Chapter 18

^^^^ Esmerelda- Antoinette's Outfit of the Day ^^^^

Esmerelda- Antoinette's POV

It was the next day. I came back from the first underground fight of this year's season a little late. Okay maybe too late. At 3 am. I still woke up by 8 am. I had another scary nightmare yesterday. One reminding me of the abuse, the harm. This time it was a memory of my stepfather using small blades to carve names on my skin. He wrote words like sl*t, wh*re, b*tch, etc. I still have the markings on me but they are slowly fading. At the doctor's appointment with Valentino and Vincenzo, I am pretty sure they say what my skin was like. I was happy they didn't bring up the topic and just put ointment on it. Today I was having my first therapy session with Isabella. Am I nervous? 100%. I still have to do it though. The session was going to be at 2 pm right after lunch so I had some time to prepare. I was thinking of getting some work done. By work, I mean sending a few designs I came up with for the new Koko Krystal cafe. Check-in with the French and Russin Mafia as well as maybe schedule a meeting for Diamonds and Co. I quickly got up and brushed my teeth, took a shower. The usual. I decided to wear a rather comfortable yet edgy outfit. I always have to stay on top of my game when it comes to fashion. Because of my slow growth rate finding clothes I like for my age is very difficult. I don't have a body of a normal thirteen-year-old so I get all my clothes custom-made for me. I can even give them specific ideas that I want in each piece of clothing. I started loving fashion more at the age of 10 and started spending at least 500 dollars per outfit. It was my guilty pleasure. Like many of the girls out there I loved shopping for clothes but I would never buy any for myself but usually for others since I never found clothes I liked in the 7-year-old section except in stores like Gucci or Prada. I must sound like a snobby rich person. Shake my head.

I headed downstairs at around 8:30 and everybody was at the breakfast table already. How early do they wake up? I mean I already wake up early so how much earlier do they wake up? Most of the boys had dark circles under their eyes. Hmm! Perhaps because of the fight yesterday. I knew they were there, that is why Alessandra and Alessandro told me to watch from the back. I am not that stupid to not know the reason I was kept backstage.

"Buongiorno Fratelli," I say politely. Now that they know I speak Italian why not just make it my usual language. Some of the brothers still had a suddenly surprised expression, probably because they aren't used to listening to me speaking Italian. Meh.

"Sit down Girasole." My father said while Armani the person I was sitting beside gave me a sweet kiss on the crown of my forehead which I happily returned as a side hug.

"We have some questions for you." My father's strong Italian accent is starting to be prominent as now he is comfortable knowing I speak Italian.

"Yes Papa. Tell me. Ascolto." (I listen) I said.

"So it has come to my surprise that you know Alexander Kingston. The tall British man, good friends with Armani, called you on the phone the other day. How?" Papa said seriously. I need to come up with an excuse. I keep my smiling face on to ensure no suspicions can be sensed cause I have a feeling father, Lorenzo and basically everybody is pretty good at reading faces.

"Yes, so I do not Mr. Kingston. When I was in the USA he helped me once. I was lost and forgot my way back home. Then Alexander helped me, he also gave me food. Since that day I had made a deal with him that I will pay him back in any way possible and he became more of a friendly protective brother figure." The lies were spilling out of my mouth like a song I had memorized perfectly. My Italian accent would come out when I spoke since I was surrounded by people with the same accent.

"Aah, I see. We must thank him. Also, what were you talking about privately to him?" Father questioned. Lorenzo raised a brow interested to hear my answer.

"Ah well it had been a long time since I contacted him and so I was talking to him about something funny, kind of an inside joke so I just wanted some privacy." I am almost trying to persuade you.

"Okay also how many languages do you know exactly," Papa asked.

"Aah good question. As of right now, I speak English, Italian, Russian and French." I specifically didn't include German and Spanish, trying to keep as many secrets as possible.

"Okay, that's all," Father said. I nodded.

"Words Bambina," Lorenzo says sternly. Sheesh, what's your problem! I roll my eyes in my head. I hear Lorenzo start to walk up to me. I look up and smile sheepishly.

"Did I say that out loud?" I ask. Lorenzo just holds my jaw super tightly.

"Ow ow, ow brother that hurts," I say as tears start to weld in my eyes.

"Don't you dare disrespect me? I am older and your brother. I am responsible for you as well as every other brother around here." He says and leaves. I let go of a shaky breath as I whip my tears. I go to Matteo immediately for comfort. He picks me up and rubs my back in gentle smooth circles.

"I am sorry," I say in a stuttery voice as I sob.

"It is not me to who you should apologize to," Matteo says and rubs my tears.

"But I didn't do it on purpose. He doesn't like me. Why is he so mean." I ask as my heart starts beating harder.

"Bambina it is not that he doesn't like you. It is that he needs time. He has this cool, mean frontier he has to keep. He doesn't hate you, he actually loves you more than you think. Try spending time with him. Try talking to him. You perhaps might find out more than you know." Matteo says. I nod and hide my face in the crook of his neck. I hear Giovanni get up and pour a glass of water. He comes to me and gives it to me.

"Here drink some water. Calm down and go talk to Lorenzo." Giovanni says with a kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you Bubs," I say and drink all the water. I hop off of Matteo's lap to take some time to cool off in my room and apologize to Lorenzo. I went upstairs quickly and washed my face and used some mouthwash. I decided reading would take my mind off things and read a children's book. Children's books always remind me of my godfather. He used to read them to me before bed even if he was a strict guardian. I heard my room door is open and I took my attention off the book and saw that it was my brother Emiliano. Huh, I wonder what he is doing. He kind of doesn't like me. Shocker. He came up to me and gave me a hug. I immediately returned it. The silence was deafening. Why was he being so nice?

"Umm, I saw what happened with Lorenzo and how you think he hates you. He doesn't. I kind of got worried that you might think the same thing about me since I have been very meaningful to you and appear as if I don't like you but that is not true. You are my little pocket of sunshine." He said sweetly and gave me a snickers candy bar. I looked at him happily. He is the best bubby ever. I took the chocolate from his hands and sat on his lap. He awkwardly took me in his arms still uncomfortable with human contact. "Thank you bubby. I love you." He looked shocked then I saw a slight hint of a smile. Then I realized. I told one of my brothers for the first time that I loved him. I loved Emiliano just like I loved all of my brothers.

Author's Note:

Hi Shadies, I hope you enjoy the small conflict between Lorenzo and Esmerelda- Antoinette. Please like, comment, read, share, vote, and follow beaners!

-SLIMSHADY OUT! 😎😎😎✌✌✌