𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

AARON

I had tried to wake up early, in case Finn woke up one searched for me, finding me I'm Madison's bed instead of mine. That would confuse the kid too much. I answered some work emails and took a shower, making the most out of the time I had before Finn woke up.

That time was cut short, for an hour later I could hear small steps coming down form the stairs. Finn was walking down carefully down the stairs, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, his black hair—so much like mine—a mess. "Hey, dad." He smiled once seeing me. "I thought you were playing changing rooms with Mad. I go to her room and you wasn't there." He pouted.

"The changing what?" I said completely oblivious as to what he was talking about.

"Yeah, the changing rooms." I looked up, spotting Madison coming down from the stairs. "We didn't play today, bud." She said ruffling Finn's head while shooting me a wink.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked Finn.

"I don't know." He shrugged.

"What if we go to the park?" Madison suggested.

"Yes!" Finn jumped.

"Park it is I guess."

❥❥❥

I watched as Finn slid down the slide, his friend who he had made at the park, sliding behind him. They were running, both with dolls in their hand, around the park. Madison sat next to me in a bench, observing the parents and kids carefully. "What are you—analyzing every family?" I chuckled.

"It's called sneaky-people-watching. I do it daily. I'm like a spy." She whispered with thinning eyes. "See that woman." She nodded to a mom watching her kid, doing absolutely nothing wrong. "I don't like her."

"Why?" I chuckled.

"She gives me those vibes. I can sense people." She said seriously.

"You sure are okay?" I laughed.

"Shh. Look at that kid." She nodded to a kid swinging in a swing. "Why does he swing like that? And he doesn't let people walk. God I hate kids." She sighed with a disgusted face. "Except Finn. He's the exception.

I laughed, joining her sneaky-people watching.

❥❥❥

FINN

Grace and I were now in the sand pit, playing with the dolls dad had let me bring. Grace was my same age, and lived near dad. She had orange hair and light eyes—just like mine!

"Is that your Dad and Mom?" She said pointing to Dad and Mad sitting together on a bench, laughing together.

"He is. She is his friend and lives with him." I answered, going back to playing dolls.

"So...her girlfriend." Grace said.

"Nope."

"They look like they are in love to me." She said, playing with one of my dolls.

"My Dad doesn't know how to love." I said truthfully.

"Why is that?" She laughed.

"I don't know. My Mom told me that." Mom sometimes talked about Dad, not usually though, but he did say he didn't know how to love anyone.