Ch. 19

For anyone that's confused: Jasmine is Y/n's Apartment mate, I talked briefly about her back in chapter 15...
Anyway, Enjoy! 🖤

Y/n's POV:

I watched as Jasmine finished sweeping up bits and pieces of her broken lamp. She has a serious tan, her hair got longer, and she looks like shes been working out more often. At the moment, she's sporting some black leggings and a half up-half down maroon shirt.

After my loud entrance into our apartment, Jasmine explained how her family, mainly her little cousins, were getting on her nerves, and that she was starting to run out of money; that being the reason for her early return.

"Anyway enough about me, how have you been? How's the office? I haven't seen you in what, almost a year?!" She says, taking a seat at the table across from me.

"Actually, I uh quit."

Her eyes go wide with shock.

"When?" She asks.

"About a month ago."

"Well it's about time you left that shit hole." She says.

"I know, it was long over due."

"So what made you finally quit?" She asks.

"Henry."

"Wait, Henry? As in micro-dick Henry?" She asks.

I nod.

"I thought he would have been fired ages ago. Knowing him, he probably tried to get with every girl he could talk too?"

"Yup. Of course, no one ever did. Well except for Slutty Sally, I did catch them doing stuff in the bathroom before, but that was nothing new." I tell her.

"Ew, no details." She says, while pretending she was gonna be sick, making us both laugh.

"So how are you affording rent without a job?" She asks.

"Oh, funny thing. I actually got offered a job as soon as I quit."

Jasmines eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"The pay is decent, the work has been easy and I'm actually getting to do something with my music skills." I tell her.

"Sounds just like what your previous job was offering, except it must be true if you're still there. What is it?" She asks.

"You're not gonna believe me."

"Try me." She says,

"I'm working as an assistant for a pop artist."

"Really? That's so cool! Who?" She asks.

"Ariana Grande."

Her jaw almost drops to the table.

"NO WAY!" She smacks her hands down on the table, making me jump in my seat.

"Yeah, she was in Henry's office when I lost it, and she somehow found me outside later and offered me a job. It turned out that she had heard everything that Henry and I said, and really respected me for standing up for myself and for saving her from him."

"If I didn't know you so well, I would think you're lying. Just-damn girl that's fucking dope. What's she like?" She asks.

"She's actually really fun to hangout with and we're already really close friends-or well we were..." My mind started wondering back to what happened between us, just hours ago.

"What do you mean "were" close friends? What happened? Did she find out about you're you know-" she points to her crotch, meaning my dick.

"What? No, god no! No one there knows about that." I tell her.

"Then why the past tense friendship?" She asks.

"If I tell you, you can't get mad or think it's funny, okay?"

"Yeah, sure." She says, anxious for me to spill the beans.

"I-uh I think I maybe developing feeling for her..."

Jasmine didn't say anything for a moment, which caused me to start panicking on the inside.

"Wow." She says.

I nod and look down at my hands, embarrassed and worried of what she was thinking.

"Why do you think that?" She asks.

"Well, she's always popping back into my thoughts and I get nervous when I'm around her, especially when we're alone...She's also kissed me, but not in a romantic way, she just wanted to make her ex, Pete, feel uncomfortable..."

"Interesting." She says.

I've never been able to figure out what Jasmine is thinking. It's like I'm Superman and she's surrounded by kryptonite.

"Have you told her?" She asks.

"I may have avoided her for awhile, which made her worry about me, and then I kind of kissed her the other day, which made our friendship even more awkward."

"Did she kiss you back?" She asks.

"No."

"Well have you tried talking with her about it since then? I'm guessing you left her without an explanation." She says.

"Yes, and kind-of."

"What do you mean kind-of?" She says.

"We talked a little after work today."

"Well that's good." She says.

"Except we ended up kissing again and then I told her that it was probably for the best if we stopped. I didn't want that, but before we kissed she said that is was because she was curious and I didn't want to get my hopes up, just to have them crushed...You know what I've been through Jasmine, why I decided to stop dating. I don't want to get rejected again, especially by someone like her."

Jasmine sighs, then pinches the bridge of her nose with her fingers.

"What should I do?"

"Honestly? As cheesy as it's going to sound, I say: follow your heart. If you guys are close and she's as nice as you say she is, then I don't think Ariana would just reject you. She might not like you in the same way, but I don't think she'd stop being you're friend Y/n."

"Okay....But even if she returns my feelings, what is she gonna think when she finds out that I have a-"

"If she really likes you then it won't matter to her." She says.

I nod, trying to get ahold of everything Jasmine just told me.

She's right. I can't ignore or hide my feelings for forever. I'm just afraid of getting rejected again.

"Why don't we go out for a drink? Let loose a little, get your mind off of everything for a bit. Plus, I still have so much to tell you." Jasmine says.

Although drinking is probably not the best idea, I really feel like one.

"You read my mind. Where too?"

To Be Continued...