tell her.

Her eyes widen in shock.

Now or never Y/n...

I take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Ariana, the real reason I've been avoiding you is because ever since that night we celebrated your album hitting double platinum, I realized that I had feelings for you. And it scared me, so I became distant. I never thought about my sexuality, because I've always been into guys. But after that night, after hours of trying to come up with a reason for it all, the only one that made sense was that I was falling for you. I haven't had the best of luck when it comes to relationships and most have never lasted more than a couple months. I didn't think you liked me back and I didn't want to ruin our friendship, so I continued being distant; ignoring texts or calls, bailing on plans, even getting drunk. But in the end, all I did was hurt the both of us...I know it maybe too late to apologize, but I truly am sorry. I only wanted to-"

I'm stopped by Ariana grabbing my face and kissing me. It was kind of rough, but filled with passion. I didn't hesitate, I kissed her back with just as much energy and it felt like literal fireworks were going off in my stomach. When we finally pulled away, she was smiling.

"I forgive you." She says.

I smile gently back.

"So, you really do like me?" I ask her.

She rolls her eyes at me.

"Would I have kissed you if I didn't?" She says.

"I mean, possibly, there was that day with Pet-"

"Oh shush. I really like you okay?" She says.

"Okay." I tell her, wiping away some of her leftover tears.

"So...What now?" She asks.

"Mmmm wanna watch a movie or something?" I ask, and she smiles again.

"Yeah, I'd like that." She says.

To Be Continued...

A/n:

AT LAST, MAY THE BOAT SET SAIL!!!
😍❤️😍❤️😍

Or does it??? 🤔🤔🤔

What's gonna happen next?!

Gonna have to wait and see 😉

Also, I'm sorry if this is really mushy or dramatic, but I did my best.