Chapter 36

^^^^ Esmerelda- Antoinette's outfit of the day^^^^

Esmerelda- Antoinette's POV:

It felt like I was literally in the Fast and Furious Movie. The dude who I don't even know the name of was zooming past a bunch of cars trailing the black Range Rover. I have got to say where did I manage to catch a gem driver like him. Perhaps he may be interested in working for me, who knows. We were keeping a fair amount of distance from the Range Rover making sure Victoria didn't catch us. I mean I am still wondering about what Victoria was doing with a gun and why our Romano family even have guns. I feel like it is all connected somehow. Perhaps the Romano family plays a bigger role in the business world than I thought. I am so stupid for not checking more information about what exactly their job is instead of just accepting their open-ended answers. I have a strong feeling that today I am going to get those answers. Victoria, you are leading me right where I want you to. I smirk inwardly.

"Okay, so I know you're concentrating and all so I was wondering what your name is...?" I turned to the male driver who had his eyes on the black Range Rover.

"Good question. I will tell you my name if you tell me yours. You gain some, you lose some... marshmallows." He smirks. I mean he's got a point, I mean I ask him his name when I am in his car. That's a little unfair coming from my side.

"Yes. Umm. I have a very long name so I will just allow you to call me Esmerelda- Antoinette." I say confidently. I see his eyes change. It's almost as if he recognizes the name. That is suspicious.

"As in Romano?" He asked me. How does he know I am Romano?

"Yeah why. How do you know who I am?" I ask him. He starts smirking even more.

"Oh, so you're the princess... I should be taking you in right now, but unfortunately, you're too cute." He says the last part is softer. What do you mean princess? I know I am cute as a princess but that doesn't mean I'm a real one.

"Umm okay, I'll just pretend I didn't hear that... What's your name. Who are you?" I ask hoping to get the answer I wanted this time.

"I am Kayden Reece." He stated simply. My eyes widened. His name. He was the one who my hackers found. He was the leader of one of the biggest gangs in Italy. Smaller than the Mafia but big nonetheless. He was the one working with Legge del Sangue, the illegal law firm. He is a dangerous man. I concealed my expressions but I think my small slip of emotion could be detected by Kayden. He sensed that I knew who he was. Should I just confront him? Worst case scenario, he'll kill me, am I right...

"You. You're the leader of the biggest gang in Italy. Veleno Nero. Black Venom... You're working with the illegal law firm Legge del Sangue. You're a monster..." I say accusing him of what the normal man would think as nonsense.

"Glad to see you know who I am. But... I am not what you think. Yes, I am the leader and no I am not working with Legge del Sangue. I am working with them so I can get on the inside of their illegal business. Everybody thinks it's a legal business but I am starting to get closer to the truth. I also have a strong suspicion that the Italian Mafia is working with them. They are a force you should not reckon with. By the way, how do you even know I work with them? Who are you? I think you are more than what I think... Why did I even tell you all about this kid." He says, shaking his head side to side. He is not the enemy. He is just posing as one. So I am safe. I am not dead yet so that's good.

"I am the owner of the Diamonds & Co company," I tell him my most known legal business. His eyes widened.

"Oh, so you are more than just the princess. Pleased to meet you, Esme. Also, I am assuming we won't tell the pieces of info we shared to anybody." He says. I roll my eyes. Of course. If someone actually figured out the actual face behind Diamonds and Co other than my family. I am dead meat. People will come after me. Hunt me down like prey. Ooh. That gives me the heeby jeebies. While I was conversing with Kayden we came to an abrupt stop. Victoria's car had stopped about a few blocks away from us in front of a casino. What were they doing in a casino on a Sunday evening? Behind Victoria, I saw another figure.

"Here take these. It will give you a better view." I looked to my side and saw Kayden passing me a pair of binoculars. Who has binoculars in their car? He also had a pair and was looking at Victoria.

"Thanks," I replied. I took a closer view of who the other figure was and low and behold. It was Orabella, my older sister and the oldest of all my siblings. What in was she doing there?

"Quick question. Why are you going after Victoria Hernandez and Orabella Romano-Russo?" He asked.

"Wait, you know these people. How? They are my sister-in-law and older sister." I say. He just nods curtly. I guess he isn't going to tell me who those people are. As the two females went inside I knew it was my queue to go in. I got out of the car naturally to make sure it wasn't obvious. I heard Kayden's door open as well. Guess we are partners in crime now.

"You know you don't have to come. Thanks for the ride." I say hoping he wouldn't put himself in danger because of me.

"Well, I'm already too deep a little girl. Ready to have the best adventure with Kayden Reece himself." He says with a cocky smirk. It reminded me of Emiliano for some reason. How much I love my family.

"Thanks for sticking with me Kady," I say with a charming smile. He takes his gun and cocks it and puts it back in his waistband. He takes another gun out hidden in a secret holster he had. He passed it to me. I looked at him in shock. I have never used a gun before and what makes him think we are going to be killing today. Jeez. I was fine with my yo-yo's. I was perfectly capable.

"No thanks, I'll pass. Plus what makes you think we are going to be needing a gun. It's not like they're in a gang like you or something." I say. He just chuckles.

"You really don't know who they are? Victoria Hernandez, daughter of the Spanish mafia and queen of the Italian Mafia. Orabella Romano-Russo daughter of the Italian Mafia and Queen of the Sicilian mafia." He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I just started laughing so hard. I couldn't hold it in. My family is the Italian Mafia, Orabella in the Sicilian mafia. What is this nonsense?

"Sure if you say so," I say jokingly and tap his shoulder. He just shrugs annoyed by the fact I didn't believe him. Kayden and I go to the casino's back entrance. I looked underaged so clearly, I couldn't just head in there like it was a normal grocery store. Luckily there weren't too many guards in the back entrance. We sneaked up from the side. Kayden took his gun and punctured the side of it in one of the guards' temples causing him to fall unconscious. I take my yo-yo, swinging it and hitting it on the second guard's head. He fell unconscious just like his partner. Kayden looks inside the premises before giving me the signal of moving forward. I followed behind Kayden being as quiet as possible. We saw there was a staircase leading to a very smelly basement in a casino. If we went towards the front bar we would be caught by the bartenders. Plus these people weren't stupid enough to do illegal business right in front of the casino windows. Kayden and I headed downstairs. There was a curtain blocking our business. I slowly pushed it to the side to get a glimpse of the inside. There was a small room downstairs where I saw the worst thing possible. Victoria and Orabella are surrounded by over 10 guards being held at gunpoint. There was also a chair in which sat the Irish Mafia's second in command. Wait... I thought I destroyed the Irish Mafia. How did he survive! This is bad. I had to save them. I was interrupted with my panicking thoughts by the Second in Command's voice itself.

"Well Well Well. If it isn't the Sicilian Mafia Queen and the Italian Mafia Queen." Kayden wasn't lying.

Author's Note:

Hi Shadies. Here is an update. Sorry for being late, I was having major writer's block. Anyway in the next chapter, she will understand what Kayden meant about 'princess.' So which leader do you guys like? Lorenzo (Italian mafia), Alexander (British Mafia), Ryder-Blake (American Mafia), Kayden (Italian Gang Leader)? Please like, comment, read, share, vote, and follow. Thanks, beans! 

-SLIMSHADY OUT! 😎😎😎✌✌✌