41

[ Valentine ]

I heard Teece roll out of Anaela's room and I slowly opened back up my door. I helped her to her room and she pushed me aside to get onto the bed herself. "How did it go?" I whispered in the quiet house, closing her bedroom door behind me.

I could hear Dominique shoving stuff into her bags roughly, but besides that, the countryside was a very lonely place. It had a beautiful yet somber tone to it. No wonder so many artists chose to have it graze their canvas's.

"I tried to console her as best as I could. She's pretty stressed out, Tino," Teece looked over at me. I sighed, "Sometimes I don't understand females. It's like I had been with Keris so long that I know longer now what to do. When you're used to a females dictating your every mood and using you, you lose a lot of self worth and direction in decisions. I don't know what to do."

"First of all: quit saying females, cause that's aggravating. Second of all: be open to Anaela about that," Teece advised, "it's better to have openness than fucking shit up with your girl." I nodded. "Unless it's in a good way," Teece smirked. I nudged her, "How has no sex been treating you?"

Teece glanced over at me seductively then stopped herself short. I kept staring at her but she looked away. When I was with Keris it was known between us that I didn't want to be with Keris, but I want to be with Anaela.

And Teece.

"Teece," I started.

"You should probably go pack up your things. My stuff is already together," she suggested. She moved her legs weakly over to the side of the bed and slowly let her feet touch the floor. Staring at them with contempt. "Maybe in Wisconsin I'll be fully healed and start back walking."

I laid my palm against her back but she moved away slowly. We shared a look. She only shook her head. "I don't wanna lead you in the wrong direction," she whispered. "You've always been there for me," I whispered back, leaning closer. Teece didn't move away. "You guys are perfect for each other, me and you are too alike."

I was closer now. Teece began to babble, "You know, a long time ago people used to be married off to their opposites. Marrying someone who looked like you meant the relationship wouldn't wo-

I grabbed her neck and pressed her mouth to mine. She tilted her chin up and pressed her lips against mine, rejecting my searching tongue. It was like a kiss a mother would give a child on the forehead. "This isn't right. And I won't do this to you guys."

She turned away and I knew that was my cue to leave, since she couldn't. I took in a breath, then got up. I had made it to the door when Teece said: "This wasn't the greeting "home" I had imagined."

"You still enjoyed it doh, rii?" I smirked, turning the knob and running straight into Anaela. "I was just...bringing Teece one of her bags. I thought she would need it," Anaela said quietly, avoiding my gaze. She stepped through  the threshold and sat down one of my best friend's bags by her legs. Anaela left the room without another word.

Teece shook her head at me and I closed her door quickly. I followed after Anaela to her room swiftly, but she still managed to close the door in my face before I could make it inside. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and stared darkly at her door. I wanted the door to open up to me, but I didn't deserve to go inside.