Chapter 34 the scar

Miguels pov
I woke up the next morning with Ali still cuddled up into my chest, she was still fast asleep in my arms. I didn't dare move in fear of waking her up. Her peaceful sleep ended abruptly when Johnny barged through her doorway. "Ali I'm heading over to the dojo for some clean up wanna come train." Her dad asked not even looking up to see that she was sleeping. She quickly shot up stunned to be woken so quickly and she groaned trying to process the question. "No go away" she quietly mumbled out. "I have plans to hang out with Eli today" she smiled with her words although I dont know if she knew what she was saying. " isn't that right Eli." She cooed patting my chest. Her half closed eyes wandered around the room eyeing her father's confused expression. I looked at her sympathetically before I spoke, "Ali its Miguel, do you remeber what happened last night. She laid there blankly before the realization struck her. "Oh that's right..." She replied giving me a smile. She dlowky moved allowing me to get up off of her bed. Johnny still stood in the doorway confused, "Wait what happened?" He questioned. Ali looked down in silence so I spoke up for her. "Ali and eli... well hawk, broke up" I replied. Johnny looked down at his daughters sad eyes and quickly pulled her into a tight embrace, a hug, something the two hasn't shared in a very long time.

Maybe Ali was right, maybe love was pointless, for Ali and I it seemed to end in heartbreak. For my parents the same, and for Ali's parents to. They all fell out of love with each other. Maybe love was just a pointless excuse for a heartbreak. Then I remembered her, her name was Tory. I had met her a few weeks ago and we had started going out, I really liked her, but something seemed off, I had a feeling our relationship wouldn't end well. These thoughts slowly ticked through my brain in the silence of the room, I hated it but maybe Ali had been right all along.

The silence was broken by johnny speaking, "maybe you should come to the dojo with me then, help you loosen up, shake away the feeling, that always helped me. Ali nodded slowly and stood up, her legs shook but I held her in place, that's when I saw it. The scar on the inside of Ali's leg. It read Eli's in his signature messy handwriting. I pretened not to notice. I decided I would ask her about it later.

Ali's pov
Miguel and my dad left my room to allow me to get changed. I was still in a bit of shock, I couldn't believe that I forgot that Eli and I broke up. I sluggishly threw on some shorts and a hoodie and walked out of my room. Miguel looked at me worrily as I walked out I just smiled at him, even though we both new the smile was fake and we walked out of the house and headed to the dojo.

When we arrived at the dojo I noticed that it was unlocked. "Has anyone been her recently?" I questioned. My dad just shrugged and walked inside. Faint "Hiyas" could be heard from the back room of the dojo. I looked from Miguel to my dad confused and we approached the door. I was the first to peak my head through the door to the back room. Students I recognized and some I didn't were lined up in front of a man, I couldn't see his face past all the students but I could tell who he was just by his voice. "Kreese?" My dad questioned looking at the man. "Oh hello Johnny" kreese replied in a fake cheerful tone. All of the students turned around to face us and I locked eyes with a certain one. He looked at me with sad cold eyes, my expression was blank, I didn't know how to feel. 'I don't trust him' he had told me yet here he was standing in front of him. Miguel noticed my distress and lightly squeezed my hand. I looked at our interlocked hands and smiled. I looked back up again just to find a pair of daggers staring at me, these daggers were Eli's eyes. Instead of staring at my face he was staring down at miguels hand interlocked with mine. His whole body was tense. "Put your arm around my shoulder" I whispered to Miguel. He didn't ask questions he just did it. Then out of no where an almost scream was heard. "Miguel if you don't get your hands off my girl!" He threatened with his hands balled into fists. "She's not yours anymore Eli!" He snapped back. Eli took a few deep breaths his body still tense. "Its hawk." He corrected in an angered tone. "Mhm, ok hawk" Miguel mockingly replied. "She's not your anymore and she doesn't want to be yours." He continued in a calm defensive tone. "Her thigh says otherwise" Eli mumbled in reply. "What'd you just say!" Miguel screamed getting up in Eli's face. "I said her thigh says otherwise!" Eli now screamed back. My face heated up as everyone stared at me. Eli quickly stormed over to me and grabbed the bottom of my shorts lifting them up above the scar. "See, shes mine!" He screamed at no body in particular. I looked up at him, fear spread accross my face. He looked down at me, when he noticed my facial expression his face quickly softened and he let go of me. "I thought you said you were hawk" my dad snapped at him. "Y-ya I am" Eli semi confidently snapped back. "My daughters leg has the word Eli scared into it, she was Eli's... she loved Eli, the boy I see standing in front of me is not Eli." My dad replied calmly. Eli had nothing to say, he stood there in silence. "Lets go" my dad scoffed and he pulled Miguel and I out of the dojo. I smiled to myself at his actions. He was turning out to be a great dad.

That's the end of this chapter, sorry for it being so short, its Christmas eve so I've been super busy. I should update again soon in the next few days!