Chapter 40

^^^^Esmerelda- Antoinette's Pajamas^^^^

Esmerelda- Antoinette's POV

I was sitting in Sylvester's large house. I had bandages all over me. Sylvester fixed me up and it had been about one hour since I was sitting on a couch in front of the luxurious fireplace. Sylvester sat beside me hugging me, shielding me from the cold. I snuggled up to him. I felt like crying but the amount of pain I have faced just wouldn't let me let the tears fall. I guess my brain was still stuck on the traumatic experience I had for 3 and a half months. It still thinks it's in danger so it shows no weakness. Show no weakness. I showed my weakness to my family members. Telling them about my abusive experiences but I think I have been looking at it all wrong. The abuse wasn't my weakness. The scars weren't my weakness. They were my battle scars. Proof that showed I wasn't a pathetic girl who got the position of Don of two Mafias and CEO of two companies just because of the blood that runs within me. I was the girl who showed bravery and took the ultimate position of responsibility. I won't let my family bring me down.

"Are you ready to talk about it?" Sylvester said, his Russian accent becoming very prominent.

"Yes. Yes, I will. But could you ask the questions so I know what to answer? I am a little confused right now." I answer in my soft voice.

"Well, where were you the past few months?" He asked. I close my eyes.

"The Irish's second in command. Burkley. Burkley started a new gang using the old Irish Mafia members. He kidnapped me." I say. Sylvester rubs my back.

"Were you the target? Did you know he would come after you?" Sylvester questions. I sigh.

"No, I wasn't the original target. My sister, Orabella, and my sister-in-law, Victoria were the original targets. They were on a mission because Burkley had been stealing their information and they went to get it back." I answer.

"Ok. Well, where was this meet-up point?" He asked me.

"Well, it was a Casino. It had two floors. A lot of guards. It was kind of secluded. Outskirts of Rome." I say.

"So I'm going to assume you followed either Victoria or Orabella because I am pretty sure little girls don't usually go to casinos." Sylvester points out correctly.

"Yeah. I saw Victoria all suited with guns and knives. I was concerned because my brother was the one who allowed her to go. Considering I didn't know they were in the Italian Mafia I thought I should check it out. Because it is not every day you see your family act like a mafia assassin." I say, my lips quiver slightly because of the random cold shivers I feel from the trauma.

"Ah well. I already knew your family was in the Italian mafia. I also knew that your best friends Alessandro and Alessandra were the heirs of the Sicilian mafia." Sylvester breaks the news to me. I press my eyebrows together in confusion and anger.

"You knew the whole time. Then why didn't you tell me?" I ask furiously. He cradled me closer and kissed my temple.

"I didn't want to ruin their reputation for you. After a long time, you had a hopeful family. I wanted you to live a somewhat normal life, little flower. Also, Orabella isn't your sister. She is your step-sister. She is Isabella's daughter. Out of the research I have done. Isabella became pregnant on a random drunk night. After a few months, she met Alberto, your father, and then Alberto agreed to take care of Orabella." He says. I sigh in frustration.

"Yet another lie my family has kept from me. No wonder she doesn't hang out with me. I am not related to her. That's why." I shake my head negatively, disappointed in my family.

"Hey. I think you should take a break. Do what you love. I can take care of the mafias for a little longer. Enjoy your childhood for at least a month. I can enroll you in a school. I will enroll you in 10th grade if you want. I know you have a degree and all and you're only 13 but we can give you a true high school experience. We can start your ballet classes, piano classes, ice skating classes and horse-riding classes like you did with your godfather." Sylvester suggests. I open my eyes happily. I've always wanted a normal childhood, similar to the one I had with my godfather.

"How can I? I am a little injured." I say laughing. I mean I was badly injured. How would I dance if I had an injured left arm and an injured right leg?

"True. How about we wait 1 month for the after-school activities. You can go to school on a crunch and hand brace for a month. Once you get better after 1 month, we can start your activities." He says. That's a good idea. I can maybe have a few months of normal life. I started getting butterflies in my stomach. I was excited to meet new people and make new friends.

"Yes. That's an amazon idea." I say happily. He ruffled my hair.

"To help you we can call one of the assassins to pose as a high school with you. I mean Apinya would do just fine. She looks young and has a baby face. No one would know." Sylvester says. I laugh.

"No, if I'm going to live a normal life. I want to start fresh. Also, I forgot to ask you. What happened with the Russian Mafia. I thought they found the Chinese gang doing human trafficking. Did we stop them? Did we save the people?" I ask, remembering the situation that happened 3 months ago.

"Calm down. I had it all covered. Yes, we stopped them. We saved the people, given them shelter homes, and put them back in their hometowns. We even took over the Chinese gang. They are now part of the Russian Mafia. The Shadow Dragon doesn't exist anymore. Their government did question it but we shut them off." Sylvester re-assured me. I sighed in relief.

"So our Mafia has taken Chinese territory or has it just taken the men?" I asked, not knowing the answer.

"Well, we've taken the territory and the men. Whichever men were forced to join the mafia we have given them the freedom to go back to their families." He informed me. I nod.

"Wait, it's summer break, so how am I going to join a school?" I ask with a confused look.

"Oh well since you have missed a little education you can do summer vacation and just get enough credits to pass 9th grade. Then you can be enrolled for 10th grade without any trouble." He tells me. I make an 'o' shape with my mouth. My face shows realization. Looking at my face Sylvester just chuckled and pinched my cheeks. I giggled in response.

"Now go to sleep, little girl. I'll wake you up in the morning. Also, I asked one of my maids to get you some clothes because I am assuming you don't have any. Also, they might not be as fashionable as you wish because well the maid might not have as good style as you." He says. I nod. I go upstairs into a guest bedroom where I go to sleep. Before I went to sleep I changed into comfy PJ's. I went to the bathroom to do my business. While I was washing my hands I saw something tempting. I saw a razor. To you, it might be a razor but to me, it was a chance to cut. I hadn't cut in 4 whole months. After I got the disappointing faces from Alessandra and Alessandro, I just couldn't. It was very difficult to top something I am addicted to but I somehow managed. Ever since then I am hungry to cut myself. I want to cut my problems away. I want the burning sensation of the cuts to remind me even if I am in pain, I am alive. To remind me of all the bad things I have done, starting from killing my mother during childbirth to killing the three men who were going to torture me even if it was for protection. I picked up the razor. I take it out from the packet. I clip off the blade and delicately yet firmly hold it in my hands. I bring it to my forearms. I slice the shiny trinket on my arms. I sliced it 6 times. The blood oozing reminds me of all the torture I went through at the hands of Burkley. The pain I received from the lies my own family told me. My family is nothing but Hypocrites. HYPOCRITES. 

Author's Note:

Hey Shadies. Holy Guac! We are at chapter 40 already. Yeeeeeeeee. I was planning on doing only 40 chapters for this book but clearly, alterations need to be made. SMH. Anyway, if any of you like werewolf books, read another book I have written called Alpha's #BFFLAD. Please like, comment, read, share, vote, and follow. BYE beans! 

-SLIMSHADY OUT! 😎😎😎✌✌✌