5

[ Valentine ]

"Tinko, you had me looking stupid!" Keris hit me in the chest. Her hits hurt but I knew better than to show it. Her makeup was running and champagne and some unknown liquor was on her breath. "That stylist..she probably laughs at me. And look at where we live Tinko! I can't invite my friends out here. They'll think we're poor."

"We are!" Something inside of me snapped but I was quietly observing myself from the inside. "You want me to buy you this and that expensive weave that cost hundreds of dollars and only wear it for a day. Or the latest Birkin. Or some new shoes. Or-Or some Dior hair clip but you don't care about how we're both doing!"

Keris slapped me across the face. "I am working hard for both of us. I keep us together. I might not flaunt that I can make money. I- I, I might not be you but I do contribute to this relationship."

"Keris," I looked down at her angrily.

"You won't get me a child. You can't do anything right. You're always yelling at me. You don't even look happy around me. Do you want me anymore, Valentine Booker?"

"I don't know, should I? You leech off of me and sit around here and laugh on the phone with your friends. You want somebody to spoil you and you're not even worth spoiling." Keris reached forward to slap me but I brushed her hand back. "Do all those thousand of social media followers even know you personally and how you actually live? Is their approval more important than the well being of our relationship?"

"You're making this all up, Tinko," she said seriously. "Well good thing. That means this relationship never existed, as in, we're done," I smirked. "We can't be done. I don't want us to be done! You can't just leave me! You have to ask permission first. This is a two sided relationship, you can't just leave. This relationship wasn't just all you, Valentine," she screamed.

"Well, it was all my pockets, so it might as well have been all me. You can come back tomorrow and get your shit. Get out."

Keris scoffed, "You act like it's a privilege to live in this ghetto place. I'm going over to my home girl's house and when you get your shit straight be prepared to beg to get me back, Valentine. If I even entertain you."

"Guess you'll be holding your breath for a long time," I smirked back sickly.

"You'd love it if I died, wouldn't you, Valentine?"

"Possibly," I said back, tears dripping down my face.

Keris grabbed her heels off the floor and drunkly walked out of the door, glaring at me one last time, then slamming the door behind herself. I felt a call from Teece a moment later in my pocket. I picked up numbly, sitting on my couch and watching the front door my girlfriend just walked out of. So this was it, huh?

"Why did I just see Keris walk out the house like a drunk drag queen doing vogue?"

"Cause we just broke up," I sighed, not entertaining my friend's antics.

"Oh shit," she said, seeming to take that in along with me. "So we needa go to the club now?"

"Teece!" I laughed.

"I'm coming inside, ima just make sure Keris leave safely. Ion need her seeing my car and blowing my shit up."

"Girl, she can't even walk straight," I sighed. "She ain't finna try nunin tonight."

"Hey, at least the three thousand will be safe, and you got to keep the two hunnid without spending it."

"Yeah. So you coming in or what?" I asked.

"Keris just left in a Lyft. I'm coming in."

A few hours later of getting Keris shit out my house and getting ready for the club, we finally picked a random one to attend that was nearby. "Maybe we could own a club," Teece suggested, pulling up to a small establishment that was overflowing with cars and shady studs.

"That's too much work and I'm pretty sure we'll need millions, not a couple of thousands to get to where we need to be, Teece."

"Such a party pooper," she rolled her eyes. "We can do anything we dream. Serious ass."

"Even start a family together?" I looked over at her, smiling softly.

I cackled seeing Teece blush hard. "You are so easy to fool," I snickered. "Shut up," she punched me hard. "Now let's go find you a new female."

"Chile, hopefully Keris nor any of her friends are here," I prayed.

"Girl, don't worry bout that crazy hoe. Let's liveeee," Teece did a little shimmy. She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the entrance. I slipped out of serious Valentine and became goofy Tino.

Sometimes everyone needs some change.