Chapter 45 Drive

Ali's pov

I slowly rubbed my eyes open and noticed a figure on the ground next to me. My eyes adjusted to the light and I recognized them. "Robby?" I questioned but the boy stayed asleep. I crawled over to him and lightly shook him awake. "Robby." I repeated. His eyes slowly started to open and he smiled up at me. I pulled him up and into a tight hug and he hugged me back. His arms wrapped around my back and he held me so tightly it was as if he would never let go. I felt tears start to form into my eyes as I held him in my embrace. "I missed you so much." I spoke but it came out in an almost cry. "I missed you to." He replied. When he finally pulled away from the hug I could see tears forming in his eyes. I let out a light giggle as I wiped tears off of my cheeks. "I'm so sorry Ali, I didn't mean for you to fall over the railing, I- I didn't mean for anyone to fall over the railing." He explained in tears. "Robby, it's ok, I know you didn't mean it." I assured in reply. He let out a soft sigh and nodded slowly. "Thank you." He mumbled and I pulled him into a hug. Then I heard students shuffling around outside the door. "Wanna join class today?" I asked with a smile. "N- No, I just need a place to crash, this isn't permanent." He explained with a shrug. "Why aren't you staying with dad?" He questioned. I stared at him blankly for a moment. I honestly wasn't sure why my mind wouldn't let me speak to my dad. It was like I wanted to but everything inside of me was telling me not to. "It's complicated." I shrugged and I quickly changed the subject. "All the cobras are hanging out today after class, you should come." I cheered. Robby looked around awkwardly before he spoke. "I'll think about it." He shrugged in reply. I nodded and ushered him out of the room so I could get my gi on. Robby and I were finally reunited. 

***

After training I met hawk and Tory outside the dojo. Hawk had his arm tightly wrapped around my waist as I leaned back against his chest. Kyler was sitting in his car groaning impatiently. "Ali can we just go." He whined. "No we're waiting, he's coming." I assured as I rolled my eyes at the impatient boy. As soon as I finished someone rounded the corner. I smiled at the sight of Robby and he smiled at me. He scanned hawk and rolled his eyes at his hand placement. "You can do better Ali." He teased when he got over to us. A small laugh passed through my lips from his jokes and I felt hawks grip around my waist tighten. "Ok, ok, I'm sorry." I squealed as Hawk picked me up off the ground. "Thank you." He smirked as he planted a kiss on my head and lead me to the car. 

The car came to a slow stop on a rocky parking lot outside of a large forest. "What the hell are we doing?" Robby questioned me as we exited the car. "You'll see, just follow the path." I roughed up his hair and strolled away. "Oh and I like the new hair, way better than your old dora cut." I called back to him. He rolled his eyes and chuckled slightly as he started walking. Tory appeared at his side and I could slowly see them start to bond as they walked. I caught up to hawk and he interlocked his fingers with mine. "You excited princess?" He questioned with a smirk. "Hell ya, this is my first heist!" I cheered back. He let out a small chuckle and pulled me along behind him so we could catch up with the others who had stopped at a large gate. 

"What are we doing at a zoo?" Robby questioned as he read the signs that surrounded us. "We're getting sensei a little gift." Tory explained with a smirk. He gave her a confused look but he proceeded to follow hawk and I through a crack in the gate. 

When we got inside the zoo we quietly ran to where the animals are kept. "The guard comes back in 5 minutes, that means that we have 5 minutes to go in and go out." Hawk explained. "The blind spots of the cameras are here where we are standing, next to the bird exhibit, and over by the statue of the bear. Stay in those areas." He continued. He was so smart when he wanted to be, it was really hot. He opened the door to the back room and everyone followed him in. Robby stayed back a bit and I turned around to face him. "C'mon, we'll be fine." I assured as I pulled him into the room. Hawk shut the door behind us and moved to the front of the group, I followed closely behind him with Robby right behind me. Hawk counted the tanks as we walked until he stopped at one. "Got the snake bowl?" He asked as he held his hand out to Kyler. There was a moment of silence and hawk turned around to face him. "I orchestrated this entire plan and you forgot the one thing I put you in charge of." Hawk scoffed. "I'm sorry man I'm really stressed, if I don't pass this semester my dads gonna shit in my mouth." Kyler explained in return. Hawk and I scrunched our faces up at him in confusion. Then a loud voice could be heard at the end of the hall. "Shit." I mumbled. I couldn't see over the crowd of kids but hawk could. "Guard!" He whisper screamed and he pulled me along behind him. Everyone followed quickly behind us. Or so we thought.