Chapter 51

^^^^ Esmerelda- Antoinette's birthday outfit ^^^^

Esmerelda- Antoinette's POV:

A month had passed. I was finally out of my dumb*ss crutches that made me look like a walking joke. It made me feel kind of embarrassed in public. This past month has really been THE month for me. I feel like I kinda hit puberty mentally but not physically. Like I still look like an 8-year-old, we can push it to 9 years old. But, like in my brain, I have become a f*cking teenager. I curse, I know what s*x is and I have started to wear cropped tops. That's a pretty good improvement if you ask me. Becoming a Royal really has changed me. Don't get me wrong you might think it has ruined me but I think the opposite. I finally feel like a teenager. Many people have teased me over the years for looking like an 8-year-old in 8th grade but now I feel pretty confident in my skin. I still have my battle scars, I still have trauma but I am not as emotionally and physically weak as I used to be. Bishop made me take fighting classes with me. He told me fighting was a staple activity amongst the Royals so I couldn't reject his proposal. When it comes to athletics, I f*cking suck. I'm like walking asthma but with the help of the boys I can run 20 minutes straight without getting tired and I can pack an epic punch. I wasn't the best at fighting but now I could injure you with my bare hands instead of my yo-yo. Hugo was insisting on ditching the yo-yo but I refused. Fighting with a yo-yo is a technique that I have developed personally and it works for me, I'm not just going to abandon it. Plus it's a safe way to injure. Also, today was my birthday if I hadn't mentioned it. August 1st. My birthday. I was currently getting dressed in a cute outfit and the classic Royals leather jacket. I was going to meet up with them because they had a surprise planned out for me. Once I had gotten ready I headed downstairs to eat a tiny breakfast. My eating habits still haven't changed, I am underweight but better than when I was with my foster father.

"Sweetie, come here." I heard Sylvester call me. He was sitting on the dining table with his laptop.

"Yes Uncle Sylvester," I said. Yes, I started calling him uncle. He was more than just a consigliere, he was family. I sat in front of him with a single piece of buttered toast.

"Yes. So you have turned 14 today. Happy birthday, darling. This also means you get your mafias back. Unless you want me to take care of them forever, but I prefer being consigliere. It's your choice." He said. I thought about it for 3 seconds. I mean I got to spend 2 months with the Royals and normal teenage life. It's not like my life will change completely if I get the mafias back. I will still meet with the Royals and have to encounter gruesome crimes again but I'm used to it. Uncle Sylvester must be tired as well so it's about time he gets his consigliere job back.

"Yeah sure. I'll take the mafia back. I'll go out with my friends today and then when I get back home I'll handle all the work. Just tell me our current situation of all three mafias and companies." I assure him. He sighs in content. He takes my hand and looks at me warmly.

"Little girl. Enjoy your birthday and do the work later. I have already documented all the progress like usual. You can check out the situation when you come back. Your first duty of the mafia now is just going to the ball. There is a mafia ball tonight where enemies and allies will all be there. They will crown and award the new mafia leaders, consigliere, ceos and all. I know you have been keeping your identity a secret and very few people know who you really are but I think now is the time. I mean you are the true leader, you should be at the crowning taking your rightful position at the ball." He informs me. So much being incognito for a little longer. I know I have to do it.

"Okay. I'll do it. Can you just call Apinya and tell her to help me or is she on a mission? I heard you gave her a raise." I asked him. He chuckled.