Chapter 49

^^^^Esmerelda- Antoinette's bandana hairstyle^^^^

Esmerelda- Antoinette's POV:

It was the next day. Surprisingly the school didn't even know I was gone yesterday to play paintball which meant Sylvester has no clue. Whatever attendance system our school had sure was a sh*tty one. I remind myself to stop cursing. Today was a chill day. I had dance today as a school subject. Honestly, I asked the school if I could change the subject and do a different one even if I was good at ballet dancing because currently, I couldn't dance. So dance class in school usually ends up with me sitting amongst the girls watching them do ballet and contemporary as well as watching the guys in another room doing hip-hop. Honestly, it was fun watching the guys especially since Kai was in hip-hop dance class. He reminded me of those K-pp idols who could dance exceptionally well like Jungkook. For the next month, I was pretty sure dance class would always have me sitting out but I didn't mind. I had already gotten dressed and this time with my uniform because I intended on being a good kid. That was a lie, ever since I got involved with the Royals I was screwed. Anyway... I wore my uniform with a cute pearl necklace and diamond earrings. I wore a cute bandana which had small flowers on them. My hair was naturally straight so it looked good with the hair accessory. I headed downstairs and was greeted by, surprisingly, Sylvester. Usually, he had to take up my Capo position for the time being so he should be gone by now. I was glad that this fine day I would get to enjoy breakfast with my Consigliere.

"Good Morning Sylvester. What did you do to get free time?" I say with a giggle. I limp my way to the dining table. I pull a seat for myself and take a seat. I looked at my plate and was served with a sunny-side-up egg, a piece of toast, and a handful of strawberries. My glass was also filled with chocolate milk. Chocolate milk is the best thing that happened on this planet.

"Ahh well Esmeralda. I still have to hurry, I need to get to the office in 30 minutes. Today I just have to answer some important emails, no shipments because they arrived 5 days ago, we eliminated most of the rivals for the time being, and sadly no new leads on your kidnapper." He informs me. I sigh sadly. Sooner or later Burkley will have to show himself. We would have to force him out or he will reveal himself unintentionally. For now, we will just have to trust our hackers.

"Ah well, hopefully we will find new leads for Burkley. I trust my hackers are doing their job. Anyway, I have to get to school in 20 minutes. I've made new friends as well." I say take a bite of my egg and toast. I chew and swallow, washing it down with some chocolate milk.

"Ah well, what are their names. You sure you don't want me to ask the hackers to do a little search on them. Nothing too deep. Just some basic information." He tells me. I chuckle.

"No Sylvester. I am a normal teenager and normal teenagers don't ask hackers to do a background search on my friends. Since they are my friends I trust them enough to tell me secrets when they are ready." I say. He ruffled my hair and got up finishing his breakfast.

"I trust you will come to me when you need Esme and as your current father figure, I have to say. Don't get into any trouble." He says in a fatherly way. I smile cheekily knowing all I'm going to do with the Royals is trouble. I cross my heart with my fingers.

"Never Sylvester," I say and get up. I see Mr. Bodyguard waiting for me.

"Good Morning Mr. Bodyguard. It's time to go to school, Let's go." I say skipping to the black Audi. Mr. Bodyguards' long strides easily catch up to me. He opens the door for me like usual and I take my seat. I pull my seatbelt and keep my bag on the seat beside me.