𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈

AARON

"Are you mad?!" I bark as dad closes the door of his car once we're both inside.

"Come on son, Madison is going through a rough time, she could use getting out a bit." My dad says as if it isn't like she's about to live in my house.

"You say that because she's not staying at your house." I reply back. "I get that she needs an escapade, but why don't take a vacation, go to the Caribbean or some shit."

"Don't talk to me like that Aaron." He says shaking his head and starting the engine. "She needs your help, you more than anyone can teach her how to cope with her father's death" He says softer now.

I know it's true. I fucking know it.

And I know it would have been good for me if I had had some support from another person when I needed it the most. I'm not about to kick her out of my house but I would have liked a bit of say in the decision of her staying with me. She's a nice person, so it guarantees I will not have constant bitching in my house. But still, living with me.

I shut my thoughts down and stare into the road ahead as we near my father's house.

~~~~~~~

"I'll see you in a few days. I miss you so much. Love you, bye" I say onto the phone before ending the call. I rest in my bed, in my old room as I stare at the ceiling contemplating my life.

I'm CEO of my father's marketing company, a very big and well paid business. I live in San Diego, ever since I graduated with honors from Cambridge University in England. I'm 32 years old. Live in a pretty stable and big house, alone, except for the most important person in my life that visits often, far less than what I would like to.

I'm stable, far more than stable actually. But am I happy? I sometimes question that. I wouldn't say that I'm depressed, nor near, but sometimes my life feels like a routine. Wake up, eat, go to work, eat, sleep, repeat. Add a couple of nights out and good fucks but then, every day the same.

I feel as life is passing me by. Year by year nearing faster every time. I soon realize and I'm 80 in an elderly place, alone. And what have I done?

I've studied, became successful, am successful. Work an amazing job; for my father.

But what have I done for my own good? For my own happiness?

That's the question.