27

[ Valentine ]

"So, lemme get this straight," Dom said. "After you take the gang from under Anaela's feet, to do her some kind of favor, after you're leader for a little while, you're gonna give the position to me?" she repeated.

I held my face in my hands. This kid was messing me up, making me forgot the damn story I was trying to tell her to convince her to ride along for the adventure. "This doesn't even sound right. I thought you said you would give Anaela everything back when she's 18 or 19," Dom said accusingly. "What are you really trying to do here, Valentine?"

"Look," I slammed my hand down firmly on the table. "I want to take it all from her," I admitted. "This is everything Teece and I had ever dreamed us. Anaela doesn't want to do this and she's too much of a softie. You know your friend," I gave Dom a pointed look. "I'm more made for this type of life than her. Anaela can go on to do bigger and better things. Look, either Anaela hands it all over to me or I'll take it. I'm offering to give you my position if I die, or I get old, or I can't do shit anymore. That's security for you, and you'd always have my protection because I only want the best for you, Dominique," I told her straight forward in a sassy tone.

"This ain't right, Tino. This ain't right," Dom shook her head, standing up.

"I know more about the streets than Anaela. She might not have the best living conditions but she hadn't had to hustle for her next meal or her home. With a lot of arguing, she can get it from her mother. Arguing with mine just might get a phone bill cancelled," I told Dom.

"What's it gonna be?" I asked Dominique for the final time after a angers staring contest.

"I- If you promise not to kill Anaela," she leaned forward across the dining room table, "I'm willing to be by your side in all of this. I know she doesn't want this life..but give her some time to decide."

"She's had all of her life to decide secretly if this is what she wants, Dominique," I snapped at her. "Take the gang from her, Valentine," Dom said with a sneer, "but do not kill her."

"If she wants it back when she's 18 or 19, give it back," she told me, taking her hands off of the table.

"But until then," I trailed off, looking at my watch casually. "It's mine to keep."

"I don't like the game you're playing with my friend," Dominique stepped up towards me. I poked her back with a finger, "Well, you don't have to like it. I'm doing something good for my family and Teece's. You'll be offered a higher position alongside me," I told her. "I need your full loyalty though."

"You have my full loyalty, unless you harm Anaela, or anyone else I care for," she told me strongly.

"I suggest you don't leave your feelings laying around, because a lot of things are about to change, kid," I evilly smirked.

"I thought you were going to wait until Teece was released from the hospital to make any moves," Dom came to stand besides me facing a window, crossing her arms. "She's going to be released on Monday." I turned to look at my new ally, "In the meantime. We should get you ready for adult life, Miss Thomas."

Dom held a grim expression.