30

{ Anaela }

The cops came to Mayah's place and started questioning me. They wanted to call my mother, to which my friends started whispering. I guess it had been a collective assumption that I could do adult things without the need of my mom.

They were also taking my friends one by one and questioning them. I could tell everyone was ready to club. I knew they wouldn't take me in because there was no hard evidence right now. There really shouldn't be because I never had done any of these things to Pouty.

Right now I can't even tell who's a friend or a foe. "Alright, I'll be contacting everyone's parents if I need anything further," the lead investigator told us. I watched him leave. I suppose I should follow behind then, huh? I obviously wasn't wanted here.

I got my things and started walking for the door. "Anaela, aren't you going to come with us?" Ariana asked. I couldn't even look at her. I was growing pissed by the second. Everyone in here felt like backstabbers right now but I suppose in the same breath...if I had found out Siara was feeling like this then I'd confront my friend too.

"Yeah," I weakly said, looking away from everyone and avoiding eye contact.

"You should come out at least," Ariana suggested. I was so confused but I didn't want to make myself look anymore suspicious. A guilty person wouldn't hang out with their friends, right? "Let me just take my stuff back home," I told them. As soon as I got outside I called up Valentine. Maybe this was her doing, she had been moving different recently, after all.

This could be a set up my friends didn't even know about. Here I am blaming Mayah and Pouty when it might be the actual outsider to our friend group- a ruthless woman.

"Valentine," I sneered her name.

"I- Is there a problem?" she asked, sounding confused and a little drunk. "Did you set me up?" I asked quietly. I made it to my door quickly and unlocked the door. "Wait what- With what? No!" It sounded like she was in a loud room but she moved to a quieter space.

"You made a letter about Pouty saying I was doing shit to her so that everyone could turn on me. You know-

"What. I didn't even do that. Anaela, me and you are supposed to be working together," she emphasized.

"You been acting different lately. If your plan is to sweep all that I have from underneath me..."

"Valentine. Don't you think maybe one of your other friends might be doing this. All you've done is made me and Dom's live's easier. I'm not trying to ruin that. I'm not sneaking behind your back or nothing," she said sincerely. I slapped my forehead. "I know, this is just all a lot. I'm sorry, Valentine. Can you come with me to the club?" I explained everything that happened again and now added that everyone wanted me to still come along.

"I don't know- that sounds like the actual set up, Anaela. It doesn't sound safe," she told me slowly. "And I can't go with you because me and Dom are leaving."

"I know," I sighed, rubbing my head again.

"Well have safe travels. I'll update you about everything with my new case."

"Stay safe, Anaela. Me and Dom care about you," she said softly. I heard loud laughing in the background. It sounded inhuman.

"Thanks," I hung up.

I grabbed a different jacket and headed back to Mayah's place, a neutral expression on my face. I know what I have to do.