Chapter 11

^^^^ Esmerelda- Antoinette's hospital room she wakes up in ^^^^

Esmerelda- Antoinette's POV:

I rub my eyes and groan. I felt my body had collided with a wrecking ball. I was sore everywhere. I was tired. My eyes were swollen. The light blinded my eyes. I rubbed them once again and got a better view of what was happening. I was connected to multiple wires. It looked painful. I was in a very rich hospital bed because this room wasn't normal. It looked like it was meant for VIP patients. I was going through an utter phase of confusion when my thoughts hit me like a train. I cut myself. Too much blood then I fell unconscious in Alessandro's arms. He went downstairs and probably took me to a hospital. Unless he told my brothers and this is actually my brothers' hospital. Okay I have a fifty fifty chance of surviving this terrible situation. Either my brothers know about my self harm or they don't. I hope they don't know about what I do. If they do know, they will start asking questions... I looked at what I was wearing. I was wearing a hospital gown. Oh sh*t. They probably saw all my scars as well. This is about the worst situation I have ended up in. I am supposed to be smart... Sad moments. I was about to take all the IV needles out of me and make a run for it, my door opened. In walked, Isabella Romano. My step mother.

"I suggest you don't remove your IV needles." he warns me. I mean she was basically my guardian now so I had to listen to her. I stayed silent and fiddled my hands together. I then broke the silence.

"Do my brothers know about the.... Cutting." I say the last part quietly. She stares at me.

"Yes they do. Alessandra told them." Okay so they know. I am as good as dead now. Why Alessandra, I thought us girls had each other's backs.

"Also I know about your scars. Have you been abused by your previous step father." She asks me sternly. Oh no my brothers probably know now. My face contorts into a worry.

"Ummm, I am sorry I knew I should have told you guys earlier before you guys found out. I am sorry." I start crying. Isabella walks up to me. She rubs my back. I leaned into her hoping she might hug me but she continued to rub my back. Well baby steps, I guess.

"Don't cry. They don't know yet. I was the one who changed you into the hospital gown. I recommended it to them that maybe you might be uncomfortable with them seeing your body." I sigh in relief. That means she knows.

"So will you be telling them..." I ask with tears running down my face. She takes a deep breath and stares at me.

"No...but If you don't tell them when they ask you about your self-harm habits then I won't hesitate to tell them myself. Also talk to me if you have a problem, it will be a good release for you." She says and leaves the room and calls my brothers.

"My love, My sons, she is awake." She says loudly and I hear a bunch of footsteps coming my way. Oh dear lord. May God give me the courage to handle the situations that I face." I glue my hands together and start fiddling with my hospital gown. My feet dangled as I assess the situation that I am about to dive head first into. The door opens and all ten brothers, three nephews, one sister standing there. I guess Orabella's husband didn't come. He probably had a lot of work, I don't blame him...

My father came up to me and gave me a big hug. He kissed my temple and rubbed my back soothingly.

"Stellina, I am so happy you are okay." He murmured. I broke into another train of tears.

"I am sorry, Father." I say while crying.

"Shhh, it's okay. You are okay now." He rocks me back and forth.

"Okay father that is enough, it's our turn now." Sergio complains. First came Sergio. I hugged him. Then I hugged Vincenzo and Valentino. Then came Dante. After Dante I hugged Emiliano. Then I hugged Francesco and Giovanni. Last but not least my brother Lorenzo. Orabella just smiled at me. I mean we were sisters but we weren't very close so I would understand if she felt uncomfortable hugging me.

Lorenzo's POV:

"Okay now, Principessa it is now time for you to answer our questions." I said. I could see her mood suddenly got eerie. Esme wasn't an easy book to read, she was pretty good at hiding her emotions but reading body language and a person's emotions is my skill as the future Don of the mafia. Everybody got silent.

"Now Tesoro, why were you cutting yourself?" I asked. I saw tears blur her vision. I hate to see her cry but I need to be headstrong about this so I can get all the answers I need.

"I-I, I cut myself cause it saves me from the disappointment I and other feel for me." She says while stuttering.

"Can you explain. What disappointment." I ask her. She takes a deep breath. I signal Francesco to go give her some mental support. He pulls her onto her lap and rubs her back as Esme cuddles into him.

"My-my step-p father. He looked at all my records before adopting me and saw that my biological mother died at childbirth. He used to call me a disappointment, and a murder for disappointing my mom and killing her and taking her life. He would mentally abuse me, call me useless, discourage me, call me inappropriate names in front of his friends. The sad thing is that he was right. I couldn't do anything to help myself from him or get away from the abuse. I was a disappointment. I had no actual family because I was worthless. I do not deserve a family." She said balling her eyes out. I am pretty sure my jaw has tightened and my fists could squeeze the life out of someone. Who dare call my sister worthless and disappointing. Too bad her step- father is dead or I would have given him a torturous death. I start seeing red. I breathe in and out to control my anger.

"Bambina from now on if you have a problem you come talk to us. We will not resort to cutting ourselves. You are not a disappointment. Out of all of us you are a shining light and definitely deserve a family. We are your family." I say almost emotionless. She smiles at me and I just nod. Smiling isn't really my thing.

"Also... My step-father used to umm... ab-abuse me. Physically. His friends would do it too. He would sexually harass and abuse me, use knives and whips to hurt me. He would also starve me." She says crying really loud. My brother and father were all angry now. I could see it in their eyes. I will hunt her step-father's friends down and kill them with my torturous ways. She lifts up her hospital gown as we see slash marks, and scars on her back, stomach, ribs, arms. My poor bambina. Francesco hugs her and she cries in his arms.

"Vincenzo, Valentino, book a time for her where we will give her a general check up and cure her body, give her a healthy diet and make sure she is strong for her age." I say in a finalized town and get up to leave. Oh how I need to torture someone right now. The anger is building up inside of me.

Author's Note:

Hi Shadies! Hope you like the chapter! Poor Esmerelda- Antoinette.  Please like, comment, read, share, vote and follow homiesss!

-SLIMSHADY OUT! ✌✌✌😎😎😎