Chapter 3 drunk fights

I walked home after school that day expecting to come home to the usual, my dad Johnny drunk, Robby not answering any of my calls, and no food in the cabinets. I turned the key in my door and saw Johnny on the couch surrounded by beer bottles. "Hey how was school?" He questioned coughing a little. "Fine." I shrugged while walking to my room. "Hey wait up I wanted to ask you something." He said stumbling behind me. "Ask me when your sober, you'll actually remember it." I scoffed while closing my door. "I'm not fucking drunk!" He yelled while slamming his fist into the door. "Whatever." I replied while plopping down on my bed. "And take that shirt off it's not ugly sweater day!" He yelled before walking away. He was always drunk, it's not something I really cared about. I opened up my phone expecting the normal flood of notifications, as expected there it was.

Ethan

Ethan: hey wanna come over I got a new sex toy

Me: I'm not in the mood.

I would usually reply yes but I seriously was not in the mood, I continued to scroll through my texts looking for someone worthy of responding to. Then a new text popped up on my screen,

Tyler

Tyler: hey can you tell yaz that you came on me and I didn't fuck you

I looked at the text for a minute before replying, revenge was sweet.

Yaz

Me: heyyy tyler wanted me to tell you that he's breaking up with you, he says I give much better head. Sorry bitch.

I looked away from my phone and up at my wall, I looked at the drawing that I had there. I never took it down. It was a drawing that Robby and I had made when our family was actually happy. Tears dared to escape my eyes when I looked at it, memory's of the night it happened rushed through my head.

Flashback
"Are they fighting again?" I asked my brother who was crouching behind a couch next to me. "Ya, they are." He replied. We sat behind the couch in silence listening to our parents fight for the 3rd time this week. Tears began slowly falling down my cheeks as I sat there, my dad had left us at birth and he was trying to make everything better with my mom but nothing he did seemed to work. Robby wrapped his arms around me engulfing me in a hug that I could still feel 5 years later. We were 11 when they started trying to make things work, nothing seemed to work. "Ali where are you?" Johnny called out, I hid my face deeper into Robby's shoulder as we continued ducking down behind the couch hiding. "Ali we are leaving now!" Johnny called out again getting closer to where we were hiding. My mom, Shannon, gave me over to Johnny when I was 6, she said two children was to much for her to take care of. I went to her house on weekends sometimes to see Robby but that all stopped when she became a drunk as well. "Ali Lawrence get out here right now!" Johnny yelled one final time. I squeezed Robby tightly before standing up and walking out with Johnny for the last time. I haven't spoken to Robby since.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by knocking on my door. "I know you probably don't want to see me but I'm going over to the mini mart to get some dinner do you want to come?" Johnny asked through the door. "Ya sure." I replied wiping tears from my eyes. I exited my room and followed Johnny out to his car, sometimes I felt like he loved his car more than me. We blasted guns and roses, and other 80's rock music while we pulled into the parking lot.

***

"2 slices of pizza." Johnny said while going up to the counter. The man behind the counter nodded and used his bare hands to grab us slices of pizza. "Don't you think that's a little unsanitary." I scoffed while looking at him annoyed. "I could care less about being sanitary." The man replied while throwing the pizza onto a used paper plate. "That'll be 5 dollars." He continued while holding out his hand. Johnny rolled his eyes and gave him the money, we started walking out of the store but the door opened before we could touch it. "Hi Ali." A boy said while walking through the doors. "Oh hi Miguel." I replied with a smile. He held the doors open for me and I walked out.