Chapter 32

^^^^ The fountain Esmerelda- Antoinette hid inside ^^^^

Esmerelda-Antoinette's POV:

I saw the car going in reverse. I took a deep breath and dunked my whole body into the water. Since it was dark I was practically invisible. I heard small noises coming from above the water and knew my brothers had gotten out of the car to see where I was. I heard Lorenzo's voice speaking.

"She can't be gone just like that. What is she? Like twelve. Last time I checked 12-year-olds who look like 7-year-olds don't escape from us." The voice I heard was muffled. Slowly I was running out of breath. Twenty seconds had passed and I was about to burst. I could inhale the water. I mean we were all fish when we were in our mothers' wombs. I think that might be a bad idea. I should try that if I ever take a bath in an actual bathtub. It's been centuries since I had one of those. After about 40 seconds I was sure. I was drowning. I pushed myself out of the water and started coughing. I should really take some swimming lessons. I thought my brothers had caught me. I saw the car had already taken a u-turn. They must have actually thought I ran like a mile in the opposite direction in 10 seconds. What dummies. Now I was stranded all wet because of my genius idea to dunk myself inside a fountain. Sometimes I'm just like, why does my life have to turn out this way. I am so non-resourceful. I could have hidden in the bushes or in another car but I had to dive into a fountain. At this rate, my future is as empty as a beggar's bank account. I went to the edge of the road and stuck my hand out signaling for a taxi. After about 2 minutes a taxi stopped. I opened the car door and sat inside. After I got comfortable the driver began to talk.

"Where are you headed, Piccola signorina?" (Little Miss) he asked. I didn't really have a specific destination. Where would I go if I wanted to hide from my brothers? I can't go somewhere because they can probably track me as they did in Sicily. Even if I didn't have my tracker necklace on they somehow managed. They probably looked into CCTV cameras. I mean they're rich so one phone call and they probably have the whole working staff on their knees. I had to be smart. I had to think innovatively. Then it clicked with me. What better place to hide than inside their house. I would hide inside of my room. Get food from the fridge when everybody is asleep. No one would even know. I smirked to myself praising my brain for its amazing brainology.

"I would like to go to the Romano Residence. Back entrance please." I say loud and clear. I say it confidently to avoid any sort of questioning. He nodded and drove me to the familiar mansion. The drive took about 10 minutes. I saw guards up front and surrounding the villa. I got out of the car and paid the driver generously. I hid behind a tree so I had a semi-good view of the area. I took my phone out of my pocket and turned on the camera. I zoomed in so I could get a better view of what was in front of the mansion. My brother's cars were not on the premises, which meant only one thing. They weren't there in the house. I did myself a little happy dance skedaddled my way to one of the tall fences. I took my yo-yo out and swung it to the top of the fence making sure the yo-yo intertwined with one of the spikes up top. I tugged on the yo-yo rope to make sure it was secure. I used the rope to climb the fence as if I was rappelling in reverse. After about 3 minutes of intense adventurous climbing, I jumped down and landed in our villa premises. I checked myself for any wounds before I proceeded with my sneaky strategy. I looked at the top of the house and saw it kind of looked a little different. I didn't pay much attention to it. I was probably just adjusting to the mansion because I was gone for three days. I looked for a way up and then a tree caught my attention. This tree was angled perfectly to one of the windows on the mansion. That window happened to me where I assumed my room would be. Sure the house looked a little different in this angle but it was probably just my eyes. I also remembered there wasn't a tree last time but maybe they planted a new one. A tree can grow this tall in three days. I thought. They probably planted a new tree. I shrugged and started climbing the big tree by stepping on its sturdy branches. After about 5 minutes of even more climbing, I reached the branch that led to my window. To my advantage, the window one again had a ledge. I took a step back and leaped for the ledge. I landed smoothly trying not to think about myself falling. I took another breath and pushed the window. To my surprise, the window was already a little ajar. I smirked to myself. I didn't close the window when I was escaping, did I? Sometimes what I thought were mistakes do come in handy. I looked inside my room and saw a large bed and cupboard, dimmed lights.... Wait a minute. This isn't my room. This is an adult room! Was I in one of my brother's rooms. But I wouldn't imagine my brothers having such a mature taste. A noise brought me out of thought. The noise was as if someone was sucking ice cream. I also heard small murmurs. The bed was also shaking a little bit. I took a better view of whatever was happening and saw two of my family members. It was my mother and father. Wait a minute, wasn't my father in the car.... I looked closer to confirm my thoughts and there it sure was my father. I knew this because the man had a cast on his arm. Had they already gotten home? Maybe Lorenzo and my father went home while the rest went searching for me because they were injured. I was about to leave the window and get back on the tree when I took the scene in hand. My father's face was in between my mother's legs. Father was EATING Mama! Mama's face was also looking weird. She was in pain! This is not okay. First, we have a rapist in our family and now a cannibal. Hadn't he heard that Jeffery Dahmer went to jail because of this? I shook my head. I thought if I just left I wouldn't get into trouble and I would essentially be saving myself. Then I thought I should reveal myself and help my mother from eating. Save myself or.... Save my mama. Save myself or... ugh! Why do I have to be such a good child? I jumped into their room and screamed bloody murder.

"GET OFF MY MOTHER, YOU CANNIBAL!" I screamed louder than anything I have heard in my life. I ran to my dad. At this point, I didn't care if he was injured. I jumped on his back and pulled his hair. I got him into a chokehold and pushed him off the bed. My father was shirtless but still had his pants on. That is suspicious. I ran to him and jumped on him. I am surprised the floor didn't crack. I could hear my dad wheezing. I straddled his waist and started punching his face with all my might.

"Stop Esmerelda. Sto what are you doing.!" I heard my mother say. I wasn't going to listen to her cries. That is what all girls do because they were ashamed of saying they were raped or hurt by a man. I continued my wrath of pain as I heard the door of their bedroom open. There was Lorenzo with his broken arm, Giovanni, Francesco, and Emiliano. I assumed Sergio, Dante, Armani, Matteo, Vincenzo, and Valentino had gone all looking for me. I felt both of Emiliano's cold hands wrap around me and hug me from the back. He easily stopped my punches. I mean what do you expect? He was so much bigger and stronger than me. There is no doubt. All he had to do was grab my wrists to stop me. Emiliano started rubbing slow circles on my back and kissed my cheek. I had calmed down and my angry breathing had decreased. I started glaring at my father for his embarrassing and terrible actions.

"What is going on here. Esmerelda what are you doing here?!" Lorenzo said surprised and almost angrily.

"I was here trying to get back inside of the house through the back window when I saw father's head in between mom's legs. Sorry I mean Isabella's legs. He was eating her. Father is a cannibal. I caught him in the act. I am going to call the police if any of you don't." I glared at them.

"Papa was not eating Mama Esme. I mean he was but anyway. Why do you jump out of the car? Do you know how dangerous that is? Right now the rest of the brothers have gone and split up trying to look for you in the city. Turns out you are here trying to sneak back into the house. You could have gotten a hurt Bambina. You have disappointed me. First, you run away, then you jump out of the car?!" My brother screams at me and comes closer and closer. I flinched when he came close to me as I thought he was about to hit me. Memories of my foster father came back and I started tearing up and crying.

Author's Note:

Hello my Shadies! Double update just like you guys asked. Comment down below what colors I should make Esmerelda- Antoinette's dress in the coming chapters... I have given you a little sneak peek. Yes, there will be a grand dress involved in the next few chapters. Please like, comment, read, vote, share and follow beans! 

-SLIMSHADY OUT! 😎😎😎✌✌✌