Chapter 10

Esmerelda- Antoinette's POV:

On my way back I thought it would be the perfect time to explore Italy and buy myself and Alessandra some new fashionable pieces. I adore fashion. I spent nearly the whole day. I had currently arrived home with a bunch of shopping bags in my hands and obviously my pastry platter A bought from the café. I was just in time for dinner. Okay maybe I missed dinner...I barged into the door and saw everybody was sitting in the living room. By everybody I meant even Orabella, Emmanuel, Alessandra and Alessandro. The whole Romano- Russo family was here.

"I'm home everybody." I announce and all heads snap towards my direction. They all rush to me and start talking.

"Bambina, where were you? Do you know how worried we were? We even had to call Emmanuel's family." Lorenzo yells at me.

"Principessa, I thought you said you were going to be back in a few hours after visiting your friends tea party. It is currently 10:00 pm." Francesco said. I feel tears prickle in my eyes as the yelling brings out past memories.

"Tesoro, I will be punishing you for your irresponsible actions. Give me your phone. No phone for a week!" My father's voice booms. No not my phone. I have things to do which requires my phone. How will I take care of the mafia? What if Sylvester calls when they have my phone. Oh they can't know about my mafias. Oh this is bad. Unless... I break my phone. I own two phones. Both of them are important to me. My business phone has important mafia information and my second phone has my weird chats with some friends that I made with my step-father. I miss my friends. I didn't even get to say goodbye. Luckily I took my sim card out of my personal phone, as Alessandro had taught me so I wouldn't be found by my family but that didn't work for me that well, since I am currently being scolded by my family. This means if I break my personal phone nothing bad will happen, because all those contacts of my friends can be recovered later through some of my IT specialists of my company without my family finding any conversations. I could just buy another phone...

"Fine, here is my phone." I say with trembling lips as the yelling still triggers me. I hand them my personal phone. Lorenzo was about to take it when I dropped it on the hard marble floor. The phone was too well made to break just by falling on the hard ground so I took my heavy leather shoe I was wearing and stomped on the device as hard as possible. I stared at Lorenzo's eyes while doing all of these actions as his eyes got colder by the second. I am SO grounded for this... Now for the finishing touch.

"Vaffanculo Lorenzo." I say with the most bitterest tone ever. I think it is a bad word in Italian, I don't know what it means but I have heard Alessandro say it before so I thought I would use this word. I still don't know what it means though. Whatever I said sure did tick Lorenzo off as now he was fisting his hands and was turning red by the second. Oh dear lord what have I done. Oh this was a bad idea. Why do I have to be such a big dumb-dumb sometimes. To save myself from this unfortunate situation... I ran. I ran up the stairs back to my room and locked the door. I was glad I didn't say whatever I said in Italian to my father or that would be the biggest mistake I would have made in my life.

I sat in my closet and started crying. The questioning and yelling from my family brought terrible memories of how my step-father and his friends would yell at me. I was balling my eyes out. I went to my bag and took my blade out. I went to the bathroom and locked the door. I looked at myself in the mirror. I slowly pierced and dragged the blade on my arms. I felt blood trickle down my arms giving me the familiar feeling of being alive even when I have the urge to die. I was brought out of my painful satisfaction, when I heard my door being... knocked down. KNOCKED DOWN! Oh snappity snap! This is bad. What am I going to do. How do I explain the blood on the ground and the sink. How do I explain the cuts. This is bad. This is VERY BAD! I quickly try to pick up my blades and stash them somewhere. While I was doing this I accidentally cut myself. This cut was deep. I could feel it. Excessive amounts of blood started pumping out of me and I felt light headed. I heard a knock on my bathroom door.

"Tesoro, it's me, Giovanni. Please open the door. We didn't mean to scare you." He said in a soft voice. The soothing voice was making me even more light headed than I was. I knew if I kept this up I would faint and lose too much blood. My brothers can't see me like this.

"Go away everybody I want, Alessandro and Alessandra!" I demand.

"Yes baby girl I am here, you can come out now." Alessandro says. I knew my brothers were probably still standing there.

"Make sure my brothers and the rest of the family is nowhere in sight. I don't want to see them. I won't come out if you don't do this." I say. It was more like I didn't want them to see me...

"Yes Coniglietto. We have sent them away so you can open the door now." Alessandra says.

I open the door slightly, just to be greeted by the twins. I checked outside and nobody else was there. Perfect. I opened the door for them to get in. I felt very light headed. I was going to faint.

"Help me" I murmur to Alessandro before I faint in his arms."

Alessandro's POV:

My baby girl falls into my arm, or should I say my aunt falls into my arms. I see she is covered with blade marks and one wound in particular was dangerously red. She was bleeding profusely. This is why she didn't want her brothers to see her. I saw in the bathroom that there were blades with her blood on it. At that moment, I connected the pieces. She hurts herself. She cuts herself. This is self-harm not an accident. I feel tears blur my eyes. I see my twin beside me with the same expression as she figured it out as well. I carried my baby girl in my arms and headed downstairs. I had to tell my uncles about what happened to Esme. I couldn't

T let this slide, even if she was our best friend. Luckily, my uncles, Vincenzo and Valentino are doctors. They can take care of my Bambina.

"Uncle Val and Vince. Esme is bleeding" I yell as I head down the stairs where my brothers are." Emiliano comes to me and takes her in his arms. He immediately sees the cut marks and yells.

"Who did this to her." The blood was still gushing out of her.

"Uncle, she did it to herself. She cuts herself." Alessandra breaks the news with the blades Esme cut herself within her hands. My brother's cheeks are all stained with tears. This is the first time I have seen uncle Lorenzo cry. Esmerelda, look how many people care about you. I whisper to myself.

"Emiliano, bring her to our clinic," Valentino says.

"We will take care of her. Don't worry." Vincenzo says after. I hug Alessandra knowing even if she is super strong and badass she sometimes needs comfort. We hug and then follow the twins to their clinic. 

Author's Note:

I hope you like the chapter! Please like, comment. read, share, vote and follow my little Shadies!

-SLIMSHADY OUT! ✌✌✌😎😎😎