29

[ Valentine ]

"Valentine, this is why I need to be there with Anaela and my friends," Dom said as we got into the car. Her ID had just came in as we were heading away with all of Dom's things and some of mine. I'd have someone to come get the rest of my stuff.

"Well right now Anaela is making those decisions and she is your friend," I said in a final tone. "Ughh," Dom threw up her arms, "I feel like you guys are my parents or something."

"Anaela hasn't abused you," I said without hesitation. "And although I stomped ya ass, you deserved that for working for Keris."

Dom quieted down, looking away. "Where are we going?" she asked. "Your friends don't seem much like friends right now anyways," I added. "Anaela's telling me they've found some sort of notebook or pages- I forget, that Pouty wrote about Anaela harassing her. Your friends believe them. It was uncovered by some Mayah girl."

"What?" Dom asked incredulously.

"Look, if Anaela goes down this way, it'll make what we have to do easier," I reminded Dominique. She only shook her head, mouth against her knuckles. She did that a lot when she was thinking nowadays.

I wonder what she was thinking now.

"Where are we going?"

I sucked in a breath to calm my temper and glanced at my Maps. We had a five hour drive. "We're going to a club," I abruptly made a right turn, nearly colliding with another car. Dom glanced at my Maps too, as she held onto the car to keep from flying out of it. "But I thought-

"We're going to a club. We have plenty of time to leave before the cops even think to question us. And they really shouldn't, but Anaela wanted us to take precaution."

"Yeah," Dominique agreed, excitement in her eyes. "Ready to have the night of your life?" I asked, glancing over at her.

The dark sky stood out against the bright lights of businesses, restaurants, and homes.

"I know of a good club," Dom smirked. "Well put in the directions," I told her, laughing.

We reached the club and I parked my car near the side of the establishment. "You got ya ID out?" I asked Dominique. She nodded and slipped it into her front pocket. "You got ya gun?" I asked, and she nodded, revealing a flash of glinting black metal. "You got ya hoes?" She paused, then grinned, "Not yet."

I dapped her up, and went into my glove compartment to pull a little something out. "Something to ease you up," I told her. I took a swig then passed it to her. She tried to look at the words on the bottle but I quickly turned the title away from her sight. "It only matters what's in the bottle."

She sniffed it, then drunk from it.

In a few minutes she would be loosened right up. "What if Anaela texts-

I pressed my finger against her lips, "Shhh. Don't worry about it. Let...Let God work everything out for her."

Dom's pupils were changing. "Exactlyyyy."