Ch. 35

Thank you for being so patient. Enjoy!

Y/n's POV:

"What did you say?"

I didn't mean to just throw it out in the open like that, but I did and there's no way I can take it back now.

"I-uh"

"Can you for once in your life, just act like a god damn adult?" My father says.

"Excuse me?"

"Following childish dreams and saying ludicrous things like you just did, you need to grow up Y/n and realize that you have a responsibly and role in this world. You're not a child anymore."

I'm not a child.

"You're just like your mother."

Shut up.

"Honestly, she babied you too much. I told her that she needed to let you learn more on your own, but of course she never listened."

That's not true.

"I should've known better then to let you leave when you did. I should have-"

"Enough!" I slam my hands on the table, getting others attention once again on us, and my father goes silent, startled by my sudden outburst.

"Just because I don't want to take over your job, doesn't give you the right to talk about mom like that and you know it. She raised me, cared for me, and most importantly she acted like I existed. You never did any of that, nor did you try too. Sorry for wanting to work in a field that actually makes me happy, but I'm not quitting my job, moving back, or taking over the business. I like what I do and I have friends here that actually care about me and I care about them. Mom taught me that there's more to life then working. She taught me how to have fun, how to never give up hope when shit gets tough, and most importantly how to love, and that's more than I can ever say about you."

I get up from my seat and quickly grab my things.

"Maybe if you were around more when I was little, mom would have told you the truth. Either way, I stand by what I said earlier. From this point on, don't call me, text me, or try to see me...because you are not my father and I am not your daughter. You are dead to me."

His stance remains the same as I leave.

"Oh, and just for the record. That ludicrous thing I said earlier...is true. I do have a dick and I'm proud of who I am. Nothing you ever say will make me feel differently."

I noticed something change in his eyes, but I didn't care, I just continued walking.

Five hours later

11:47 pm

Jasmine's POV:

"Y/n open up already!" I yell, as I bang on her door for probably the fiftieth time.

I was watching TV earlier, when all of a sudden I heard the front door open and Y/n walked in.

"Hey, you're back early, how was dinner?" I asked, as I watched her remove her coat and shoes.

I waited for a response, but after she finished what she was doing, she walked straight to her room and closed the door without a word.

I took a deep breath, before pausing my show and walking over to her door.

"I take it, it didn't go well then?" I ask her from behind the door.

I waited a few seconds, but still no response.

"You know I'm not gonna leave you alone until you say something right?"

I'm stubborn, we both are, which means this could go on for hours. I care about her a lot. As one of my closest friends, I know how she can get when something bad happens. It's never pretty.

"Y/n come on, talk to me. What happened?"

Nothing.

That's basically how the past four and a half hours have been.

"Fine, you win. I give up. Stay in there and mope or whatever. It's getting late, so I'll try my luck again in the morning."

I turn the tv off and get ready for bed. I change my clothes, clean my face, use the toilet one last time, and begin brushing my teeth. However, just as I'm about to finish an idea pops into my head.

It's a long shot and Y/n may hate me for it but I have to try.

I pick up my phone and scroll through my contacts until I spot who I'm looking for and hit call without hesitating.

Ring-Ring...Ring-Ring...Ring-

???: Hello?

Jasmine: Thank god. I was worried you weren't going to answer. I need your help.

???: With what? I don't think there's much I can help you with, I mean we barely know each other.

Jasmine: Yes, however, there is one thing or should I say one person that you and I both know quite well, and that's Y/n.

???: I-I'm sorry, I can't...

Jasmine: Ariana please it's important

Ariana: Jasmine I-

Jasmine: Look, I know you and Y/n are not on the best of terms right now. Since you asked her out and-

Ariana: I never-That's not what-

Jasmine: You can't lie to me Ariana. Do you really think she hasn't told me about what happened? Plus, I have eyes and can see how head over heels you are for her, and she's the same. She may have said no, but that's because she's an idiot and doesn't believe she can trust you.

Ariana: Wait, trust me? What does she-

Jasmine: It doesn't matter right now, nor is it my place to say. I on the other hand do trust you and that is why I am asking for your help...Y/n may kill me later for telling you this, but I'm willing to take that risk if it helps her now...

Ariana: ......

Jasmine: After she talked with you, she left to go have dinner with her father. However, she came home only a little over an hour and a half after that and hasn't said a word since. I've tried getting her to talk but I don't think I'm going to be able to get through to her. You might not believe me when I say that she cares about you, but she does. I also know it might be hard, but I'm begging you to please come over and try talking with her...

Ariana: I...

Jasmine: Please Ariana, you're the only other person that she will listen too.

The line remains silent for a few moments, and then I hear her sigh into the phone.

Ariana: Okay...

Jasmine: Thank you

To Be Continued...

A/n: How did you all like Jasmines POV? Maybe I'll do more, maybe I won't.