Chapter 53

^^^^ Esmerelda- Antoinette's Mafia Crown ^^^^

Alberto Romano's POV:

The least I could say was that I was shocked. My Bambina walked up to the stage. She was the don of the French, Russian and Irish mafia as well as the owner of two major companies. I could feel tears stain my cheeks. What made me happy though was that I finally found my Princessa after over 3 months. All I wanted to do there was run up to her, and pick her up and hug the life out of her. I will never ever let my Bambina go missing under my nose again. When I was thinking this I knew I was speaking for the whole family. Even my best friend and husband of my oldest daughter Orabella were surprised. Even if Orabella is my step-daughter, I treat her like my own but right now my focus is on my youngest girl. I flickered my eyes to Lorenzo's face. I could see flashes of brisk emotions passing his eyes. He was trying so hard to keep his composure but sometimes it's okay to show emotions but he is too cold to understand that. His coldness was a personality trait he got from me just multiplied ten times. His jaw was clenched. Surely because his youngest sibling was not only involved in the mafia world but the leader of 3 of them. I could see Matteo's tears falling freely. He is more focused on the return of our youngest, I don't blame him. Sergio and Armani look conflicted. They look like they want to kill and celebrate at the same time. Valentino and Vincenzo seem overall happy but angry at the same time because our Bambina was about to receive the second most powerful award after the Mafia King of course. Francesco and Giovanni look like they are ready to fight. Their fists are clenched very tightly. Dante his face looks relaxed but hurricanes of anger could be seen passing through his head. Isabella seemed shocked. Orabella seemed shocked as well, it finally clicked into place for her, why her sister was at the Irish mob's hideout. Lorenzo's wife, Victoria, looked pretty similar to Orabella. However, Alessandro and Alessandra looked slightly shocked but kept a neutral face overall. All of this was madness. I just want my little girl back.

Esmerelda- Antoinette's POV:

I strutted to the stage in my shining glory. I probably looked like an eight-year-old who just saw clouds made of marshmallows. That's how I felt on the inside. Not to brag or anything but I'm the highest female in this room and I'm proud of that. I'm sure my mother and godfather would be proud of me. They're probably looking down on me from the stars. I walked up the red-carpeted stairs. My hair bounces behind me. My crown that was already placed as an accessory on my head shined in the decorative light. I felt strong for the first time. I felt confident. I felt like me. Once I arrived at the podium the announcer spoke yet again.

"Let's take a moment to appreciate the first female who has ever been granted such a high position in the mafia. The second most powerful. She is also the youngest to achieve this at 14 years old. Let's applaud those ladies and gentlemen." The announcer spoke with a glimmer of happiness in his eyes. I scanned the crowd that applauded for me. My family didn't applaud, they were probably against me being related to the mafia in any way. The Royals were screaming like madmen cheering for their trusted member. I waved at them like a five-year-old girl. I could see Antonio, my nephew jumping and cheering. He probably has no idea what is going on. Something or rather someone caught my attention. The so-called Mafia King who I don't even remember the name of was just smirking at me. I held eye contact with him for about ten seconds until I was weirded out by his expression. Honestly, when did he even appear in the Mafia equation? Either I didn't research or he's a newbie. I scoffed. I turned towards the announcer who was going to put a badge on me. I was expecting a badge but turns out I had a thick jeweled crown that looked like the one the Mafia King got crowned with. We both were the only ones with a crown. Personally only I should have the crown and I should have the one that the mafia King is wearing but whatever. I won't be stingy and greedy, that's not nice. Why am I even thinking about that spotlight stealer, it's time to think about moi! I take my current tiara off my head and carefully place it on the velvet stand. The announcer gently places the fragile expensive accessory on my head. It was kinda heavy not gonna lie. My brain was going to hurt for sure after this event. I turned to the crowd and did the cringy princess wave. I giggled while doing it. I felt like Aurora or Ariel or Belle. Even if I'm a Mafia prodigy, I will never give up on my dream to be an actual Disney princess. I flipped my hair with the gorgeous crown on my head. I then walked off the podium taking my time. I strutted to my group. Not my family, but the Royals. Hugo came up to me when I reached their table and smacked my back. He had a badge on his right peck of the suit. Kai ruffled my hair carefully without dropping the crown. Roman hugged me and I returned it back gratefully. Bishop came near me and bumped me with his shoulder. I slightly lost my balance but recovered quickly.

"So You're a powerful prodigy now ey, Squirt?" Bishop asked. I shake my head from side to side.

"I guess you could say that," I answer. The announcing of the members and award winners was complete. The party restarted and my goal was to avoid my family for as long as possible. The only way to do that is to go to the girls' bathroom. I excused myself but not before informing the Royals where I was going. I rushed to the bathroom. I didn't pay any attention to where my family was, my goal was to stay away. I yanked open the bathroom door and went in. I was about to rush in but realized I made the stupidest mistake ever. I halted exactly where I was. In the bathroom were all the men covering their secret body parts if you know what I mean. Then someone yelled at me.

"Yo, wrong bathroom!" A voice said strongly. I felt the blush rise up to my cheek. I just f*cked up right after people figured out who I was. I rushed out of the boys' bathroom and went to the next door, which was the girls' one. I yanked the door open and ran in. I ran to a stall and locked myself in. I did have to pee, to be honest. All that attention on me got me a little nervous and panicky. After I finished my business I washed my hands clean whilst singing the alphabet for optimum cleanliness. I dried my hands with paper towels. My hands smelled like a rose because of the exquisitely scented hand soap. I completely forgot what my main goal of why exactly I came to the bathroom was and exited the girls' area. I yanked open the door and boom! Smack dab in the middle of the hallway standing like bodyguards who were very angry was my family. Their arms crossed looking at me. I could tell they were happy by my appearance but angry at my disappearance. What can I say! I'm f*cked. I really should stop staring. I quickly started whistling and pretending that I didn't know them. The ignore strategy. I looked at their faces and they were unamused. I huffed. I did the next best thing. I played dead. I dropped myself flat to the ground, eyes closed, tongue out. This strategy is effective in movies so why not now. I peaked to see them still very unamused. Emiliano the angry brother. I'm surprised I can still remember. Emiliano came down to my level and pulled me up by the arm. I grunted as I was placed firmly on my feet. After ten seconds of huffing and grunting, I was met with Emiliano. He picked me up and hugged me. Wow, He was the first one. I thought it would be Matteo since he's the sensitive brother. Then immediately after all my family members started flooding me with hugs. My favorite hug has to be the one given by Lorenzo though. I missed him a lot even if he was the sick turd who was being a f*cking meanie to me all the time. His reason always consisted of, 'it's for your own good.' Boring, but I missed it. After our hugs and pleasantries, my father was the first to speak.

"Where the f*ck did you run away to Bambina!" He yelled at me sternly. I didn't flinch this time though. That's an improvement. Really they're going to yell at me after what they hid from me. I scoffed loudly.

"Oh F*ck No! You don't get to come up to me and yell at me for running away. You were the ones who didn't tell me the family secret. Everybody around me knew except me. I felt excluded!" I yelled.

Author's Note:

Hello Shadies! I'm so sorry for not updating. I am having a lot of trouble at school, I have also joined my school's cross country team which takes up a lot of my time! Many people have asked me for my updating schedule. Please go to my book called the Alpha's #bfflad, it has an updating schedule which will probably be similar to the one I will use for this book. Hopefully, this clarifies any doubts. Please feel free to ask me any questions. I am so tired of school. I'm about to have a mental breakdown, no cap. Please like, comment, read, share, vote, and follow! Bye Guyssss! 

-SLIMSHADY OUT! 😎😎😎✌✌✌