Chapter 13 Confidence

I ran up to Miguel's door with my dad and knocked so loud the whole apartment complex could have heard. "Carmen!" I screamed while banging on all the windows. Carmen burst through the doors looking down at her injured groaning son in Johnny's arms. "Mihjo" She cried out while allowing Johnny inside to place Miguel down on the couch. "What happened here" She asked me urgently her eyes never leaving her son's injured body. "H- he got into a- a fight and h-he thought he could win" I explained, that was all Eli and Demetri had told me. "He's just a week little boy how does he expect to win against a bully and all his friends" Carmen panicked at her son's poor choices. "Well h- he... we" I started but I couldn't decided if I should reveal Miguel and i's secret. I looked over at my dad and saw him slowly nodding his head towards me, I nodded mine back and finished my sentence. "Miguel and I have been taking karate lessons, I guess he just wasn't as ready as he thought he was" I finished. I heard Miguel's groaning become angry when I revealed his secret to his mom. "I'm sorry Miggy, I had to" I said as tears began to form in my eyes due to Carmen's hurt and upset expression. "Who is teaching him this violence" Carmen asked slightly angry. "M-my dad" I replied. "Get out of my house and stay away from my son" She stated a little calmer although she was just as firm as she had been. "Mom no please" Miguel pleaded while gripping his side in pain. "Out" Carmen demanded while shoving my dad and I out the door completely ignoring Miguel's pleading. 

My dad stood on the welcome mat and stared at the door he had just been pushed out of. "Dad... it's ok, she'll come around" I promised trying my hardest to make a smile appear on his face once again. My dad just shrugged my comment away and trudged over to our apartment. He opened a beer like he usually did when he was in a bad mood and he chugged it down with no hesitation. I rolled my eyes at his irresponsible, childish behavior and strolled down to my room collapsing on my bed. Tears stained my pillow that night as upsetting thoughts swarmed in my head. Thoughts about Miguel, about Eli, about cobra kai, and about my love life. I loved Eli but I couldn't be with him and I never would be with him. 

The next day

I walked into the library with Demetri, Eli, and Miguel so we could study for our math test coming up in the next week. I never really used to study but ever since Demetri and Eli became my friends my grades had been spiking and my reputation has gotten better with the teachers. I honestly started to enjoy being a good kid, being the sl^tty bad girl was fun but it got old quick. "So that's it no more karate" Demetri asked Miguel snapping me out of my thoughts. "Yup no more karate" Miguel sighed with a frown. "I guess it's for the best, it was giving you confidence" Demetri stated with a shrug. "Is having confidence supposed to be a bad thing" I asked while raising my eyebrows. "What good has confidence ever brought anyone, all it gets you is a backpack covered in trash or a wedgie" Demetri replied while referring to last week when his backpack was thrown in the trash by Kyler and his goons. "What's the best super power you can have" He asked obviously trying to prove himself right. "Super-strength" Miguel replied. "Telekinesis" I replied looking at Miguel like he was crazy. "Wrong, invisibility" Demetri stated. Miguel and I looked at him and rose our eyebrows in confusion while Eli nodded his head in agreement. "Super speed would be a close second so you could run away fast" Demetri finished while nodding.

 "Run away from who" A cocky voice asked while turning the corner of the book cases. I looked up at Kyler and his goons staring down at us with annoyingly confident expressions. "Uh w-we were just leaving" I stated while pulling Miguel up and holding his arm tightly to keep him away from Kyler. Demetri and Eli nodded and started to follow me out until they were stopped. Kyler grabbed Eli's face holding it up so he could get a better look at his scar. "Yooo dude look at this freak" He scoffed while looking down at Eli's scar. "Who the hell would ever kiss this sh!t" Brucks stated in his annoying stereotypical bully voice. They continued making fun of him leaving awful comments about him and his scar. I tried drowning them out but they were like an endless ringing in my ear. 

"I would" I finally called out while looking at all the boys. "You would what Ali" Kyler scoffed as he looked me up and down. I looked at him firmly as I spoke, "I would kiss him" I stated while looking all the boys up and down with confidence and annoyance. "Do it then" Kyler replied as he released Eli's face and threw him towards me. "Ali you really don-" Eli started but I stopped him by lightly connecting our lips together. It wasn't as active or powerful as the kiss we had before but it was still a kiss, another incredible unforgettable kiss. I pulled away and looked back at Kyler and his friends as they stared at me in disgust and shock. Kyler's lip slightly quivered as he tried to think of something to say, "W- well you'd kiss anyone... because your a sl^t and a whore" He blurted out while all his friends nodded in agreement trying to make his comeback seem cooler. "Really... because I don't think that i've ever kissed you, or any of your ugly a$$ goons who you call friends" I scoffed while laughing slightly to add effect. "Oh whatever b!tch" He replied while rolling his eyes and walking out. Before he left completely he grabbed Demetri's backpack and threw it in the trash behind him. "I just threw a yogurt in there" Demetri whined. We all laughed slightly trying to lighten the mood but nothing seemed to change. The tension between Eli and I was painfully obvious and everyone in the room could tell. "Well uh, we should probably go" Miguel stated with a painfully awkward tone in his voice. We all nodded and began exiting. 

I was the last one to leave and before I could I was stopped by a females voice. "Hey... uh you're Ali Lawrence right" The voice asked. "Ya uh and you are... Sam LaRusso" I guessed while looking at the girl. "Uh, ya... I just wanted to apologize for last night at the dance. I didn't know Yasmine was going to do that" She replied while looking down slightly upset. "Hey don't worry about it, happens all the time" I shrugged. She nodded her head slowly trying to process how I didn't care at all about the rude comments I received. "What you did in there for Eli was really cool" She said trying to break the tension in the room. "Ya well he doesn't deserve to be bullied." I replied with a light shrug while looking around the room not meeting her gaze, she saw me kiss him, now I knew for sure that the whole school would know by tomorrow morning. "Hey I uh know this is random but uh do you have any relations with a Johnny Lawrence" She asked while looking up at me. "Ya he's my dad" I replied while finally looking at her glad that she changed the subject. "Oh... I didn't know he had a daughter. Based off of what i've heard he's not really a family type of guy" She said, I could tell she regretted saying the last part because she didn't want to come off as rude. "He actually has two kids, a daughter and a son" I responded, Robby may not want to admit it but my dad will always be his dad to. Sam once again nodded her head growing the silence that filled the room. "Let me guess... you're LaRusso as in Daniel LaRusso" I stated while eyeing the girl up and down. "Ya I am... but i'm not like my dad was in the 80's, I did karate but not really that much anymore" Sam replied urgently so I wouldn't make quick judgments about her. "And I'm not like my dad" I stated with a fake-ish smile. "See ya round LaRusso" I saluted while exiting the library. Maybe the LaRusso and Lawrence rivalry will live on, maybe it wont. Sam seems decent, i'll have to get to know her before I attack. Keep your friends close but your enemy's closer. 

Uh oh we had and Ali and Sam run in. 

Maybe they are more like their dad's then they think. 

Anyway here's todays picture! 

Look how focused he is, that's adorable!