Chapter 58

^^^^Picture of Esmerelda- Antoinette's outfit of the day^^^^

Esmerelda- Antoinette's POV:

"Wake up." I heard a whisper in my ear. I quickly pushed my hand in the direction of the noise.

"Shut up, let me sleep." I groan. Can't a girl get beauty sleep in this household?

"Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, Wa-" The voice continues to whisper. Oh, my f*cking god.

"Alright I'm awake can you shut the f*ck up now," I say exasperated, and sit up straight on the bed.

I rub my eyes and turn in the direction of the noise and see it's none other than Sergio.

"What do you want Sergio, I'm trying to sleep," I say.

"You have been sleeping since yesterday. You didn't even come down for dinner." He rolls his eyes.

"Well, it's not my fault I'm getting tired lately. Did you know your brain functions better when you have enough sleep? This is why I'm naturally smarter than you. I rest." I point out charmingly.

"Ha Ha Ha funny. We all know I'm the charming and smart one. I'm the one becoming a lawyer for this family after all." He says as if it's the biggest burden on his chest.

"Well, I'm a Don and CEO which makes me even smarter than you," I say with a smirk.

"Well I'm Sergio, so it just makes me smarter than you by default." He responds.

"Well I'm-" I had no comeback. I deflate back into my bed a little embarrassed that I didn't have a comeback.

"Hah! And the Winner is Sergio Roman" He says in a loud voice and jumps on my bed and starts tickling me. He tickles me at the ribs and I lose it. I start giggling my a*s off pleading him to stop.

"STOP, please spare me, STOP," I say joyful tears burning my eyes.

"Then say Sergio is the best brother in the world." He demands. I try resisting but fail miserably.

"Alright alright. Sergio - hahaha - is the- hahaha best hahaha" I say while laughing. The second those words spill from my mouth the tickling stops. I was breathing harshly because of them laughing.

"Come on. Get up and come down for breakfast. Today you are going to hang out with me."

"Cool, so what are we going to do?" I am curious about the sudden change of heart.

"I'll tell you when you come down for breakfast." He says and leaves my room. I sigh. It had been about a week since the Emiliano drama and my sprained leg was brand new. I first brush my teeth in the sink then I take a shower. After the quick shower, I went to my closet to dress and impress. I scanned my closet and decided on a dark crimson full-sleeve dress that ended near my calves and was made of beautifully soft velvet fabric. I wore some long black socks and cute boots. I paired it with a few accessories such as a nice hat and a handbag. It was nearing fall and it was getting slightly chilly outside and decided that my outfit would go perfect with it. I looked at my outfit in the full-length mirror and twirled. I looked beautiful. I started heading towards the breakfast area but was interrupted when I got a phone call on my work phone. I saw the caller ID and it was Sylvester.

"Hello Consigliere, is there anything wrong?" I ask him slightly worried.

"It's actually good news. One of our assassins captured a person who had the Irish Mafia's tattoo on their arm. It was clear they were working for Burkley. Our assassins wanted to torture the information out of him but he didn't exactly do anything wrong and knowing your strict mentality towards judgment I called you to ask how we should proceed to get the information out of the boy." Sylvester said.