20

{ Anaela }

Sissy and Mayah were hanging out, Pouty was at home packing up, Reneah was grounded again, and Ria was sneaking into somebody else's sports practice. I was left at home waiting for Valentine to swing by so we could discuss Dominique's payment options.

I tidied up the house, taking the pieces of advice Pouty had thrown my way across the years and trying to make them a reality. It was five by the time Valentine arrived, and I was fresh from the shower. I hurriedly put on some comfy clothes and unlocked my door.

"Hey," she stepped in, hardly looking my way. That bothered me for some reason. "You walk into people's houses like that a lot?" I asked.

"Yes, unless I'm robbing them or something," she chuckled. "Good to note," I mumbled. She sat down my couch and I pulled some papers out. "I've worked out a couple of options for Dom," I told Valentine. "She'll be staying with you for the mean time until after I come back from my business trip," I told the stud.

"Where you goin?"

"That's- Meyerland," I sighed, not bothering to argue with her. "I was just down there the other day," she commented nonchalantly. "Robbing an older couple." My eyes widened. "With Teece," she added, as if that suddenly made things alright. "And an older person set it up," she added after that, seeing my expression.

"Valentine..I don't know where you're going in your afterlife, but-

My doorbell rung again. "What, is that Dom? Was she in the car or something?" I asked, starting to stand up.

Something felt off. Valentine motioned for me to move away from the door. I hid in my room, cracking the door open so that I could see what was going on. Valentine revealed a gun and slid it into her front pocket. She casually opened the door and a tall woman stood before it. "Is there a Valentine Booker here?"

"Why? She went to the store," Valentine smoothly lied. "I thought you were the cops or something. You scared me to death." She casually turned around and sat on the couch, gesturing for the unknown woman to sit. The woman glanced curiously at the stud, but closed my front door. I hid further back into my room, watching the two.

Did Valentine know this woman?

"What's going on?" Valentine asked, only the tiniest bit of worry placed into her voice. I had always thought I was a good manipulator and liar, but Valentine was golden.

I stared at her in admiration.

"I've come to collect her body for the Hamilton family."

"The Hamilton family?" Valentine frowned.

"Keris Hamilton's relatives and extended family," the lady regally informed Valentine.

"Oh," Valentine said, her bottom lip trembling. I couldn't tell if she was acting or not. I couldn't even imagine fear with Valentine's body. "Well, um, maybe when she comes back you guys can have a talk. I used her car so she should be walking back any time soon. Am, Is- My friend or I gonna get in trouble?" she asked.

The woman looked sharply in my direction. "No..you girls seem quite innocent enough."

Valentine abruptly revealed her gun and shot at the woman's hand. She shot the other then kicked her off the couch. She stood on her abdomen and stomped on it, increasing the blood flowing from the woman's wounded limbs. Valentine grabbed one of my pillows and shot the woman firmly in the heart. Valentine looked back at me, blood splattered across the front of her clothes. I hadn't even realized I had stepped out of the room in shock. I hid back.

Valentine was capable of anything.

Valentine was capable of anything, I repeated in my mind. "Valentine," I called out to her softly. Why had my voice gotten so weak? "I think we have another deal to make."

"What would that be?" she cocked her head, hiding her gun underneath her clothes again.

"You do my leader work, and..you'll be free of any charges you acquire except for any charges against members of my gang or friends and family. That includes me," I added, narrowing my eyes.

Valentine chuckled, "You're too pretty to kill, Anaela."

Valentine looked down at the mess she had created. I could stomach the scene, I told myself, it's just like the horror movies I love watching..only in person. And real.

"I suppose you should call someone to clean this up, huh?" she smirked.

I tossed her a soft smile, "No, looks like you'll be handling that, leader."