Ch. 16

Enjoyyyy! I'm gonna try and keep it to where I can update this story every couple of days. I like to have a couple chapters done ahead of time, in case I have a really busy week and don't get time to write! 🖤

Y/n's POV:

New text from: Ariana

I was hesitant about opening it, because I was positive that it would be her asking if I was okay or if we're good. However, it wasn't about that at all.

Ariana: Can we watch sponge bob tonight instead of tomorrow? Scooter wants me to stay late tomorrow. Unless, you're still busy, then don't worry about it.

Has she just given up on asking or has she finally just accepted that we're good, even though we're not really. I don't think it'd be a good idea to hang out with her alone, but I miss her dogs and I don't get the Nickelodeon channel at my apartment. Plus, it has been a couple days since I've last spoken to her, I should be fine...right?

You: Sure.

-

Ariana's POV:

I was shocked when I got an almost instant reply from Y/n earlier today. I didn't think she'd even reply to me, considering she didn't all weekend. I know she said that we're good, but I can't help but feel like we're not. That's why I'm hoping that we can work everything out tonight. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable around me or vice-versa. We've grown really close as friends and I would hate for that to end. It's hard for me to find genuine friends, so when I do, I hold onto them for dear life.

I just got home, so Y/n should be over soon. I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see her. I don't know what it is, but I just feel at peace with her around and she always knows how to make me laugh.

Ding!

I pull my phone out of my pocket and see a text notification.

Y/n 🙈: Just leaving work, will be over soon.

My stomach filled with happiness as I read her message. A small part of me was worried that she was going to bail on me, but I guess I was just overthinking it.

Ariana: Okay! I'm feeling pizza tonight! Hope you don't mind, I'll order your fav! 🤤🍕

-

Y/n's POV:

Terrified.

That's how I feel right now. I'm on my way to Ariana's and all I can think about is how much I want her to kiss me again. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

"Snap out of it Y/n! You're stronger than this. Don't let some silly crush or whatever ruin your friendship with Ariana!" I shake my head and slap my cheeks a couple times, shaking away my anxiety, before turning into Ariana's driveway. I never realized how long it was until now, and now it feels like miles.

When I finally reach her house, I park my car and turn the engine off, then release a breath of air I didn't know I was holding.

Okay, we can do this. I'm just infatuated with her. I mean she's famous, good looking, can sing like an angel, and is awesome to hangout with. I'm sure a lot of her friends have felt this way about her at one point...yeah, totally.

- 3 Hours Later -

Tonight is going easier than I thought it would. I've been able to keep my cool the whole time, so much actually that it feels almost normal again. We talked until the pizza arrived and Ariana decided to have some wine with it. She asked me if I wanted any, but I told her no. Since we started watching tv, she's had a little over half of the bottle.

"I love this" Ariana says.

"What?"

"This" she says, pointing between us.

"Oh, yeah" I tell her, but keep my focus on the show.

I see her move closer to me in the corner of my eye, and it makes me worry.

"Y/n?"

I finally turn to look at her and mentally scream at how close she is to me.

"I know you've told me multiple times but...are we good? Like for real, real, because I don't feel like we are. Is something bothering you? Because I feel like you've been avoiding me since the celebration party, and if you don't want to hangout with me anymore, you can just say so." She says, while looking deeply into my eyes.

"What? No, I don't want to stop hanging out with you!"

"You don't?" She asks.

"No I don't. Ari, look, we're fine, I promise. I've just had a lot on my mind these past couple days and haven't been able to get much sleep. It has nothing to do with you, I swear." That's a fat lie.

"I don't believe you." She says.

"W-What?"

"I know you're hiding something and I wanna know what it is Y/n. No more lies." She says.

I can't keep looking at her or I'm going to break. My anxiety is through the roof at this point. How can she tell that I'm lying? My poker face is normally spot on.

"Y/n" she pulls my head back to her and I can see the hurt in her eyes.

"Please, I just want to help."

"Ari I-" I look at her lips then back to her eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" She asks.

"For this."

Before she can say anything else, I lean forward and kiss her.

To Be Continued...

A/n:

Okay, so yeah, may have forgotten about this cliffhanger. 😅
But hey, I updated...