Chapter 14 3634 days

I walked into the school building the next morning and felt all eyes on me, someone had snitched about the scene in the library. "Whore" Someone called out. I looked around and glared at each person, they were all a bunch of pathetic jealous looser's and everyone knew it. As a kid I would always hear the saying treat other's the way you want to be treated but it hadn't really had an affect on me until now. I used to just treat everyone like sh!t and they were all to afraid to fight back, now they were treating me like sh!t and fighting back wasn't enough. "This school sucks" I scoffed while exiting the doors and not looking back. 'I'm already failing anyway who care's' I thought to myself while walking away. 

I strolled down the street to my house and grabbed the skateboard I had tucked away in the back of my closet. Robby had given it to me for my 13th birthday in the mail, he left it there for me with no note, all it said was from Robby. I had used it a few times when he gave it to me but I was to heartbroken to continue after my dad's drinking problems started getting worse. I skated along the streets of the valley trying to balance myself out, it was like riding a bike, you never forget. 

I skated into the dojos parking lot and grabbed the spare key from my back pack. I stuck it in the key hole, turned the nob, and stepped inside. It still smelt like body odor and dust from Miguel and i's last session before the fight. The smell had become refreshing to me, almost like a fresh breath of air. I closed the door behind me, slipped off my shoes and stepped on the mat. I looked at my careless reflection in the mirror before bowing to myself and getting into a fighting stance. "Hiya!" I cheered while jumping in the air and sending a kick in front of me. I landed on my feet but quickly lost balance and fell down onto the mat. "Dammit" I scoffed as I slapped the mat with my hands. 'Again' I thought to myself while shooting up from the ground back into my fighting stance. "Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!" I repeated over a span of 15 minutes until I finally felt my feet plant onto the ground firmly. I stared back at my reflection in the mirror and bowed once again, I had just self taught myself the crane kick. 

"That was a good one" Someone cheered from behind me. I jumped a little and turned around seeing my dad standing behind me. "Oh uh hi" I replied, he wasn't supposed to find out that I was ditching school. He looked at me with aggravated eyes before slowly stepping towards me, "Ali you can't just skip school like this" He stated while placing his hands on my shoulders. "I wasn't having a good day" I replied glaring up at him. "Sometimes you just need to suck it up" He responded glaring back down at me. "Y'know sometimes I need a supportive dad, not a total a$$hole" I stated while storming out the doors of the dojo and quickly throwing my skateboard on the ground while I rode away. 

I rode out of the main section of the valley to some of the smaller towns that surrounded it. I went to visit a specific place, one that had a lot of meaning in my heart, it was a park that Robby and i's babysitter would take us to when our parents were fighting. Robby and I would play tag in the fields or skate around on the sidewalks. It felt like I had been there yesterday, feeling the cool fall breeze whip across my face. I took a deep breath and started my ride to Robby and i's favorite part of the park, the fountain in the middle. 

I took a seat on the edge of the fountain giving my legs a rest, the sound of the water flowing down behind me was as calming as the sound of crashing waves on a beach. And the best part about this place was that nobody knew about it, it was in a small structure surrounded by bricks that were stacked to form 4 large walls. The only way in was to move some vines and bushes out of the way and slip inside through a small crack in the bricks. 

I took a deep breath in and admired my surroundings, they were very beautiful, the bright green shrubs and the deep blue water of the fountain seemed like they should belong to a different reality

I took a deep breath in and admired my surroundings, they were very beautiful, the bright green shrubs and the deep blue water of the fountain seemed like they should belong to a different reality. I laid back on the fountain and looked up at the blue sky, a few clouds flew by here and there so I made shapes and animals out of them. One that flew by reminded me of an elephant while the next reminded me of a dragon. I shot my gaze beside me when I heard rustling in the vines at the entrance of the secret fountain. "Who's there" I shouted as I became extremely vigilant and aware of my surroundings. The person who had snuck inside quickly turned around while pushing their hair out of their face. "Ali?" They questioned when they saw my face. I looked at them for a second, it was a tall boy about my age with dirty blonde hair and an extremely muscular build. I looked into the boy's deep blue eyes and it was as if a light bulb went off inside of my head. "Robby" I replied with no emotion as I stared at the boy. A shocked expression flew across the boy's face and stayed there as he waited for me to react. But I couldn't react, I stood on the grass with no emotion at all, everything was blank. The boy continued walking towards me until he was only a few feet away, he took a good long look at my face and a smile plastered across his as he came to realize that I was in fact Ali Lawrence, his twin sister. "I missed you so much" He started while practically sobbing into my shoulder. I lightly hugged him back completely unsure of what to do. Robby pulled away and looked down at me getting a good look at his sister that he hadn't seen in an uncountable amount of years. "I- I'm so sorry I didn't visit. Mom wouldn't let me come see you and even if I did dad would not react well. I'm so sorry" He continued while still sobbing into my shoulder. I finally understood what it was that he was so joyful about, we were reunited right here, right now and nothing could separate us anymore. "I- I missed you to" I was able to get out while pulling him into a huge embrace, I got to see my brother for the first time in years and it was like nothing changed. It seemed like we had only been apart a day even though it had been 3634 days since that awful day. I marked down everyday in a small notebook in my backpack, 3634 tally's not needed anymore, 20 pages of my notebook could be ripped out. Everything was so confusing but it just felt so complete. 

OMGGGGGG We had an Ali and Robby reunion!!!! 

Hmmmmm I wonder what will happen when they see each other at the all valley...

Also would you guys prefer that I post a 1500 to 2000 word chapter everyday or a 2500+ word chapter every 2 days?